HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2018 at 10:33 PM, Rockey12 said:

For Z800 user my dsdt u can use as reference i have attached my dsdt +Config.plist + kexts for clover

For working Audio i have Attached all the related files u have to put into System Library Extension

if u are really interested in native power management u have to read carefully this thread

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/196771-ga-ex58-and-ga-x58a-dsdt-native-power-management-modifications/

For macOS High Sierra Clover Files.zip

Audio AppleHDA+other 2 kext.zip

So I have my Z800 (mobo in a Fractal Design XL case) running pretty well except for built in sound.

I'm really no expert in these things as I don't fiddle with it much, I just use my computer.

I installed the "Audio AppleHDA+other 2 kext.zip" files in S/L/E of my boot drive but nothing happens (I have audio enabled in bios).

Do I need some Clover config or something in addition?

I'm not using DSDT.

Mojave 10.14.1 and Clover 4784

Z800 with 2x Xeon X5690 CPU's
96 GB RAM

Samsung SSD 950 PRO boot drive

Radeon RX 580

Firewire, USB, Ethernet, etc all working.

Edited by robertr

On 9/25/2016 at 9:18 PM, ZorroZZ said:

Works for me :-) and for you to test...

Sierra installation procedure for Z800 with BIOS 3.60

HW Specification :

HP Z800  with BIOS version : 3.60

CPU: x2 6-core X5650 @ 2.67 GHz

RAM: 24 GB

GFX:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti, 3GB, 3072MB,GDDR5 384bit

Sonnos Tempo SSD ACHI Controller

SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB & 256 GB  Corsair Force GT

Monitor: Samsung 4K, 3840 x 2160 Resolution (UHD)

Before you begin ensure that you have a running OSX installation an downloaded the following tools:

-        Clover Configurator

-        ESP Mounter Pro 1.0

-        "Kext Utility"

Start by downloading the following:

-        OS X Sierra through “AppStore”

-        Bootloader “Clover (latest)

-        Patched DSDT for Z800 ,

-        Kext’s: “LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext & AppleHDA  & CodecCommander.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext”

1. Create Sierra Installation media on a USB (16Gb or more)

-        Start by formatting the USB flash "Untitled", “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)”, “GUID Partition Map”

-        Open Terminal and run “sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app –nointeraction”

-        Install latest “Clover (latest)” on to your USB “Install macOS Sierra” and choose “Customized” and only the following:
         "Bootloader/Install boot0af in MBR"

"CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO" (For PCIe ACHI cards)

"CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA" (For internal MoBo SATA)

-        Start the installation process

-        When finished mount the USB “Install macOS Sierra” EFI partition using “ESP Mounter Pro 1.6”

-        Copy EFI folder from " Install macOS Sierra/" to mounted EFI partition "/"

-        Copy DSDT to "EFI/CLOVER/ACAPI/Patched/"

-        Copy “LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext & AppleHDA  & CodecCommander.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext” to "EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/Other/"

-        Start Clover Configurator and open config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER/

-        Go to  options and check  -v and and save (In my case there is no need for additional drivers so no need for ”nv_disable=1”)

-        Now you are done with the USB installation media next is to install the OSX Sierra

2. Install OSX Sierra

-        Boot on USB , Install Sierra, Reboot using the USB but this time choose the HDD with newly installed Sierra

-        Install Clover to your HDD Sierra partition

-        Mount USB “Install macOS Sierra” EFI partition and copy the EFI folder to your desktop, un-mount when done

-        Now mount the HDD Sierra EFI partition and copy the EFI folder from your desktop to mounted EFI partition "/"

-        Install this Kexts using Kext Utility "AppleHDA  & CodecCommander.kext"

-        Install nVidia drivers (In my case no need)

-        Reboot without the USB and all should be working except for the wrong amount of RAM

-        Start Clover configurator and first go to "BOOT"  and uncheck “nv_disable=1” and “-v” next go to "SMBIOS" and manually add the memory setup of your RAM by adding each slot and memory HW spec.

-       

-        Reboot and now all should be working…

3. iMessage

4. Enable Confirm Delivery of Mail Sent in Mac Mail

defaults write com.apple.mail UserHeaders '{"Return-Receipt-To" = "for e-mail@xxx.com"; "Disposition-Notification-To" = "your e-mail@xxx.com"; }'

defaults read com.apple.mail UserHeaders

defaults delete com.apple.mail UserHeaders

5. TRIM enable

- Open the Terminal

- run ”sudo trimforce enable”

post-694598-0-24929700-1474831432_thumb.png

post-694598-0-70125300-1480626030_thumb.jpg

Noob here:

Will this still work for Mojave, so the same steps everywhere except Mojave instead of Sierra.

I'm on Bios 3.61, should I use 3.60 instead?

Can I use the same DSDT?

This is my system:

HP Z800  with BIOS version : 3.61

CPU: x2 6-core X5675 @ 3.06 GHz

RAM: 16 GB

GFX:  Palit Jetstream 670

SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 128GB (& 860 EVO 500GB for Windows 10 & 4 HDDs in Raid in the internal bays)

Monitor: Philips 2K (DP)

On 12/1/2018 at 8:47 PM, robertr said:

So I have my Z800 (mobo in a Fractal Design XL case) running pretty well except for built in sound.

I'm really no expert in these things as I don't fiddle with it much, I just use my computer.

I installed the "Audio AppleHDA+other 2 kext.zip" files in S/L/E of my boot drive but nothing happens (I have audio enabled in bios).

Do I need some Clover config or something in addition?

I'm not using DSDT.

Mojave 10.14.1 and Clover 4784

Z800 with 2x Xeon X5690 CPU's
96 GB RAM

Samsung SSD 950 PRO boot drive

Radeon RX 580

Firewire, USB, Ethernet, etc all working.

Can you share your efi folder?

On 12/9/2018 at 4:04 AM, ziykai said:

Can you share your efi folder?

Here it is..
I guess it's a bit messy after all experimentation and the Clover config is probably unnecessarily crowded but it's working.
I removed some stuff to get under the 10MB limit but all the files in the CLOVER folder are there.
Thanks for being interested in helping!

robertr-EFI.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 7:58 AM, kif.007 said:

Hi here are my files hoping that this can be useful.
Installation with Clover 4522.

10.14.zip

apfs.efi_10.14.zip

DSDT.aml

config.plist

https://www.dropbox.com/s/415vdq7i505opfw/EFI Z400 Mojave.zip?dl=0 folder EFI

Hello, First thank you for the files, i had given up trying to make my Z400 W3565 to a Hackintosh,

Is there a tutorial or a list of the things i must do , something you can suggest, i find so many things on tutorial and its quite hard to know which one will work,

Edit: i Tried TransMac, failed usb making, Tried "The forbiden word :)" on Mojave Virtualbox, made bootable Usb with clover and app store Mojave and Legacy boot mode, Sata set to ASCHI(if i remember correctly) and Raid, i boot in to usb and it just skips to windows, removed all drives, left only usb,It says no bootable drive, Changed the boot order to usb first, skips it. Help, i want it for developing Laravel and Native script applications 

Thank in Advance,

Edited by lililililililililiii

For the USB key uses Boot Buddy.app, once finished install clover option ESP. And change the folder create with that one. I am not tested with the latest version. I'm still in beta because I'm not acceleration graph with my nvidia card. attention to apfs-64.efi it may have changed.

EFI Mojave https://www.dropbox.com/s/it81bfylh3at149/EFI.zip?dl=0

Boot Buddy.app: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/59772/boot-buddy

1 hour ago, kif.007 said:

For the USB key uses Boot Buddy.app, once finished install clover option ESP. And change the folder create with that one. I am not tested with the latest version. I'm still in beta because I'm not acceleration graph with my nvidia card. attention to apfs-64.efi it may have changed.

Hello!

I tried installing via comand line, i think i am misunderstanding the procces a bit, i mounted the Efi, than installed it, not sure what i did, i will follow your advice, 

I nstalled via command line and it installed fine, i think i messed up the Clover install procces,

So the steps are,

Install mojave on USB via Boot Buddy or via comand line,

(i install first Clover Bootloader with Clover Configurator and then mount EFI so i can add the kext files from your EFI folder you gave to download?(thanks by the way))

Install Clover via Clover Configurator with ESP option and than add the Kext files at Other folder , and 10.14 folder of the USB EFI folder i guess (after i spend 30 min trying to find them, found them)

Boot to usb, and it should work,

Will give it a try,

Thanks Again

Edited by lililililililililiii

On 1/15/2019 at 11:37 AM, kif.007 said:

Update: Thanks, i managed to boot to usb, did the install via the Terminal/ComandLine and it finished, installed Clover on the ESP, Bootloader/Install boot0ss in MBR (read that on another forum), unchecked the Uefi boot,

Installed fine, than copy paste the whole folder, IT WORKED.

I think it was skiping boot from usb because i was pressing F9 all the time, If i press it once it boots from usb, I tried another usb with the latest Clover version it booded to the EFI bootloader but it show a stop icon instead of the apple logo, i guess its because it doesnt have the kext files,

Another question is why the Macos system install is in French, dont mind it i can change it later,

I stumbled on another problem which was that i had the MBR partition on SSD number 2, mean while the Windows System was in SSD number 1, I tried to "Erase" the SSD number 2 partition to Journaled OS but it wants a GUID one, i dont get that option when i am installing the MacOS(in french), Do i need to remove the partition and than try to make a single partition and than format it to Journaled and GUID, Can that be done from windows to format the rest of the partition of the SSD number 2 into a GUID one, Dont want to risk my data on the SSD number 1.

My Mojave is the latest one i got from App Store 1 week ago,

Thank you Again

For the installation of Mac OS in my config.plist option Boot is in FR, you can change to EN for English.

For SSD in MBR, you can delete the partition under windows.

• 2 weeks later...
I use VoodooHDA.kext, install with vietnam tools from Yosemite and everything works normally.

I like vanilla way better. Voodoohda is a hit or miss for me. I’m trying to do a fresh install on my z400 now with High Sierra. I’ll do the plunge to Mojave until the last version update is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Blaggah said:

I like vanilla way better. Voodoohda is a hit or miss for me. I’m trying to do a fresh install on my z400 now with High Sierra. I’ll do the plunge to Mojave until the last version update is out.

Hello!

I installed the Mojave System from Usb to SSD but now i cant boot into it, do i need to copy the EFI kext files from the usb to the new EFI? am i doing the install wrong , not sure why its not working, i allready have a boot on windows 10, is that affecting some how?

Any advice on how to do it,

PS: what is Voodoohda

Thanks in advance.

Hello!
I installed the Mojave System from Usb to SSD but now i cant boot into it, do i need to copy the EFI kext files from the usb to the new EFI? am i doing the install wrong , not sure why its not working, i allready have a boot on windows 10, is that affecting some how?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you need to copy of the efi from usb and replace with with efi from ssd. Voodoohda is another driver for getting audio to work even if your audio driver isn’t supported. I just don’t like using it. Just finished high Sierra on my z400, and I can’t get vanilla audio to work.

Hello!

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you need to copy of the efi from usb and replace with with efi from ssd. Voodoohda is another driver for getting audio to work even if your audio driver isn’t supported. I just don’t like using it. Just finished high Sierra on my z400, and I can’t get vanilla audio to work.

1 minute ago, Blaggah said:

Is there any way to do it from the bootscreen? how do i copy them, can i do it in windows?

1 minute ago, lililililililililiii said:

Is there any way to do it from the bootscreen? how do i copy them, can i do it in windows?

you could do it from within terminal but im not that advanced.. You have to boot off your usb in order to access the SSD partition and boot it up. Once you get on the desktop, you mount the usb efi partition and copy its contents to the desktop.. Then you mount the ssd efi partition and copy the contents from usb efi which you copied to desktop and paste into the ssd efi and replace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blaggah said:

you could do it from within terminal but im not that advanced.. You have to boot off your usb in order to access the SSD partition and boot it up. Once you get on the desktop, you mount the usb efi partition and copy its contents to the desktop.. Then you mount the ssd efi partition and copy the contents from usb efi which you copied to desktop and paste into the ssd efi and replace.

ok, that makes sense, Thanks a lot. i will try it in a bit. i guess i will have to install Clover to mount the EFI, hoping i can connect to internet :) , do the trick where i show the hidden files to i guess(not sure if i need this one)

I use terminal to mount the efi.  Open terminal, and type: sudo diskutil list

and then you press enter.. This will show you your system internal disks and any other storage device connected.  If you only have one drive, it's less confusing.  Then you type into terminal, sudo diskutil mount diskXX, the XX corresponds to your efi partion like disk0s1, disk1s1 and so on.. You follow?

2 minutes ago, Blaggah said:

I use terminal to mount the efi.  Open terminal, and type: sudo diskutil list

and then you press enter.. This will show you your system internal disks and any other storage device connected.  If you only have one drive, it's less confusing.  Then you type into terminal, sudo diskutil mount diskXX, the XX corresponds to your efi partion like disk0s1, disk1s1 and so on.. You follow?

Thats even better, will try that one, once mounted copy paste is left and than i can use the ssd for boot, hope no other problem arises, gona try xCode :)

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 9:02 PM, apav said:

I am wondering if anyone has an HP Z420 with Native sound working?

I have moved up from a z400 with native audio working with patched DSDT + Patched Apple HDA and Codeccommander. 

Since both the z400 and Z420 both use realtek ALC262, I used the same DSDT/HDEF patch on my patched Z420 DSDT + Clover Inject Layout 28 + AppleALC 1.2.3 without success. 

Audio is of course working with VoodooHDA but I can not get Native Audio working.

Everything else working great include native power + speed stepping, LAN, and USB2 ports(not 3).

Current config: HP Z420, QuadCore Xeon E5-1620, Nvidia Quadro K2000, 48gb Ram, 256 Samsung SSD, Clover Bootloader.

Did you ever sort your sound issue with applealc on the z420? I have a z400 and i too am looking for audio solution. I've tried everything but nothing works.