[USB Wifi] Updated Ralink/Mediatek RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572

rodrigocunha
460 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to get the ethernet to work on my Yosemite Hackintosh but i have tried almost everything and still it refuses to work. My onboard LAN card is not working so I have a PCI lan card from D LINK which the Hackintosh refuses to detect but it works flawlessly in Windows. So I had to opt for a USB wifi Dongle. I tried to get the TP Link or the D-link ones but the hardware versions of either of them which were available were old ones for which the Manufacturer websites don't have drivers for so I avoided those and found a dongle from Tenda (Model W311MI) which has a Ralink RT5370 Chipset https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Tenda_W311MI. I have tried using the drivers on the Tenda website and as usual it doesn't work. So I tired using all the ways on this Forum post and I was only able to get it to detect in my system prefs and also somewhat in the DWA 140 preference panel. But it always shows "No Device Connected' Can somebody please help me out with this. I have everything working surprisingly smooth on my AMD Hackintosh with everything else working except the internet. I tired following the process in the first post only by which I was able to get the DWA 140 Preference pane running. I have installed the KEXT using Kext wizard, kext utility and also manually rebuilding the cache and permissions but still no detection. I cant even get it to detect the dongle in the Network Preferences. Please guide me  :(

post-297157-0-05621900-1456041533_thumb.jpg

It should work if you follow this tutorial:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299948-usb-wifi-updated-ralinkmediatek-rt2870-rt2770-rt3x7x-rt537x-rt5572/?do=findComment&comment=2064234

Verify if your kext is version 5.0.1.22 in S/L/E !

And the Dlink prefpane 2.6.4 is optionnal but recommended !

You find everything in the folder attached !

Good luck

attachicon.gifFolder for v5.0.1.22.zip

This was my last try to install the USB dongle and it worked. It worked flawlessly. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup_anim:

It was that I need the Driver version 5.0.1.22. and NOT 5.0.0.27 and also the D Link wireless Utility from the Quoted post attachment.

How can I fix the panic kernel?

Seems to me that there is a conflict with USB.kexts

So I suggest you to put out any USB divice and try again and after boot insert only the mouse and keyboard and rebuild kext and probably kernelcache and reboot then with USB essentiels.

I read on other topics that on some configs USB is really tricky and give sometime bad headache ! 

since OSX 10.11 ..........

Without the wifi usb dongle it works normal, but when I connect it, it does not work.

So how can  I fix it?

It looks not compatible for you I think ?

You can bying this PCIe WIFI 

For me thats working Out of the Box Yosemite and El Capitan

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900

Here

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704133

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I have an External Wi-Fi USB MTK7501 and my OS is El Capitan 10.11.5. I didn't manage to use Wi-Fi and to condivide this device to my MBP. I tried to install Every package I found.. But they add some apps (mediatek, ralink wifi manager, etc) but they never work! I click on them and they don't launch.

I'm very worried... Will I ever use the wifi connection?

• 4 weeks later...

I slipped the newer Yosemite driver into an older D-link DWA-130 driver package, this got things working smoothly for me. Wifi turns on at login and resumes after sleep.

This worked for me to get it recognized and light comes on onmy Wi-Pi from Element14 which windows indicates is using Ralink drivers.  Problem is it disconnects maybe 10 seconds after connecting.  I can pull up 1 page, then it will disconnect again. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Hi :-) TP-Link TL-WN727N v1 (Ralink RT-3070)، Sierra (OS X 10.12), Wi-Fi (kext and preference pane) is working, but after every boot it require opening preference pane and reactivating added SSID from drawer to connect it, any working auto connect solution for Sierra?

* Anyone can help with editing MiniTaskUSB-DWA140.app to add default SSID.

YES, if you would be kind and share ALL the details as many of us here can't get it working.

Thanks, IAN. :)

Sure :-) I have TP-Link TL-WN727N v1, here are my steps to automate Wi-Fi connectivity

1. Files I used:

2. Installed BearExtender-5.4

3. Installed RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext (I use Kext Utility to install kexts) extracted from RTUSB_D2870-4.2.9.2_UI-4.0.9.6_2013_11_29.dmg

3. Copied RalinkAirport.app & Exhaust.app to \Applications

4. Rebooted

5. Added my preferred SSID to WirelessUtility.app and activated it

6. Removed WirelessUtility from Settings>Users & Groups>Login Items and added RalinkAirport.app

7. Added WirelessUtility.app to Exhaust and set it to 'Quit after 15 seconds'

Thats it!

qrnq6u.png

k50uu.png

2rz2tll.png

• Like 3

Very well !

It works for my cheap WIFI USB pen based on RT2870 chipset.

DWA-140 Prefpanel works !

Here is the DWA-140 miniTask bar App with signal icon changed for a better Look ....

Remember :

Prefpane --> /System/Library/PreferencePanes/

DWA-140 App --> /Applications

MiniTaskUSB-DWA140.zip

See Ya

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm a novice here, I've found this forum, looking a solution for starting a WiFi dongle.

What I have:

- a chinese WiFi dongle from Ebay, its visible in the system  as "802.11n WLAN PID=0x5370, VID=0x148f".

- OSX 10.11.5 El Capitan.

- mac mini (it has a poor WiFi, and I want to use external one)

What I did:

- first I tried to download drivers from http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads1/downloads/but it looks like, there are only for old OS. Result: WiFi not working. 

- tried to install BearExtender-Turbo-b6 and BearExtender-5.4. Result: the same

- installed RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext using kext install utility. Result: the same. I checked this kext, is has proper IDs inside.

- I've found that the latest OSX cannot start unsigned kexts, than I've found a SIPUtility 1.0.1 and tried to activate the CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXT flag. Result: I getting a error, it looks like this operation is not permitted on last OSX.

So, the question is, is there a way to start RT5370 dongle on 10.11.5?

I know, is was working nice on older OS versions, but it looks like, there are some problems with the latest.

Thanks.

I rarely comment on forums, but this one has been so useful that I want to help out anyone else with my external Wifi dongle- the Belkin F6D4050 v2 (product id=0x935b, vendor id=0x050d). I'm using Yosemite 10.10.1.

1. Get your pid and vid from system information, and make sure it is the same

2. Download the modified "RT2870USBWirelessDrivers" from this post and drag the contents of the "Mavericks" folder to desktop (still works with Yosemite)

3. Right click and click "show package contents"

4. Open contents/macos/info.plist

5. Search for "belkin"

6. Where it says "Belkin - F5D 8053", modify the id product and idvendor integers to match those stated above

7. Save and kext wizard it/whatever kext tool you use

8. Download Bearextender from here (don't bother with preference panes, it doesn't work)

9. Plug in your belkin after boot and voila!

This post has been most useful; amazingly it still works 7 years later with an updated driver file. Hopefully you can use the cheap dongle bundled with your even cheaper Belkin router with OS X and avoid buying a new wifi card.

• 1 month later...

Hi to all, i installed mac os sierra some time ago and apart that i have a big problem with the r9 290x, i can't make my dlink dwa 140 rev d2 work with it, so the fact is that i'm little desperate cuze i need internet on sierra, if someone could help it would be really helpful!!! Thanks for the attention!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

To get the TP-LINK Archer T2U V1 (AC600) working in el capitan i had to download the driver from  

http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-T2U.html#Driver

After installing and reboot it would install the kext 

65    0 0xffffff7f81187000 0x110000   0x110000   com.Ralink.driver.RT2870USBWirelessDriver (5.0.1) 913C8FA7-124F-37D3-AB71-E0B8DD8E4A5F <51 41 5 4 3 1>

but for some reason the wireless app would scan and find but not not connect to the AP.  

To remedy this i had to edit 

/Applications/Mediatek\ Wireless\ Utility/WirelessUtility.app/Contents/Resources/settings.plist

to turn of edcca.  After this it connected without trouble ....   

Adding the wireless app to the login items ensures this connects on boot ... 

Not tried this with Sierra yet so dunno how it performs there .. 

post-352784-0-58637500-1475752337_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

This is mine

post-1646976-0-84840100-1478957098_thumb.png

Sure :-) I have TP-Link TL-WN727N v1, here are my steps to automate Wi-Fi connectivity

1. Files I used:

2. Installed BearExtender-5.4
3. Installed RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext (I use Kext Utility to install kexts) extracted from RTUSB_D2870-4.2.9.2_UI-4.0.9.6_2013_11_29.dmg
3. Copied RalinkAirport.app & Exhaust.app to \Applications
4. Rebooted
5. Added my preferred SSID to WirelessUtility.app and activated it
6. Removed WirelessUtility from Settings>Users & Groups>Login Items and added RalinkAirport.app
7. Added WirelessUtility.app to Exhaust and set it to 'Quit after 15 seconds'

Thats it!

qrnq6u.png

k50uu.png

2rz2tll.png

Hi, this forum has helped me a lot....

But the easiest way to get a Realtek (and maybe a Ralink) WiFi card to work in El Capitan, or Sierra, is to download these drivers....

Some of them are good for 10.11 and some for 10.12

http://www.szedup.com/products/home-network/wi-fi-adapter/

http://www.szedup.com/support/driver-download/

I hope this helps, IAN

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear MNSiw! How  do  you  extracted kext from  this  dmg?