HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Hi Jaygrid

That's how I did.

1 - download High Sierra on App store (in Application)
2 - I used BootBuddy to create USB keys.
3- Once the installation keys finish, I have installed Clover 4221 (ESP) on usb keys
4 - In clover on usb keys:
Install your DSDT, Config.plist, and your Kexts in folder 10.13 and other
5 - Starts and installs H.Sierra. (Two part installation)

Normally must work
Here are my files if this can help.

PS: I had this reboot problem, which I corrected by putting in clover / kexts / 10.13 and other folder NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Archive.zip

• Like 1

Hi Jaygrid

That's how I did.

1 - download High Sierra on App store (in Application)
2 - I used BootBuddy to create USB keys.
3- Once the installation keys finish, I have installed Clover 4221 (ESP) on usb keys
4 - In clover on usb keys:
Install your DSDT, Config.plist, and your Kexts in folder 10.13 and other
5 - Starts and installs H.Sierra. (Two part installation)

Normally must work
Here are my files if this can help.

PS: I had this reboot problem, which I corrected by putting in clover / kexts / 10.13 and other folder NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

No need to use nullcpu if you patch a vanilla appleintelcpupowermanagement kext. If you use speedstep the cpu will run cooler and the fans will work less hard. I only now use a kexts 10.13 folder.

• Like 1

Yes, I put all the kexts in 10.13 folder but didn't´t work

I put your files and the same

maybe Z600 is  different or double processor or who knows

I have problems with booting from usb, don't know why, I always use a data drive, this is the way I install Sierra, hope this gives a clue

Thx for all the help. Something is different with a dual processor Z600/Z620. This is only a problem with High Sierra, if I try Sierra 10.12.6 it works flawless and smooth.

Non of the hints and tools worked for my machine, so i give up and sold it.

Beautiful machine, but have no time to wait...no up2date macOS - no way for the machine.

Next try with i9-7900x...fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

After so many time spent, Sierra does not install on my machine.
I have a Z800, latest bios, dual Xenon X5680 (24 cores total), 96gb ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB G1, Dual display, RAID 5 for windows 10 and an separated 500GB HD for Sierra.
I use corei3cpu instructions, and various others variations, but the far I got was this screen on Clover boot.

At this point, any help will be surely appreciated.
For Sierra or even HighSierra.

Sorry if I am missing some basic fact, but I was off the Hackintosh community for a -very- long time.

post-147240-0-38007900-1508025827_thumb.jpg

After so many time spent, Sierra does not install on my machine.

I have a Z800, latest bios, dual Xenon X5680 (24 cores total), 96gb ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB G1, Dual display, RAID 5 for windows 10 and an separated 500GB HD for Sierra.

I use corei3cpu instructions, and various others variations, but the far I got was this screen on Clover boot.

At this point, any help will be surely appreciated.

For Sierra or even HighSierra.

boot args

-v nv_disable=1 dart=0 

also make sure inject intel=false and inject Nvidia =false

if does not work, post your EFI folder here

• Like 1

Doesn`t work.

Same error, and same slow speed to boot.

My EFI folder from the USB boot drive is --exactly-- the same as corei3cpu posted in:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lk235fzgzh2ioad/HPz800_Install_Files.zip?dl=0

in your Clover EFI you try to inject kext by two directory
Other and 10xx Try to used only one directory

Also do not try to inject audio kext to install OS X, so remove your Audio kext in Other or 10xx

To Install OS X with your graphic card try this config.plist attaching here.
Good luck

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

Doesn't work.

Somehow, this stops on the same point.

After researching, I achieve to install Sierra flawless with this EFI below.

But when boot from the harddisk, the USB doesn`t work.

WHou!!!  you are using strange programme

<key>Theme</key>
<string>iatkos</string>

Maybe thats why you have. tones of issue 
  • Like 1

Yeah. I imagine that.

But the pen drive installation works with this. 
Only the USB ports doesn`t work when I boot from the HD.

In fact, I am trying everything to make this work.

Also, my Clover installation says that version is incompatible with the system I am using to generate the pen drive (VMware on Sierra).

• 3 weeks later...

Hope someone can help you out there Rockey12!

For those interested in upgrading from 10.12 to 10.13 in place (no USB stick needed), here's my recipe for the Z800 and Z400.

I chose to give APFS a go on the Z800 with the Samsung EVO 850 primary drive since others had reported it was working ok.  I'd previously run trimforce enable and left it in place.  It seems happy enough at this stage, boots fast and system generally responsive.  Same impression with the Intel 320 SSDs though time will tell.  APFS + SSD makes for a more responsive GUI on both these boxes I found, similar to my MBP.  Other 3rd party SSDs may have issues, you'll need to do your own homework there.  If this is a concern, there are instructions elsewhere on launching the installer to skip APFS and keep HFS which you could add in below.  By default the installer will only convert your system SSD.

I made an image backup of my SSDs first in case I need to revert to HFS+ from APFS.  I would recommend doing the same.  This was the longest part of the process.  I used dd & xz from System Rescue CD to bounce image file dumps to an external USB HDD, any reasonable full imaging method should work.

- Download "Install MacOS High Sierra" from App shop
- Use ESP Mounter to mount EFI partition

- Copy existing EFI folder to desktop
- Download latest Clover & run it
- Choose system volume
- Press Customise - choose "Install Clover in the ESP" if you have an ESP partition (check for EFI partition with 'diskutil list' in terminal).  Clover should remember your other settings.  Then install it on the system's boot volume.

- Copy your kexts (all my relevant ones were and are in 'kexts/other') and config.plist from Desktop/EFI to the new EFI/CLOVER.  Also if you have one CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml to the new EFI as well.
- Right click and open contents of /Applications/Install High Sierra/and mount SharedSupport/basesystem.dmg then copy /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi to new EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 (for legacy boot, appropriate for Z800 and Z400) and EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI for newer boot (or just copy into both)

- Unmount basesystem.dmg

- Export any ZFS pools
- Run the installer.  It will say it needs to install firmware...let it do its thing.

- Choose your usual MacOS volume in Clover when it reboots

- When it reboots the second time, choose MacOS Installer in Clover, log in, the installer will pop up in a few moments, click through it as usual...
- Next reboot ignore the two 'preboot' options and choose MacOS

- Nvidia web drivers will prompt to download an update, do so and reboot
- You should be right from here.  Install at will latest ZFS, MacPorts, what-have-you &c &c.

Hope this helps someone.  I'm finding APFS on SSD makes a noticeable and pleasant difference.  Cheers!

• Like 3

Sorry guys my hp z800  bios is corrupted   :poster_oops:       and now i'm on fujitsu celsius r670  :shock:

Need some help to the get sound 

Audio codec .    Realtek ALC663   Desktop Version

try this:

I have configured:
post-1358580-0-12098700-1509875218_thumb.png

Speaker (LineOut back) and HP (front) in switch mode
Mic front
Line in back
SPDIF orange

LayoutID 11 (0B)

with DSDT: 0B in DSDT / HDEF
without DSDT: inject 11 in config and FixHDA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings! HP Z600 w/2 x Xeon 5560's/24GB Ram/Nvidia Quadro 600 1GB/MacOS 10.12.3

Desperately trying to get my Quadro 600 working properly. Card is recognized, but artifacts, screen garble and random distortion deems this card unusable at the moment. I've tried another Quadro 600, with the same results. I see that Clover Configurator has tables for NVCap values, as well as well as EDID injection, however I haven't tried these methods as of yet. Any assistance on this issue would be much appreciated! Thanks. 

@ssprod

Greetings! HP Z600 w/2 x Xeon 5560's/24GB Ram/Nvidia Quadro 600 1GB/MacOS 10.12.3

Desperately trying to get my Quadro 600 working properly. Card is recognized, but artifacts, screen garble and random distortion deems this card unusable at the moment. I've tried another Quadro 600, with the same results. I see that Clover Configurator has tables for NVCap values, as well as well as EDID injection, however I haven't tried these methods as of yet. Any assistance on this issue would be much appreciated! Thanks. 

what all edits have you compiled with your dsdt? i have a friend whos card wouldnt work properly until he compiled the correct dsdt and ssdt. What youre describing is something ive only really seen from either the card overheating or the card not getting enough power.

@ssprod

what all edits have you compiled with your dsdt? i have a friend whos card wouldnt work properly until he compiled the correct dsdt and ssdt. What youre describing is something ive only really seen from either the card overheating or the card not getting enough power.

Thanks for the post! I’ve done Rehab’s general patches, but none specific to Graphics. Where would I find those? Thanks again.

Another update.  I got a Kingston NVMe SSD on a PCIe card adaptor for the Z800.  This won't boot from the BIOS, but happily you can just put Clover on a USB drive (as per http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296891-installing-clover-on-usb-drive/?do=findComment&comment=2005139) or small SSD, tell it to install the NvmExpressDxe-64.efi driver, then the usual kexts/apfs.efi/dsdt/config.plist transfer to the matching directories in the USB drive's EFI folder.  Then Clover, booted from the small drive, will find the NVMe volume and allow booting from it.

Was very happy to see HS boot and install cleanly onto the NVMe.  Fed the fresh install my Time Machine backup when prompted and life is even better.  Benchmarked with Blackmagic, writes around 1.2GB/s, reads around 1.5.  PCIe 2 chokes it a little bit but it's a totally worthwhile upgrade.

The EVO 850 already plugged into onboard SATA 2 was clocking 260/270 MB/s so it's a big boost.

I also added a Syba combo USB3/SATA3 PCIe x4 card, OS recognised it automatically, and the EVO (now a supplementary drive) clocks 370/390, so that was worthwhile.  The USB3 shows good speed increases with a matching thumb drive too, so pretty happy with this lot to beef up the ol' tank.  Will post back if any issues come up with the card but first impression is good.