Pattern of MLB (Main Logic Board)

holyfield

573 posts in this topic

@jaymonkey - I don't mean to butt in :) but .... I was wondering if you could confirm something. When I go to set MLB (13 chars) and ROM (11 chars) in Rt Variable and click calculate I see:

- the last line (MLB) is not filled.

- the ROM value is not set to the value I gave in the top box.

By the way thats a nice guide on the other site...

@takeawaydave,

AFAIK Clover Configurator (CC) does not use any of the values you enter in the fields MLB & ROM (RT Variables page  )when you use it's generator.

If you do use CC's generator it will try to extract various values from your motherboard such as System-ID, MAC address .... and then calculate a whole set of new ID's for your hack, it modifies the System-ID's last 6 bytes with the MAC address and uses it as the SmUUID from which it then calculates a MLB ... I never use it as it gives un-predictable results. I just set the SMBIOS details to what I want using the magic wand & S/N generator, and then manually set MLB & ROM on the RT Variables page ... obviously don't click on the generate/calculate button.

Cheers

Jay

I forged my Clover RT variables to be the 13-digit MLB of a dead iMac Core Duo and used the MAC address printed on the bottom as the ROM value — that Mac was not able to use a 64bit OS so I don't believe it ever interacted with iChat/iMessage services other than using XMPP elsewhere. It certainly never got upgraded to Lion.

I got a customer code, called Apple with it, and was able to register on Facetime and iMessage succesfully with my iCloud ID — will see if it sticks.

Used the generator (to generate 13 MLB ) and put MAC address as ROM and used jaymonkey guide to get system ID then all was successful got customer code called Apple no Q's asked (just my email for verification purpose not even asked about S/N)just gave her the code and she said try to login now and iMessage and facetime working Now icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

anyone else experiencing a weird issue where everything appears normal (no errors, customer code etc) but messages just dont send/receive? Ive been using the 13 MLB for over a month now, no problems. I originally had to call, got white listed. everything worked fine. until recently I just noticed my messages stopped working. I just get "not delivered." I am signed in to imessage no problem. Ive even signed in and out many times without any issue. MLB/ROM are the same. 

I thought its odd because usually i just get the error occured during activation or customer code error if it breaks but this time nothing. is it possible I was blacklisted? I also cant tell if its related to 10.10.2 or not

anyone else experiencing a weird issue where everything appears normal (no errors, customer code etc) but messages just dont send/receive? Ive been using the 13 MLB for over a month now, no problems. I originally had to call, got white listed. everything worked fine. until recently I just noticed my messages stopped working. I just get "not delivered." I am signed in to imessage no problem. Ive even signed in and out many times without any issue. MLB/ROM are the same. 

I thought its odd because usually i just get the error occured during activation or customer code error if it breaks but this time nothing. is it possible I was blacklisted? I also cant tell if its related to 10.10.2 or not

Yep, my hack did the same thing last week when I logged in after a reinstall but could only send messages to myself. Then it suddenly started working a few days after, but broke again today. It's feels so random…

And you got this problems using self generated MLB+ROM values or have cloned an unused Mac as your MLB+ROM source ? Haven`t attempted yet to clone my unused Black Macbook 2,1 which could`nt have access to iMessage so not whitelisted yet. Still wondering if there is some benefits using cloned values from unused Mac vs self generated 13 char. MLB + ROM.

And you got this problems using self generated MLB+ROM values or have cloned an unused Mac as your MLB+ROM source ? Haven`t attempted yet to clone my unused Black Macbook 2,1 which could`nt have access to iMessage so not whitelisted yet. Still wondering if there is some benefits using cloned values from unused Mac vs self generated 13 char. MLB + ROM.

I was using self generated

Guys, just want to report that i finally was able to activate iMessage by using the MLB generator mentioned before, and my ethernet adress! I followed the recommended steps, called apple, and it worked! First time since november!

Also, i´m using a generated serial number (its not of any real mac)...this is so awesome...thanks to the community!!! 

Ok - got "disconnected" from iMessage this morning although it still shows as logged in. Used real values from a non internet connected mac mini media centre and it had been working flawlessly for ages until today.

Did you also clone SMUID and UUID? 

I think that along with a unique combination of MLB/ROM, your UUID is also registered along with it.  I noticed that after logged out of imessage for a few days, you can change the UUID and log in successfully.  Seems like Apple keeps track of your UUID for a few days.

If you try to log in w/ the same MLB/ROM but with a different UUID, you either get denied, or your message don't go anywhere.

Furthermore, in theory, couldn't you fully clone your mac, SMUID, UUID, SERIAL, ROM/MLB etc and it should work concurrently without being banned?  Apple wouldn't be able to tell if it's a real machine or not.  Has anyone tried this?

I simply used the MLB/ROM values and created a new UUID incorporating the ROM values, all had been well for months until the inability to send messages occurred yesterday morning. 

I'll try to log back in after three days and see if it has resolved.

Was using a 13 character MLB with a newer iMac 14.1 system definition 

Hi everyone,

As I said here, I got the defective logic board, so I already have a genuine iMac 12,1 MLB.

But the working one whose Ethernet address I was going to generate the ROM from turned out to be 27" iMac from 2012...

So if anyone owning a real, working mid 2011 21,5" iMac could help me by running the command highlighted in blue on it and pasting the value highlighted in red here, I would really appreciate it!

encmd.png

Regards,

Mark

Here is a generated ROM and MLB if you guys wanna try it and see that this is only thing you need to get iMessage and Facetime working. You can use any SN you want.

ROM:7c6df83d7f38

MLB:C02436602U5FW29A8

working on my hack...now i can log in iMessage and FaceTime but i'm unable to send message or to start a call...how can i fix it?