[USB Wifi] Updated Ralink/Mediatek RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572

rodrigocunha
460 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, majoract100 said:

Great Work Chris it Works in Mojave.

Thanks and Great Work :moil:

I actually have a Ralink RT2770 but I saw it is supported too

I managed to disable SIP through clover configurator, however, once installed with your instructions, the option "Turn wifi on" does not show up.

What could be happening?

19 hours ago, majoract100 said:

Great Work Chris it Works in Mojave.

Thanks and Great Work :moil:

Thank you mojoract100:wink_anim:

I have also Lion and Snow Leopard on my spare Dell Optiplex 790

Testing on Lion works well :D

1.png.ee598f4a8db2478c20c70aa06a31a721.png

1165035940_Sanstitre.thumb.png.4a8b21e66303605b62f4c68d1d998062.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 2:30 AM, chris1111 said:

Thank you mojoract100:wink_anim:

I have also Lion and Snow Leopard on my spare Dell Optiplex 790

Testing on Lion works well :D

1.png.ee598f4a8db2478c20c70aa06a31a721.png

1165035940_Sanstitre.thumb.png.4a8b21e66303605b62f4c68d1d998062.png

Like Universal Wifi Installer. Brilliant Work :police:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 5:40 PM, zdhnao said:

Sometimes, i usually turn off the radio through the WiFi utility and start it again which resolves it and it connects again. Because once it disconnects it doesn’t wanna connect to anything again.

The same is happening to me. After a restart I have to remove the USB Device and then connect back again in order to get connected. Otherwise, I can see every wifi available but it never connects. 
Did you manage to solve this?

On 5/8/2018 at 5:13 PM, chris1111 said:

What is the Drivers? we have a lot Mediatek :angel_not:

I do not understand also why use kext Utility + repaired permissions and rebuilt cache in kext utility

your not have a config ( SPECS)  notice in signature

chris11111, I am here to both congratulate you and ask you a question. I am using a Ralink 5370 and your TP-Link is working wonders. But I have the following problem: When I boot (or restart) the WiFi utility opens itself up, I can see the WiFi networks around me but I can only manage to connect to whatever WiFi I was connected before if I dettach and reattach the USB device from the port. Have you ever encountered this and do you know how to fix it?
By the way, I am using a H270-HD3 Gigabyte with a i5-7500, no video cards, Kext Patcher for USB Limit.

p.s: I also added the kexts to the EFI Partition Folder "Others"

Edited by Alves
Forgot to insert the detail of adding kexts to EFI

On 11/6/2018 at 6:18 PM, Alves said:

chris11111, I am here to both congratulate you and ask you a question. I am using a Ralink 5370 and your TP-Link is working wonders. But I have the following problem: When I boot (or restart) the WiFi utility opens itself up, I can see the WiFi networks around me but I can only manage to connect to whatever WiFi I was connected before if I dettach and reattach the USB device from the port. Have you ever encountered this and do you know how to fix it?
By the way, I am using a H270-HD3 Gigabyte with a i5-7500, no video cards, Kext Patcher for USB Limit.

p.s: I also added the kexts to the EFI Partition Folder "Others"

Maybe you do not have a good wifi setup ?

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Maybe you do not have a good wifi setup ?

If by not good setup you mean router issues, I don't think that's the problem, all the other devices I have uses it smoothly... My hackintosh also works perfectly with the wifi after I dettach and reattach my usb wifi receiver. I was thinking that maybe some cache isn't being deleted when I try to restart? If that makes sense (?) 
The kext is being loaded, that much I am sure from kextstat. After removing and inserting the USB back again for the first time after booting I can connect, disconnect and bend hell if I want to. Just trying to figure out some ideas to not have to remove and insert the usb every time I boot.

16 hours ago, Alves said:

If by not good setup you mean router issues, I don't think that's the problem, all the other devices I have uses it smoothly... My hackintosh also works perfectly with the wifi after I dettach and reattach my usb wifi receiver. I was thinking that maybe some cache isn't being deleted when I try to restart? If that makes sense (?) 
The kext is being loaded, that much I am sure from kextstat. After removing and inserting the USB back again for the first time after booting I can connect, disconnect and bend hell if I want to. Just trying to figure out some ideas to not have to remove and insert the usb every time I boot.

No I talk about setting up the wireless Utility 

Thanks for providing this driver.

I have installed the driver and the dongle works on Mojave 10.14, I can connect to the router.

This computer has an ethernet connection, I want to share it via wifi, however I don't see the options to create the adhoc network.

Is it possible to achieve this with the driver?

Any idea what I missed?

1517075443_ScreenShot2018-11-17at1_17_49PM.thumb.png.4bc07486156809ef8593e23b2ba037a5.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aikidoka25 said:

Thanks for providing this driver.

I have installed the driver and the dongle works on Mojave 10.14, I can connect to the router.

This computer has an ethernet connection, I want to share it via wifi, however I don't see the options to create the adhoc network.

Is it possible to achieve this with the driver?

Any idea what I missed?

I don't know if that is possible with a USB Wifi ?

With D-Link DWA-140 preferences pane provided by rodrigocunha (OP this thread), I managed to create one ad-hoc wifi and it shows in iPhone, unfortunately during my troubleshooting the internet sharing, I deleted the profile, then I cannot create a working ad-hoc profile anymore.

In case anyone what to try : DWA-140WirelessUtility_PrefPane.zip or get the post #1

Edited by aikidoka25

Managed to have the connection. The ad-hoc network is shown on the "Devices" section on the iPhone.

However the internet sharing is not working because the iPhone cannot go to the internet.

UPDATE:

I noticed ifconfig reports the dongle as ethernet en4, not sure if OSX Internet Sharing is looking for a specific name?

1037679417_ScreenShot2018-11-17at5_45_53PM.thumb.png.da8803ba0c7cb2caa485708bf2ca77c8.png

Edited by aikidoka25

On 11/18/2018 at 11:41 PM, Hervé said:

'ever thought of checking Asus's web site? It's got drivers for 10.7/10.8/10.9. Seems like some old device...

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBN14/HelpDesk_Download/

Then, if you would be kind enough to identify the fitted chip or the device's own PCI ids, you may get more info.

Of course I know about it) There is RT5372 in my case. I've tried a lot of kexts and utilities, they don't work for me on High Sierra.

upd: finally I did it. I changed idProduct and idVendor in info.plist. But adapter works only if I plug it in after boot.

Device is Asus USB N-14.

idProduct is 17e8, which is 6120 in decimal.

idVendor is 0b05, in decimal it is 2821.

Maybe I did something wrong or I should do something else. I don't know)

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 00.08.44.png

Edited by edgar90

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I've been using a generic WiFi receiver built around a Ralink/Mediatek RT3070 chip for several years in a 2006 iMac running OS 10.7.5 with no problems.

I recently switched to a 2011 iMac running OS 10.13.5.
I’ve tried the Ralink/Mediatek and the TP-Link driver installers for this; they’re both accompanied by literature saying the they’ll run in all MacOS’s from 10.7 to 10.14.

After running the installer, the same kext (same version) that has been working on my OS 10.7 iMac appears in the Extension folder of the OS 10.13 iMac. The appropriate icon appears in the menu bar but, when I click on “Wireless utility” in the attached menu, absolutely nothing happens. The Console logs show that the WiFI utility attempts to launch but then crashes and reports that it has been unable to find the needed driver. I’ve turned off SIP and corrected the ownership of extension and system folders to allow access. Rebooting the Mac or reattaching the USB WiFi dongle makes no difference.

Any tips on how to proceed with this would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 5:58 AM, chris1111 said:

Another working Package here ➤  Wireless USB adapter Clover Support large band of Drivers 

Drivers for Realtek 802.11n and 802.11ac USB Wi-Fi adapter

68747470733a2f2f6936322e73657276696d672e636f6d2f752f6636322f31382f35302f31382f36392f3135362e706e67.png

Enjoy

Hi there. 

I have a RT2870 (Tenda USB Wireless) and it only works with the old, ugly and unstable WirelessUtility.

I will appreciate it if you add the support for RT2870 to this better beautiful utility. We are really tired of using the cheap WirelessUtility.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey @chris1111

Thanks for coding this applications and drivers. But I can not make it working. Here are the things what I have done so far.

1 - I installed USB Wireless Utility which is provided by your GitHub ( https://github.com/chris1111/USB-Wireless-Utility ) I read the "read me" and installation went through as described. I plugged my usb adaptor and rebooted my pc. Wireless utility was not consisted. Sometimes it showed up randomly when I tried, sometimes it opened after a while. But I couldn't see any router in the list. It kept saying "disconnected"

2 - I installed USB-Wireless-UtilityPrefPane-V1 from ( https://github.com/chris1111/USB-Wireless-UtilityPrefPane ) I didn't remove other one, I just went through. I watched your video before doing that. I rebooted my pc and now wireless utility opens and closes when I click directly. But it says "disconnected" again. How can I make it connect ? Is there a way?

I am providing you some screenshoots. Thanks in advance.

( By the way my router ssid is hidden now. Should I make it visible  in order to use with this wifi dongle if it works ? )

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 20.44.30.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 20.44.54.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 20.45.14.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 20.52.48.png