[AMD] Yosemite OS X 10.10 DP & Beta

spakk

210 posts in this topic

there are still major problems with booting with for Phenom II X6 CPUsĀ  :( :(

What Gils83 meant was that, in the absence of a specific AMD kernel for Yosemite, you cannot boot 10.10 unless you have a CPU that possess SSSE3 instructions. Basically, same issue as for other OS X versions since Lion and why AMD kernels include a SSSE3 emulator.

Ā 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSSE3

Thanks, I know that's that old CPU don't have SSSE3, I just didn't understand glis :P It's already Slow with Mavericks :P I don't know what would happen if Bronya could make an SSSE3 emult/translator that would be slower :o I may go to the HELP section to see at least how to run Mavericks properly <_<Ā 

yeah maybe, since I have 1.8GHz and 667MHz (2GB) RAM, the HDD is good (50MB/s W | R: I don't really know :/ ) the graphics doesn't work yet, USBs are all USB2.0 + an E-Sata. I don't know where that slowness come from but I Guess it's the CPU (so old Ā and 1.8 :o )

I posted for help hereĀ http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/?p=2056963 if anyone can help at least for mavs, will wait if Yos gets SSSE3 Emu :)Ā 

Hi all,

Ā 

now I'm stuck here, I boot with Chameleon bootloader (chriss1111) with Yosemite 10.10. Dp1,
from System/Library/Extensions/ I have removed these drivers: AppleInelCpuPowerMangement.kext, AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext.
and testing with and without NullpowerManagement.kext ,Ā  an new FakeSMC.kext and old fakeSMC.kext (2009)Ā  systems not reached in to Desktop

Ā 

the system has no kernel panic, the keyboard works, but it bothers me one thing ... see picture at the top edge ----> can not load kext com.appledriver Applekeystore failed to resolve library dependencies

Ā 

what should I do? ^_^

Edit:

Ā 

the kernel will boot very clean, except for the described problems .... I'll try Applekeystore from Mavericks

20140831_231828.jpg

20140831_231055.jpg

Edit

Ā 

Sorry, no changes. ..that problem with keystore is fixed but the kernel is missing the ssse3emu that to patch is very damn complex and consuming a many time..

there are still major problems with booting with for Phenom II X6 CPUsĀ  :( :(

Ā 

Ā 

I think there will be no chance for my OOOOOOOLD Turion X2 TL-58 :P

AIDA64 reports will be welcomed to help bootloader and kernel patching.

• Like 2

AIDA64 reports will be welcomed to help bootloader and kernel patching.

Hi Slice,Ā  I'm going to upload later my data ....many thanks for your efforts in advance ..... :)

Ā 

Ā 

Edit:

here my Data files (Aida64 files, Dsdt.dsl and Dsdt.aml, rom file for Radeon HD8240 and SystemInfo ) for AMD E1-2500 APU, the other data from my GA990-FXA-UD3 .. still follow ;)Ā  ---> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2058854

Ā 

Edit : here Aida64 report file from my GA990 FXA UD3

AMD E1-2500 APU AIDA64 - and other files.zip

Report_GA990-FXA-UD3.rar

• Like 1

Good job guys keep up the good work.

:)

Ā 

Now that Yosemite development is nearing completion, Bronyaā€™s unpublished kernel deserves some attention.

Ā 

After at least thirty failed attempts, I finally managed a full vanilla installation on my Athlon Kabini only to realise that the choice of FakeSMC and SMBIOS was crucial. I used Enoch r2390 bootloader which is by far the best for this platform to retain full extensions. There was no hanging during installation which went through as easily as with an Intel CPU.

Ā 

Following initial installation and kernel replacement but before restart, it is imperative to use kext wizard to repair disk permissions. For my part, I install the kernel at the HDD root under the name Ā«mach_kernelĀ Ā», Enoch being able to find it without problem.Ā 

Ā 

Bronyaā€™s kernel is really well accomplished, OpenGL / OpenCL works perfectly well as nVidia and ATI graphics cards.Ā 

Ā 

Proper CPU speed is the sole remaining issue and significant lag may be experienced depending on CPU demand: only when CPU operates at full speed is video playout fluid (as experienced with Luxmark 2.1 testing).Ā 

Ā 

I also noticed a clear difference between the HD 4670 512MB and the GT 440 1024MB in favor of the nVidia card. Although it is less powerful than the HD 4670 (quartz debug mandatory for the ATI), perhaps nVidia graphics drivers are better optimized than ATIā€™s ?

Ā 

@Bronya, if youā€™re up for it, can you patch public version #2? I think the results will be much better!

Ā 

I would add that I have a lot less graphics problems with Mavericks, I hope this version of Mac OS X will be much better for us.

Ā 

Thanks Bronya

Ā 

Thanks HervĆ© for the translation :)Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: More infos

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by fantomas1
  • Like 7

:)

Ā 

Now that Yosemite development is nearing completion, Bronyaā€™s unpublished kernel deserves some attention.

Ā 

After at least thirty failed attempts, I finally managed a full vanilla installation on my Athlon Kabini only to realise that the choice of FakeSMC and SMBIOS was crucial. I used Enoch r2390 bootloader which is by far the best for this platform to retain full extensions. There was no hanging during installation which went through as easily as with an Intel CPU.

Ā 

Following initial installation and kernel replacement but before restart, it is imperative to use kext wizard to repair disk permissions. For my part, I install the kernel at the HDD root under the name Ā«mach_kernel Ā», Enoch being able to find it without problem.

Ā 

Bronyaā€™s kernel is really well accomplished, OpenGL / OpenCL works perfectly well as nVidia and ATI graphics cards.

Ā 

Proper CPU speed is the sole remaining issue and significant lag may be experienced depending on CPU demand: only when CPU operates at full speed is video playout fluid (as experienced with Luxmark 2.1 testing).

Ā 

I also noticed a clear difference between the HD 4670 512MB and the GT 440 1024MB in favor of the nVidia card. Although it is less powerful than the HD 4670 (quartz debug mandatory for the ATI), perhaps nVidia graphics drivers are better optimized than ATIā€™s ?

Ā 

@Bronya, if youā€™re up for it, can you patch public version #2? I think the results will be much better!

Ā 

I would add that I have a lot less graphics problems with Mavericks, I hope this version of Mac OS X will be much better for us.

Ā 

Thanks Bronya

Ā 

Thanks HervƩ for the translation :)

Ā 

EDIT: More infos

Ā 

Ā 

What the kernel you use? You have successfully?

Edited by fantomas1

This is a patched Yosemite dp1 AMD kernel ... unfortunately at the moment running only with FX CPUs or with SSSE3 compatible CPUs.

Once again an outstanding work by Bronya ... this kernel has bronya not yet been released, since that is still a test. :D

• Like 2

Is there any way we can get whatever is done up to now, to try testing and reporting results? Maybe the development would go faster with our feedback?

if you're a good binary-programmer, only then I can see a chance, that the yosemite amd kernel development can go further, but it is not lawful for me, to distribute the kernel! sory Morpheus

To bad :(

Hey I'm downloading Yosemite PB3 on OS X Snow LeopardĀ  :D

• Like 1

Although it is nice that you are downloading yosemite dp3 but it will not work with vanilla Yosemite kernel .......