Pattern of MLB (Main Logic Board)

holyfield

573 posts in this topic

I generated serial,mlb 13char,smuuid and use MAC as ROM

called Apple and I can login imessage but I am all the time offline.

I can send message to myself but only when my email is written as recipient

I can call myself(laptop -iphone) using facetime wheter I am on wifi or LTE but when I am trying to answer call, it disconnect on Iphone.

BTW MAC address in ROM shoud be with : or not? aa:bb:cc or aabbcc

EDIT: I took a look at my bootlog.txt and I found info 5:080  0:000  ** Warning: Your MLB is not suitable for iMessage(must be 17 chars long) !

My laptop is xps 9530 haswell with yosemite 10.10.2

@Vorshim92,

Looking at iMac mainboards listed on eBay, most are manufactured in China so PP=W8 or J5.  For the 24 inch IMac 9,1 Early 2009, here are some real world examples (look carefully at the mainboard photos :)):

24 Inch A1225 3.06GHz: PP=W8 CCCC=7Y5A

24 Inch A1225 2.93GHz: PP=J5 CCCC=7Y7A

For ROM, you can use your hack's ethernet MAC address but replacing the first 6 characters with an Apple prefix.

In terms of Clover's config.plist, at a minimum, just replace the MLB & ROM values in RtVariables with the ones we have just generated.  If you want to be more complete in matching the iMac's IDs, you can also safely change system serial, board-id and SmUUID in SMBIOS/config.plist to the real Mac's value (these are OPTIONAL).

Note - changing the ProductName/Mac Model to a different SMBIOS (eg to the same as the original Mac) may affect power management/sleep and other functions on the hack.  In a worst case scenario, it may prevent the hack from booting if the hardware is too different from the original Mac.

of course for the SMBIOS... in fact I will use iMac 13,1 i think... it's possibile to set smbios 13,1 and use the serialnumber of the 9,1 iMac original?

another question: there is any part of the code of S/N similar or identical with the MLB? 

example: if the S/N is    VM934     maybe for the MLB it's the same? PP=VM and Year=2009, Week=34 ?

I generated serial,mlb 13char,smuuid and use MAC as ROM

called Apple and I can login imessage but I am all the time offline.

I can send message to myself but only when my email is written as recipient

I can call myself(laptop -iphone) using facetime wheter I am on wifi or LTE but when I am trying to answer call, it disconnect on Iphone.

BTW MAC address in ROM shoud be with : or not? aa:bb:cc or aabbcc

EDIT: I took a look at my bootlog.txt and I found info 5:080  0:000  ** Warning: Your MLB is not suitable for iMessage(must be 17 chars long) !

My laptop is xps 9530 haswell with yosemite 10.10.2

Thats an interesting development (the error in boot log) and would suggest that Apple have implemented some sort of validation check between the system type defined in the SMBIOS and the MLB type (13 or 17 digit). What System Type identifier are you using ? (eg iMac 14,2) ? do you have 11 or 12 digit S/N ?

Cheers

Jay

** Warning: Your MLB is not suitable for iMessage(must be 17 chars long) 

the line you look at , i am seeing it since i used my 13 char mlb from my MBP(mid 2009) on my MacPro3,1(hack) 11 digits SN 

that message from clover log is also there  since the very 1st days  nothing which happened recently i assume

( more like clover looks for a 17 char  input finds only 13 and outputs an Warning ? )

• Like 2

Thats an interesting development (the error in boot log) and would suggest that Apple have implemented some sort of validation check between the system type defined in the SMBIOS and the MLB type (13 or 17 digit). What System Type identifier are you using ? (eg iMac 14,2) ? do you have 11 or 12 digit S/N ?

Cheers

Jay

I have 12 digit SN. I use MacBookPro11.2

ok guys!

I used the SN of my iMac 24inch early 2009 on my hackintosh, i use a MLB based on this information (see post on page 24)

for the ROM same thing... half apple-mac address and half mine... i used a smBIOS of 13,1 (best for my hackintosh  configuration) but i use the S/N of my iMac broken.

i used Clover Configurator and now it's work, imessage and all (i had to call apple care to unlock with the code imessage :) )

• Like 1

Does this mean Apple is taking additional steps to validity of MLB? I don't recall seeing that message ever before.

again no its a clover debug Messsage which looks for a 17 char  MLB and outputs a warning if only finds one with 13 chars 

-> 

+ if (RtMLBLen != 17) {
+ DBG ("** Warning: MLB len = %d, why not 17?\n", RtMLBLen);
+ }

hi, i read this topic and just wanted to say that i was getting "imessage activation error" (note that i have my CC info on appleid else it doesnt work as far as i know and tested) , used the tool from post             #464             and replaced in clover config.plist

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
<key>ROM</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXXXXX</string>

my 17 CHAR MLB with the one from this script and replaced my ROM number with my real (not real from real mac, from my hack) MAC address with small letters (before it was another number), now i can log in on imessage and it seems to work, my account is enabled but i dont have anyone to test it, sending msgs to myself works thu :) and i can sign in icloud (so far i test it on my desktop hack iMac14,2) 

Apple lowered security, I deleted cloned MLB and ROM in RT Variables field and left them empty. I use generated SN, SmUUID and Board Serial Number is SN plus random 6 numbers.

It lets you log in in iMessage and FaceTime and they work correctly now.

Thanks Apple :)

Also handoff working again properly with my iPhone 6. good stuff.

• Like 1

Apple lowered security, I deleted cloned MLB and ROM in RT Variables field and left them empty. I use generated SN, SmUUID and Board Serial Number is SN plus random 6 numbers.

It lets you log in in iMessage and FaceTime and they work correctly now.

Thanks Apple :)

Also handoff working again properly with my iPhone 6. good stuff.

just to add my findings.... i had a working set up iMessage FaceTime iCloud etc...stopped working after a few months for unknown reasons after i upgraded to Yosemite (same serial smbios etc... ). Yesterday when i read the news about 2 step auth on iMessage and FaceTime...i immediately thinked it might fix my imeesage/facetime logging problems...it did not...probably the back bone was not set up in my country...but as of this morning FEB 15th i can logging using 2step auth and all is well in the iCloud world of my mackintosh....seems there hardware check is lowered and they now rely on 2 step for added security instead of hardware check....thank you Apple

strangely iMessage and FaceTime is handed operation todays, I did not call Apple, it seems that Apple has removed the block

It lets you log in in iMessage and FaceTime and they work correctly now. ... Also handoff working again properly with my iPhone 6. good stuff.

As of this morning FEB 15th i can logging using 2step auth and all is well in the iCloud world of my mackintosh....seems there hardware check is lowered and they now rely on 2 step for added security instead of hardware check....thank you Apple

@All,

It does indeed look like Apple have relaxed MLB validation checking ... this seems to co-inside with two factor authentication being introduced for iMessage.

As reported in quite a few posts on my iMessage guide thread, it would seem that for many who have not touched iMessage since Late Nov 2014 it would seem that iMessage is working again. There are even posts indicating that MLB & ROM do not even have to be white-listed via customer code/calling Apple - i have not had chnace to confirm all of these reports yet and it seems hard to believe given the umerus attempts by Apple to block access to iMessage to hackingtosh users.

I can confirm that four of my os x systems which iMessage stopped working on after the November 2014 MLB validation changes have started working again, with out any intervention other than having to log-in again. ... all four of these systems have the MLB generated from the OSX S/N with additional digits added to make up to 17 characters and a MAC address as the ROM value, basically it seems we've gone back to being able activate iMessage the way we did a year ago ....  which is Amazing !! 

There are posts indicating that it is no longer necessary to even have to white-list your MLB & ROM values, I have not been able to confirm all of these findings and it is unknown if this relaxation of iMessage validation is just a 'blip' in the iMessage system while 2FA rolls out or if it represents a change in Apples iMessage policy which my suggest that they are opening up iMessage to other devices/platforms ?

Any thoughts, findings or feedback would be useful as to confirming just what is going on, but it's looking good at the moment.

Cheers

Jay

i tested today the same method (            #494            ) on my laptop (Macbook 8,1), it signs into imessage  alright but i have problem sending msgs , it says "Not Delivered" and i can't find whats going on, i tested another serial etc... but nothing works (facetime seems to work) 

edit : i deleted keychain imessage,facetime keys and others with letters "ids" in them , deleted com.apple.imagent.plist and some others files related to imessage from ~/Library/Preferences

and after a lot of tries and reboots now imessage is working on my laptop too, anyway  this imsg thing is a little mess right now... 

"it doesnt work again" 

not delivered error but it actually delivering happening on real macs too, that has nothing to do with validation

There are posts indicating that it is no longer necessary to even have to white-list your MLB & ROM values, I have not been able to confirm all of these findings and it is unknown if this relaxation of iMessage validation is just a 'blip' in the iMessage system while 2FA rolls out or if it represents a change in Apples iMessage policy which my suggest that they are opening up iMessage to other devices/platforms ?

You never white listed anything, they validated generated numbers for one session when people call them.

Now it's enough to have MLB as SN plus some random numbers and ROM as ethernet address. For how long they relax the security we shall wait and see.

not delivered error but it actually delivering happening on real macs too, that has nothing to do with validation

You never white listed anything, they validated generated numbers for one session when people call them.

Now it's enough to have MLB as SN plus some random numbers and ROM as ethernet address. For how long they relax the security we shall wait and see.

Which serial board or other serial?

Edit :

I just opened a old dead macbook.  The board serial is 11 digits which I didn't expect to see.  Board serial and actual serial number match for the first 6 characters then is different for the last 5 characters.  Both board serial and serial number are 11 digits.  

Can I use the dead MacBook's 11 digit board serial as the MLB and the ethernet mac address as the ROM.  Without generating anything else.

Unfortunately I'm still having some issues. After enabling two step and re-doing my clover config with an ROM as EN0, and an MLB I'm able to do the initial signing and the app loads but iMessage still isn't logged in. I tried logging in again from preferences and get "an error occurred during activation please try again".

Edit:

I went back to an old config and took all the info from there. (there's not smuuid or mlb or rom at all, just a sn and model info) and now I get "your apple id can't be used with iMessages at this time".

It's listed as Error 31, which I guess is still an issue with the ROM and MLB validation.

Maybe final edit:

Building off of todesto's idea I got the MLB and ROM from my old Macbook Pro 1,1. Still getting error 31 with the customer code.

I guess I should call them?

After reading many users are able to use messages again, I decided to give it a try.

Ever since my hack stopped working as well as my MBP which was a donor of MLB/ROM value, I removed the real mac value from my hack to get my MBP working (which it did).

Then I used MLB from my dead G5 (Yes G5 and it had 13 digit on the sticker), and used ethernet address of that G5 as my ROM and used clover generated serial and left smUUID field blank as well as customUUID, unchecked inject systemID and I was able to get contact customer support with error code. but I held off until yesterday.

I notice I was getting same error code all the time whenever I attempted to log in, so I felt my system value is consistent.  I called Apple, used my MBP serial number to reach a real person, he verified my identity using security questions, gave him my code, he enters it, told me that it's activated, then I was able to log in right away.  I didn't need to reboot.

I guess I was successful white listing my good old G5 MLB/ROM combo.  :lol:

After reading many users are able to use messages again, I decided to give it a try.

Ever since my hack stopped working as well as my MBP which was a donor of MLB/ROM value, I removed the real mac value from my hack to get my MBP working (which it did).

Then I used MLB from my dead G5 (Yes G5 and it had 13 digit on the sticker), and used ethernet address of that G5 as my ROM and used clover generated serial and left smUUID field blank as well as customUUID, unchecked inject systemID and I was able to get contact customer support with error code. but I held off until yesterday.

I notice I was getting same error code all the time whenever I attempted to log in, so I felt my system value is consistent.  I called Apple, used my MBP serial number to reach a real person, he verified my identity using security questions, gave him my code, he enters it, told me that it's activated, then I was able to log in right away.  I didn't need to reboot.

I guess I was successful white listing my good old G5 MLB/ROM combo.  :lol:

I did the same. But after that i changed the iCloud account. I got the support code. Recalled them and it works again. I think they just generate a token, so never logout ;)

post-610344-0-12034900-1424113549_thumb.png

Ok so here is what I got in Clover Configurator. Generated SN and Board Serial Number is SN plus some six digit random value.

I also have some generated SmUUID but not sure if that's necessary. Under RT Variables everything left empty!

I'm able to log in and log out oanytime no problem, I used that very numbers when calling Apple while ago but later I had to use cloned numbers.

2015-02-16 19:12:43.249 imessage_debug[733:474879] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM: <1c6f6585 50b1>
2015-02-16 19:12:43.250 imessage_debug[733:474879] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB: CK******XYL57H543

If you got it working, don't forget to go to Settings - Messages on your iPhone and enable text forwarding. 

Fingers crossed they will keep it that way.