can we get back the apple logo on boot?

JahStories

769 posts in this topic

Ok, looks cool. :) Congrats. But It doesn't bother me that much the fact that my logo is a bit stretched.

You also seem to have gotten the second stage boot logo as well, just for a very short period of time. So ..congrats! :)

Which version of clover you use?I create my USB like this LINK.

No.I used 2780.

Go on link and download 2788 version.

I'll try that one when I get back home, though I'm not sure it's gonna make any difference whatsoever. In the meantime, you could also try the official 2774 on your system and see if it makes any difference in your case. Personally, I don't think it will.

I do not have IGPU. It's discrete, some old ATI card. Plain old video BIOS, no UEFI GOP driver.

But I am using Clover's on-the-fly video bios patching and maybe this causes some issues and OSX needs to reinit the card or change mode. 

Ok that might be it. Two different worlds.

Also. Are you injecting "AAPL,boot-display" or is this property there already. I mean without any patching/injection tricks?

I must be the one to not receive a logo on boot? 

I see nothing at all stages even the progress bar 
apena that beautiful black screen .. LoL

Did you try true here 

</dict>
<key>PatchVBios</key>
<true/>

I do not have IGPU. It's discrete, some old ATI card. Plain old video BIOS, no UEFI GOP driver.

But I am using Clover's on-the-fly video bios patching and maybe this causes some issues and OSX needs to reinit the card or change mode. 

I don't use video bios patching, but have this issues on all my machines with nvidia's discrete cards.

Ok that might be it. Two different worlds.

Also. Are you injecting "AAPL,boot-display" or is this property there already. I mean without any patching/injection tricks?

without injection @0,AAPL,boot-display i have lost 3rd stage's apple boot logo.

I don't use video bios patching, but have this issues on all my machines with nvidia's discrete cards.

I understand that, but the real question is why you have to inject it yourself. Sorting this kind of things out is another step in the right direction, but for now … there are still way too many unanswered questions.

Hi SunKi

what do you mean with the 3rd stage?, is that the last second where the logo is fading out before the desktop appears ? 

Hi SunKi

what do you mean with the 3rd stage?, is that the last second where the logo is fading out before the desktop appears ? 

it’s the stage at which IOGraphicsFamily kext makes the boot screen 

between 2nd and 3rd stages many people have a screen flashing on hackintosh   ;)

No.I used 2780.

Go on link and download 2788 version.

Hey, man.

I suppose you didn't try 2774, did you? :)

Well, I tried both 2780 and 2788. And guess what? There is no difference whatsoever in terms of boot logo. It looks identical to the 2774. So, you're lucky. Congrats.

this solved the problem. 

I reinstalled the same version of the BIOS again 
and everything is back to normal, now I can see the damned 
Apple logo on boot.
but still without the Logo in the second stage 
the screen flashes and goes to the login screen.
  • Like 2

this solved the problem. 

I reinstalled the same version of the BIOS again 
and everything is back to normal, now I can see the damned 
Apple logo on boot.
but still without the Logo in the second stage 
the screen flashes and goes to the login screen.

it should not be a lot that haves the  second  step logo  :yes:

I did not  :P

• Like 1

Hey, man.

I suppose you didn't try 2774, did you? :)

Well, I tried both 2780 and 2788. And guess what? There is no difference whatsoever in terms of boot logo. It looks identical to the 2774. So, you're lucky. Congrats.

Do you try 2795.How to work this Clover for you?