219 posts in this topic

there are still major problems with booting with for Phenom II X6 CPUs  :( :(

What Gils83 meant was that, in the absence of a specific AMD kernel for Yosemite, you cannot boot 10.10 unless you have a CPU that possess SSSE3 instructions. Basically, same issue as for other OS X versions since Lion and why AMD kernels include a SSSE3 emulator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSSE3

• Like 2

What Gils83 meant was that, in the absence of a specific AMD kernel for Yosemite, you cannot boot 10.10 unless you have a CPU that possess SSSE3 instructions. Basically, same issue as for other OS X versions since Lion and why AMD kernels include a SSSE3 emulator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSSE3

Thanks, I know that's that old CPU don't have SSSE3, I just didn't understand glis :P It's already Slow with Mavericks :P I don't know what would happen if Bronya could make an SSSE3 emult/translator that would be slower :o I may go to the HELP section to see at least how to run Mavericks properly <_< 

Those old Turion can probably be compared to good old low-end Merom/Penryn Intel C2D. Should run decent enough with SL/L/ML and Mav but if you have perf issues, to me it's more likely to be due to CPU/RAM/graphics/HDD than to the SSSE3 emulator.

• Like 2

yeah maybe, since I have 1.8GHz and 667MHz (2GB) RAM, the HDD is good (50MB/s W | R: I don't really know :/ ) the graphics doesn't work yet, USBs are all USB2.0 + an E-Sata. I don't know where that slowness come from but I Guess it's the CPU (so old  and 1.8 :o )

I posted for help here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/?p=2056963 if anyone can help at least for mavs, will wait if Yos gets SSSE3 Emu :) 

Hi all,

now I'm stuck here, I boot with Chameleon bootloader (chriss1111) with Yosemite 10.10. Dp1,
from System/Library/Extensions/ I have removed these drivers: AppleInelCpuPowerMangement.kext, AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext.
and testing with and without NullpowerManagement.kext ,  an new FakeSMC.kext and old fakeSMC.kext (2009)  systems not reached in to Desktop

the system has no kernel panic, the keyboard works, but it bothers me one thing ... see picture at the top edge ----> can not load kext com.appledriver Applekeystore failed to resolve library dependencies

what should I do? ^_^

Edit:

the kernel will boot very clean, except for the described problems .... I'll try Applekeystore from Mavericks

20140831_231828.jpg

20140831_231055.jpg

Edit

Sorry, no changes. ..that problem with keystore is fixed but the kernel is missing the ssse3emu that to patch is very damn complex and consuming a many time..

there are still major problems with booting with for Phenom II X6 CPUs  :( :(

I think there will be no chance for my OOOOOOOLD Turion X2 TL-58 :P

AIDA64 reports will be welcomed to help bootloader and kernel patching.

• Like 2

AIDA64 reports will be welcomed to help bootloader and kernel patching.

Hi Slice,  I'm going to upload later my data ....many thanks for your efforts in advance ..... :)

Edit:

here my Data files (Aida64 files, Dsdt.dsl and Dsdt.aml, rom file for Radeon HD8240 and SystemInfo ) for AMD E1-2500 APU, the other data from my GA990-FXA-UD3 .. still follow ;)  ---> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2058854

Edit : here Aida64 report file from my GA990 FXA UD3

AMD E1-2500 APU AIDA64 - and other files.zip

Report_GA990-FXA-UD3.rar

• Like 1

Good job guys keep up the good work.

:)

Now that Yosemite development is nearing completion, Bronya’s unpublished kernel deserves some attention.

After at least thirty failed attempts, I finally managed a full vanilla installation on my Athlon Kabini only to realise that the choice of FakeSMC and SMBIOS was crucial. I used Enoch r2390 bootloader which is by far the best for this platform to retain full extensions. There was no hanging during installation which went through as easily as with an Intel CPU.

Following initial installation and kernel replacement but before restart, it is imperative to use kext wizard to repair disk permissions. For my part, I install the kernel at the HDD root under the name «mach_kernel », Enoch being able to find it without problem. 

Bronya’s kernel is really well accomplished, OpenGL / OpenCL works perfectly well as nVidia and ATI graphics cards. 

Proper CPU speed is the sole remaining issue and significant lag may be experienced depending on CPU demand: only when CPU operates at full speed is video playout fluid (as experienced with Luxmark 2.1 testing). 

I also noticed a clear difference between the HD 4670 512MB and the GT 440 1024MB in favor of the nVidia card. Although it is less powerful than the HD 4670 (quartz debug mandatory for the ATI), perhaps nVidia graphics drivers are better optimized than ATI’s ?

@Bronya, if you’re up for it, can you patch public version #2? I think the results will be much better!

I would add that I have a lot less graphics problems with Mavericks, I hope this version of Mac OS X will be much better for us.

Thanks Bronya

Thanks Hervé for the translation :) 

EDIT: More infos

Edited by fantomas1
  • Like 7

:)

Now that Yosemite development is nearing completion, Bronya’s unpublished kernel deserves some attention.

After at least thirty failed attempts, I finally managed a full vanilla installation on my Athlon Kabini only to realise that the choice of FakeSMC and SMBIOS was crucial. I used Enoch r2390 bootloader which is by far the best for this platform to retain full extensions. There was no hanging during installation which went through as easily as with an Intel CPU.

Following initial installation and kernel replacement but before restart, it is imperative to use kext wizard to repair disk permissions. For my part, I install the kernel at the HDD root under the name «mach_kernel », Enoch being able to find it without problem.

Bronya’s kernel is really well accomplished, OpenGL / OpenCL works perfectly well as nVidia and ATI graphics cards.

Proper CPU speed is the sole remaining issue and significant lag may be experienced depending on CPU demand: only when CPU operates at full speed is video playout fluid (as experienced with Luxmark 2.1 testing).

I also noticed a clear difference between the HD 4670 512MB and the GT 440 1024MB in favor of the nVidia card. Although it is less powerful than the HD 4670 (quartz debug mandatory for the ATI), perhaps nVidia graphics drivers are better optimized than ATI’s ?

@Bronya, if you’re up for it, can you patch public version #2? I think the results will be much better!

I would add that I have a lot less graphics problems with Mavericks, I hope this version of Mac OS X will be much better for us.

Thanks Bronya

Thanks Hervé for the translation :)

EDIT: More infos

What the kernel you use? You have successfully?

Edited by fantomas1