Pattern of MLB (Main Logic Board)

holyfield

573 posts in this topic

I did the same. But after that i changed the iCloud account. I got the support code. Recalled them and it works again. I think they just generate a token, so never logout ;)

I believe as long as MLB/ROM/uuid value remains same, you should be able to log out or log back in.

Please Help.

1. Do i need an original S/N for iMessage to work?

2. if not please help in creating the valid S/N for my desktop. i once called apple to give them a customer code during November 2015 and the assistant said that my serial no. is not valid, please confirm it. Then i wondered if you guys are using real S/N.

3. It wont be fruitful for me to focus on MLB and ROM while the main problem is with authentic S/N.

Please read the topic before asking questions that were answered 100 times.

1. Hackintosh communities advise against using cloned numbers.

2. You can't make SN that it's on Apple White List, you can create one that follows the same logic. You can use Clover Configurator or Chameleon Wiizzard to create one.

When calling Apple avoid telling your SN say that you away and talk IMessage and Face Time. We don't use real SN some of us use real MLB and ROM combination. But generated also works as for now.

3. Read this thread first.

For the S / N (SMBIOS) I used clover configurator, but chameleon wizard also does very well.
For the ROM I use mac address of my Gigabyte and for MLB, the script MLBGenV3.
Then I use the two-step activation of Appel and that I have not had any client code but iMessage and FaceTime activated

Anybody help with 17 characters MLB, for Mac BookPro 9,2.

I have done 13 characters MLB, for Mac Pro 3,1. Which works 100%.

The pattern of the MLB is this:

PP G Y WW TTT XX EEEE XX

Where:

PP : Production Plant

G: Generation, usually has the value 2

Y: Year of manufacturing

WW: Week of manufacturing

TTT: Board type

XX: Currently unknown?

EEEE: The EEE ID of the board

XX: Currently unknown?

Hello Friends

What is here now? nothing goes on in research?

I think, even if it remains the 14/12 2014 now again possible without using large manipulation of MLB and ROM iMessage, one should investigate further to be

taken against any nasty surprises in the near term. Work is continuing on the MLB-ROM generator?

Thanks for hints how it goes.

Hello Friends

What is here now? nothing goes on in research?
I think, even if it remains the 14/12 2014 now again possible without using large manipulation of MLB and ROM iMessage, one should investigate further to be
taken against any nasty surprises in the near term. Work is continuing on the MLB-ROM generator?

Thanks for hints how it goes.

My imessage/facetime just spontaneously started working again today. I deleted of all of my settings > internet accounts (including the ones from icloud) and then recreated them and logged back in. I just noticed an email saying I had signed in to imessage/facetime on my mac. I updated my SMBIOS a few months ago to the format described in this thread but I hadn't yet called apple to unlock my appleid so it wasn't working. Not sure if this will help anyone.

It seems that only one iMessage-Token per device or disk user is possible. Apple is building it's 2 Factors Authentification automaticly in every iPhone or Mac with a Number you will normaly not see. It is written down in the keys. If you can throw it out, you can fix another iMessages account for your device, if not, you have to wait 'till it's gone..

• Like 1

I wanted to thank you all. I finally got Messages working on my old hack.

My system: GA-P55A-UD3 - i7-860 - GTX 260 896MB

I used Chameleon Wizard to generate a 11 digit serial - took a while. Then read jaymonkey's post:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303073-pattern-of-mlb-main-logic-board/page-25?do=findComment&comment=2111993

Used MLBGen to get MAC which I put in ROM.

@VirusX, Post #519 : You will get only one token per User & disc, not per device. I have two Yosemite start-discs at this Hackintosh with running iMessage and activated token, but I can't use the iMessage-activated  disc from another Mac

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the whole step from scratch.

Made new SMBios 10,1
New Serial, SMUUID, MLB, ROM.
According to this (Image below), its hardware issue n my Apple ID is fine.
My value r not changing at all.
N I've Reinstalled OS X, but restore USERS from Backup(Coz of my project).
Even My Serial is registered to Apple.
Also I've tried in guest n it logged in but then Inactive :(

post-941217-0-86717200-1426516518_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

After a lot of thinking and failed attempts i finally got Clover (v2.3k_r3193) up on a Test HD and discovered something that may Help those who are digging deep into MLB.I'm on my X58 system (see Sig) running 10.9.5.Only FakeSMC.kext and RealtekRTL81xx.kext in my 10.9 kext folder.I'm using MacPro5,1 because this is what closely mirrors my Hardware.My Serial Number (system) is 11 Digits and my MLB is 13.

I decided to change just a few (2) characters in my MLB and leave everything else as is in my config.plist.

Changes made to MLB 

XXX49XXXXXXXX

XXX28XXXXXXXX

Upon rebooting the following occurred...

Prior to the change my Video Card was seen as ATI Radeon HD 4870 1024 MB and Memory Slot Utility came up saying that ''The memory modules in this system are not arranged in the recommended configuration to provide optimal memory bandwidth''.System Profiler/Memory Tab Showed i had 6 slots which my board has and i know are installed correctly so i did not pay much attention but then......

After the change my Video Card was seen as ATI Radeon HD 4800 1024 MB and i got a message from Memory Slot Utility saying that ''The Memory Modules are installed in the recommended slot''.System Profiler/Memory tab Showed i had 4 slots.....

I don't know if this info might shed any light on just how the MLB value can change things or if it has been noticed already but i thought i'd share my experience.........Bless 

• Like 1

@Dajjal: Some ATI-Cards and the Gigabyte-Boards are not real good friends: an Apple(!) ATI 5770 just took 2GB from my Memory Modules shown at the GA-EX58-UD5 every time, so I 've sold it..

And the good old X58ers are no more supported in Clover since versions 2998 < . Some versions are showing complete nonsense, some will only show no Fusion-Drives any more. Take an older Version. iMessage & FaceTime will run there, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys i need some help,I'm trying to get this right for my Bro's Z77X-UD5H/3770k.I have the smbios set to iMac 13.2 because it's what matches my Hardware so will the board Type will be 602 ? and the EEE will be F64W?

Guys i need some help,I'm trying to get this right for my Bro's Z77X-UD5H/3770k.I have the smbios set to iMac 13.2 because it's what matches my Hardware so will the board Type will be 602 ? and the EEE will be F64W?

@Dajjal,

I have exact same hardware (GA-Z77X-UD5H & i7 3770K @4.3Ghz) 16GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 660 OC.

I'm also using iMac 13,2 for SMBIOS and everything works perfect, you should have no issues activating iMessage with that configuration

I'm using self generated MLB based on OSX S/N + Extra digits as detailed in iMessage Guide.

Cheers

Jay

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, i've built a perfect machine with Clover, but my only problem is serial number, i've correct MLB and ROM, butmy serial number seems to give me some problem, on iMessageDebug Always serial failed....now i've some questions about this...do i need to have wifi built in and en0?my en0 is on ethernet, and with DCPI Manager i see that i don't have wifi built in.....can i solve this problem in any way or it's too hard?

Sorry for my English :)

P.S. i had to change my wifi card in past built, because of compatibility problems

I'm on clover and every time I reboot it generates a new mlb and rom value shown in imessage debug tool v2. 

Any clue why this is happening?

I have my mac address, all caps, no spaces or  colons, in the RT variables ROM section

and a (supposedly) correctly formatted 17 digit MLB in the rt variables MLB section

1. Clover 'generate', which pulls the current values from the nvram that clover is generating, shows that my ROM is the last 12 of my smUUID. 

MLBGEN17v3 also shows that this is my rom value. 

It's not taking the rom value from RT variables and sticking. 

2. Also, imessage debug tool v2 is showing that my rom value is different from those two, and the imessage tool changes every reboot (the other two do not)

3. Lastly, imessage debug and clover generator are showing the same value in my nvram for MLB, but it changes on every reboot and adds an equals sign "=" to the end C02xxxxxxxxxxx7MO=