[USB Wifi] Updated Ralink/Mediatek RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572

rodrigocunha
460 posts in this topic

I have red the entire topic, but I don't understand the post85... If I click on the link it sends me to a website http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads/mt7610u/  and proposes me to download " MT7610U_D5.0.1.22_SDK1.0.2.14_UI5.0.0.21_20141224.dmg"   I really don't know what it is...    I precise that English is not my mother tongue, I'm from France.   

I really don't know what it is...    I precise that English is not my mother tongue, I'm from France.   

Yes, mine neither !

That dmg file contains the new RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext version 5.01.22 !

And if you look inside the dmg you will find:

post-305243-0-11106000-1426332163_thumb.jpeg

and if you look inside the USBwireless-Install.pkg with PACIFIST.app you will see this:

post-305243-0-37199500-1426332176_thumb.jpeg

If you want to install just some portions of the USBwireless-Install.pkg you can download my folder on post 90 and place is where it all belongs !

Never leave old stuff ! and rebuild permissions and kernel cache ! and reboot

Good luck !

LOL ok ! It is so easy, it's only the full package to install the drivers and applications.  I'm realy sorry, I'm noob on hackintosh...  I've installed the full package and it's perfect for me, thanks.  Nevertheless, my WiFi link is really weak, 2 or 5 Mbps  with the D-Link DWA-125 ..   With my mother board onbard WiFi (ASUS Z87 PRO) under Win7 I'm always at 144MBps ... My Laptop is also @144Mbps next to my computer.   Is there other more powerfull USB Wifi dongle working on Yosemite  and working @144Mbps  ?  Thanks.

LOL ok ! It is so easy, it's only the full package to install the drivers and applications.  I'm realy sorry, I'm noob on hackintosh...  I've installed the full package and it's perfect for me, thanks.  Nevertheless, my WiFi link is really weak, 2 or 5 Mbps  with the D-Link DWA-125 ..   With my mother board onbard WiFi (ASUS Z87 PRO) under Win7 I'm always at 144MBps ... My Laptop is also @144Mbps next to my computer.   Is there other more powerfull USB Wifi dongle working on Yosemite  and working @144Mbps  ?  Thanks.

In yosemite there are some problems partially resolved in update 10.10.2 (depends configuration and hardware)

I solved some problems in WIFI :

• Chose an other wifi channel on your WIFI emission source
  • Toggle between 2.4 or 5 GHz
  • add : 8.8.8.8   to your DNS server defaults

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

I've been through the whole post. Tried pretty much every solution, but I always get the same problem: the Wireless Uitily detecs a device, but it won't find any work, nor work at all.

I've realised it get the WiFi card's MAC Address, with doesn't work (I get the No hardware installed error). I use a Macbook Pro.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ok, when you ask here for help, please give us precise response....  Your hardware is obviously Edimax ! This topic isn't only for Edimax adapters !

When you look in post 93 you will see that there are more the 230 different (230 types-IOKitPersonalities.html!

And there are 10 different EDIMAX !    Is yours listed  ?

So i ask you again what is your hardware ?  (idProduct and idVendor)

Ok, when you ask here for help, please give us precise response....  Your hardware is obviously Edimax ! This topic isn't only for Edimax adapters !

When you look in post 93 you will see that there are more the 230 different (230 types-IOKitPersonalities.html!

And there are 10 different EDIMAX !    Is yours listed  ?

So i ask you again what is your hardware ?  (idProduct and idVendor)

Oh, I misunderstood you first question.

My hardware is idProduct 42769, idVendor 29586, which is listed there as using the com.Ralink.driver.RT2870USBWireless driver. I bought it as an Edimax EW7711mac

The hardware seems to be installed just fine, its light is on, it shows up in the System Information, but the MAC address in the Wireless Utility is the one from the original WiFi card.

If I remember correctly from when I had another adapter (which stopped working), I should have a network interface called something like wc2 adapter, which is not there now.

I read for your Edimax EW7711mac USB dongle this:"

*The AC450 Wi-Fi USB is a dedicated 5GHz Wi-Fi adapter and does not support the 2.4GHz frequency band. Ensure that your wireless network(s) is dual band or a dedicated 5GHz signal."

Your hardware should work with RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext version 5.01.22 = the same as MT7610-Asus-A711-7392 (idProduct 42769, idVendor 29586)

So verify first your WIFI access point and put it in dual or only 5Ghz. The MAC adress of your EDIMAX can not be the same as your inside WIFI card.

You can disable internal WIFI in System preferences/Network !

Your new dongle should be named 802.11 ac WLAN I suppose.

Watch carefully that there are no multiple kexts in System/Library/Extensions for your new dongle !

What did you install  ? the original software ?

http://www.edimax.com/images/Image/Driver_Utility/Wireless/NIC/EW-7711MAC/EW-7711MAC_Mac_driver_v1.0.zip

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm currently trying to make my dlink dwa 125 work on 10.9.0. I've installed the kext and dlink ultility but nothing works. I can connect to my wifi but the connection would drop immediately. When it could connect, it showed as self assigned ip address in network setting panel.

Hi guys, I'm currently trying to make my dlink dwa 125 work on 10.9.0. I've installed the kext and dlink ultility but nothing works. I can connect to my wifi but the connection would drop immediately. When it could connect, it showed as self assigned ip address in network setting panel.

This driver package should work for you: http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads/

http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads/usb-rt2870rt2770rt3x7xrt537xrt5572/

Good luck

I managed to get wifi working but most of the time I can't access to the internet. Like I was using it normally, then the isp, internet and the server (in network diagnostic) lights turn red. It happens every single time and I have to restart in order to get wifi working again. Any suggestions ?

Hi guys! Thank for guide.

I have one problem with this dongle (Asus USB-N13). App Store and etc doesn't work. I think it becouse it not "built in" Can i fix it?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-03-18 at 13.23.16.png

In Systeme preferences/Network    make your RT2870 by default en: 0  !

How to:  (I218v2 ) desativate first

RT2870 will become en:0

reactivate I218v2 that  will become en:1

Good luck !

In Systeme preferences/Network    make your RT2870 by default en: 0  !

How to:  (I218v2 ) desativate first

RT2870 will become en:0

reactivate I218v2 that  will become en:1

Good luck !

No, sorry. I did it. App store didn't worked. I need mark it as "built in"

I have an issue. If I connect my iPhone to computer then USB WiFI disconnects from computer. Flashing light is off and it became flashing if I remove iPhone from usb port. But USB WiFI card stays unfunctionla even it flashes now like it did before while Wifi connection worked. Anyone knows how to resolve this behavior? I'm using Yosemite 10.10.2 on my PC.

I resolved my issue so I connect my iPhone on back panel USB. If I attach it on front panel usb port my WiFi connection dies and only I can revive it rebooting computer.

• 2 weeks later...