HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Z400 workstation from work, with xeon W3520. This CPU is not supported by the AppleIntelInfo.kext (system reboots on load) or the script to generate DSDT.

I used normal clover based installation copying all EFI folder on USB, and worked almost perfectly first go :-). I started with El Capitan, upgraded to Sierra, and a few days ago even High Sierra, and everything is working. Nvidia GTX 1050 with latest web drivers, audio with voodoo I think, but I have to remove the AppleHDA.kext from /S/L/E. After reboot I have sound over the integrated ALC262. Did not try to get HDMI audio over the displayport, but I don't really care about that, as long as basic audio is working, it's fine for me. Sleep invoked from the mac menu doesn't do anything (blanks the screen, but fans keep spinning), but auto standby after 10 minutes does work :-).

Thanks! Tried to get macOS going on other machines I have, but no idea how to go about that. Without the DSDT.aml from first post it doesn't even boot the install USB.

Also have linux, so if you are interested to get some files from me, just let me know.

Update: went the AppleHDA route and that's also working now. :-D

Only thing missing is invoking sleep from Mac menu, but I can live with that

• Like 1

I need help. I am still running on 10.12.6

HP Z800 with a quadro 4000 and dual xeons.

I installed the latest web drivers as an update and the install broke my OS

Here is a 40 second clip of me trying to boot verbose.

Can anyone see how to fix my issue?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19PzM7DY4VVwEDrr2uoWKutPO1Tmlq67H/view?usp=sharing

You don't need Web drivers with this gpu, it works oob without any bootflags. It works for me as I have the same card on my xw8600 workstation.

Yes

Thanks Rockey12!.

Reading in the thread I understood that it was no longer possible with HighSierra 10.13.2 / 10.13.3

Following your guide, will you confirm that it is still possible?

Unfortunately I can not get to the installer of 10.13.3

Clover 4415

HP Z620 Bios 3.91

CPU E5-2680

Bios settings as a guide

drivers64 and kext (other and 10.13 folder) with the kext you gave me.

I tried to boot with -v npci=0x2000 and debug=0x100 to try to understand what the problem is.

Tips?

I think i need this patch 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326200-new-possibilities-for-x79-appleacpiplatform-panic/page-3

EDIT:

I added my EFI folder and the origin folder generated by Clover F4

Tips?put All The Kexts into EFI/CLOVER directory for macOS 10.13.2 in 10.13.2directory. Have fun!

How to install MacOS Sierra 10.12.3 on HP Z620 Workstation.

download macOS Sierra Installer (go to App Store to download).

create a USB Installer.

to create a bootable USB. However, we have to use kexts from CustoMac Essential package and put these kexts to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory (mount your EFI partition first!)

Here the Tricks

Note: I put my /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER directory and all kexts we need in the repo.

• Install the lastest CLOVER (e.g., v2k4)
  • We have to use flag npci=0x2000 all the time. (I also use dart=1)
  • Z620 crashes randomly when booting, we can fix that with flag cpus=1. However, this makes our PC slow (only 1 CPU!!), therefore, we fix this problem by installing VoodooTSCSync.kext at /System/Library/Extensions . Remember to fix permission. E.g.
    chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/* && chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/* && kextcache -system-caches.
  • We got problem with USB ports (therefore, cannot install from USB). We fix it by:
    • First, Use Clover Configurator V4.39.1 app to mount EFI and patch ACPI (Look at "List of Patches" in Acpi menu and apply All Of Them)
    • Install USBInjectAll.kext to inject all USB ports!
  • HP Z620 crashes with many versions of FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, so please use those

http://sixflow.net/osx86/index.php?mid=System&document_srl=83674&cpage=1#comment

EFI.zip

origin.zip

I just followed some Rehabman guides to install MaciASL, Patchmatic etc.

I have tried Clover DSDT patch...

I'm trying but I do not have enough knowledge to succeed

I am reading the file DSTD.dsl and looking for the values ​​that modify in the guide (SCK0, CPUSCK0) but I can not find them with MaciASL, probably the extracted data are not similar.

sorry my friend  but you didn't patch your dsdt how can you expect to install any thing   

your clover ACPI patched folder is empty there is no dsdt or any ssdt  

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326200-new-possibilities-for-x79-appleacpiplatform-panic/?p=2489834

• Like 1

Rockey12,

Thank you, I believe there is positive progress !.

I attached photos of the KP, could it depend on the CPU E5-2680 v1 ??

Archivio.zip

use this config.Plist as a reference this one is from z420

ssdt from z420 as a reference

Excuse me, I feel very stupid to ask.

Ok for the config.plist part and the patches.

Patch my SSDT what do you mean?

With the SSDT.aml you attached me what do I do?

so please don't use this ssdt in your clover folder patch your own ssdt 

celect all the patches in config.plist and let the clover to patch  dsdt and ssdt for you  dureanig the clover start press F5

I solved with a user who contacted me via PM.

@Rockey12 I have read of your workstation with bricked bios, have you tried to restore it with the Boot Block Recovery mode (E15 jumper + USB with bios .bin?

Excuse me, I feel very stupid to ask.

Ok for the config.plist part and the patches.

Patch my SSDT what do you mean?

With the SSDT.aml you attached me what do I do?

• 1 month later...

I am wondering if anyone has an HP Z420 with Native sound working?

I have moved up from a z400 with native audio working with patched DSDT + Patched Apple HDA and Codeccommander. 

Since both the z400 and Z420 both use realtek ALC262, I used the same DSDT/HDEF patch on my patched Z420 DSDT + Clover Inject Layout 28 + AppleALC 1.2.3 without success. 

Audio is of course working with VoodooHDA but I can not get Native Audio working.

Everything else working great include native power + speed stepping, LAN, and USB2 ports(not 3).

Current config: HP Z420, QuadCore Xeon E5-1620, Nvidia Quadro K2000, 48gb Ram, 256 Samsung SSD, Clover Bootloader.

Edited by apav
  • Like 2

On 1.4.2018 at 3:02 AM, apav said:

Since both the z400 and Z420 both use realtek ALC262, I used the same DSDT/HDEF patch on my patched Z420 DSDT + Clover Inject Layout 28 + AppleALC 1.2.3 without success. 

AppleALC.kext needs Lilu.kext
AppleALC alone is not working

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 1:12 AM, MacPeet said:

AppleALC.kext needs Lilu.kext
AppleALC alone is not working

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

Yes, I was using AppleALC + LILU + I tried to patch my DSDT using previous Z400 HDEF patch but wasn't working for me. MaLd0n was able to correctly add DSDT HDEF patch and I now have native sound on my Z420.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I would like to ask if someone work with AMD r580 GPU because I would like to upgrade to this card for after effects

My workstation is

HP Z800 2 x 3,32 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon | 48gb | GTX titan 6gb | Sierra 10.12.6

All works fine

Edited by post6522

• 3 weeks later...

Hello hackintoshers. I know this thread is getting long and old, but I am about to try my first hackintosh. Has anyone installed MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 with Clover on a HP Z440 workstation (Xeon E5-1620 v4, Intel C612 chipset, Realtek HD ALC221 audio)? I am using a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB. Windows 10 Pro is running now.

What kexts do I need? From countless threads and tutorials I have come up with this list:

AppleALC.kext

AppleIntelE1000e.kext

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

CoreDisplayFixup.kext

EFICheckDisabler.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Lilu.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

RealtekRTL8111.kext

Shiki.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

WhateverGreen.kext

XHCI-x99-injector.kext

Others I have seen:

XHCI-x99-injector.kext

AHCIPortInjector_v1.0.0.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0.kext

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

But I think some of these may be for laptops.

Is it a problem to install unnecessary kexts? Or the more, the merrier? Do I need to edit a DSDT? Or does Clover Configurator or 'that beasty thing' do this for me?

When I get it running, can I upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.4 from the App Store without a care, or does some of the above need to change? Would I be better off creating my USB installer for High Sierra to begin with?

What problems should I expect?

Edited by Jon_K

Can someone help me with installing high sierra on a HP Workstation Z640. I have never done this before so I'm really confused about what needs to happen. I created a bootable usb installer. I boot up to the "Clover Boot Manager" and when I click "install macOS high sierra" the apple logo comes up but that's it; no loading bar and it's just stuck there. the screen is also offset so the apple logo is closer to the bottom right of the screen(I don't know if that's important). when I use verbose mode setting it gives me this

. I take it that means barely anything has happened.

I also decided to try the bootable usb on my laptop( ASUS G750jx - nvidia gtx 770M - intel corei7 4700HQ). In this case it doesn't even show the apple logo. It simply shows the computers default startup logo( Replublic Of Gamers Logo) but curiously also offsets the screen when its showing this logo. it then proceeds to startup up to my normal windows log in screen.

I however did not use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installer to make the bootable disk I used the os terminal with the command by following this guide http://hackintosher.com/guides/make-macos-flash-drive-installer/

I am following this guide https://hackintosher.com/guides/macos-high-sierra-hackintosh-install-clover-walkthrough/ and now I'm stuck in that apple logo. 

IMG_4357.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 2:21 AM, post6522 said:

2034877618_ScreenShot2018-05-08at15_13_06.thumb.png.98d9ae3e5af86db8ebd21ae82bb01074.png1585420939_ScreenShot2018-05-08at15_13_19.thumb.jpg.877a814c9e8409956d2637f5ce6c404c.jpg

Hi 

I would like to ask how I can change slot of my GPU from ethernet to pci

Thanks A lot

R U comfortable modifying your DSDT directly ?

• 2 weeks later...

Mojave runs on Z400, apart from the graphics acceleration for nvidia cards.
Must wait for webdriver compatible.imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

img.png

Edited by kif.007
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I am in the process of upgrading my z800 from 10.11.6 to 10.13.6. I am modifying my config.plist to create my bootable USB drive. I am using Rockey12 files as reference in order to modify from this post:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307064-hp-z400z600z800-workstations-os-x-1010x1011x-installation/?page=46&tab=comments#comment-2475176

Thank you Rockey.

I would like to know if possible if you guys could share with me a screengrab of the Clover installation screen as I would like to know what options exactly I need to check or uncheck to make the bootable USB drive.

Specs:

2x 6 cores @ 2.93

16GB RAM @ 1333

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2018 at 1:50 PM, jrv10 said:

Hi guys, I am in the process of upgrading my z800 from 10.11.6 to 10.13.6. I am modifying my config.plist to create my bootable USB drive. I am using Rockey12 files as reference in order to modify from this post:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307064-hp-z400z600z800-workstations-os-x-1010x1011x-installation/?page=46&tab=comments#comment-2475176

Thank you Rockey.

I would like to know if possible if you guys could share with me a screengrab of the Clover installation screen as I would like to know what options exactly I need to check or uncheck to make the bootable USB drive.

Specs:

2x 6 cores @ 2.93

16GB RAM @ 1333

Thank you.

Like jrv10, someone can share his 10.13.6 EFI folder for HP Z800 please ?

Thank you !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Greetings Rocky12,

Being here in and out for sometime and able to install 10.11 successfully with the help of a patched DSDT supplied by a genius here (forgot the name sorry), very happy to have my Z600 running with clover.(which is good enough for me)

Recently i check my Z600 hardware config and found out the onboard (Firewire LSI 1394A) was missing . The FW port was however, running over win7 and somehow it was missing over osx 10.11

In this case i suspected my DSDT file were somehow unable patched the onbaord LSI chips.

Neither i am a expert nor have knowledge over DSDT patching/checking. All i know is that this DSDT file is "specially patched" as a typical clover F4 DSDT file will always run into a KP during clover installation......

Seriously I need the on board 1394a port to be up and running again as me pcie/pci slots were already fully occuplied.

Therefore can you pls help me to check and patch (if possible) my DSDT file so that  i can able to had the firewire 1394a running again in the near future?

See attached file covering my DSDT file, config plist file, PCIlist, System Profile, IO reg file , Hardware status sereenshot for your reference.

DSDT

Config Plist

IO Reg

PCI list

System Profile

Current Firewire Status

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Bosica