can we get back the apple logo on boot?

JahStories

769 posts in this topic

Are you testing this with the IGPU or a discrete graphics card?

I do not have IGPU. It's discrete, some old ATI card. Plain old video BIOS, no UEFI GOP driver.

But I am using Clover's on-the-fly video bios patching and maybe this causes some issues and OSX needs to reinit the card or change mode. 

People what do you think for my wide logo?How to change to normal.

I post my config.plist in attach.

If you've got a widescreen monitor (aspect ratio 16:9/16:10 I think the wide logo is intended. To make it "not wide", I think you need to manually set the resolution for a non-widescreen monitor (something with an aspect ratio of 4:3).

For example: if your native screen resolution is 1440x900, which is an aspect ratio of 16:10, I think the closest standard 4:3 would be a 1152x864 or 1280x960.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm new on clover.I now testing my hack via Clover.I always tested via chameleon.Clover is good boot loader.

First follow command @Pike R.Alpha

ioreg -k IOFBNeedsRefresh | grep IOFBNeedsRefresh

After this use this for normal boot screen in config.plist

<key>PatchVBios</key>
<true/>

put your screen resolution to 1920x1080.

I hope to help you.

I found answer.Answer is PatchVBios =true.

Now work perfect.

Thanks from @Slice....

Patch VBios only makes my motherboard boot logo to appear twice. Once exactly on the boot up, and once more just before loading Clvoer UI (boot drive selection screen). Also, without any resolution, it shows everything in low res. Don't know why... Not setting it, my screen resolution is native either way (I added a custom EDID, in case that makes any difference). But with or without it, my boot logo seems just as wide as before. It's not something I can much about. It doesn't look bad or anything. 

Anyway...something else is bothering me, and I don't quite understand why does this happen: why do I need to Inject Intel if my my card is Nvidia (GTX 650) which is officially supported? Why, if I uncheck that, my system reboots, out of nowhere, after about 1 minute into the OS? And you would would probably say: Inject Nvidia.

Sure, but why? If the card is supported, do I need to inject anything?

And if so, why if I inject Nvidia, my card is not properly recognized in "About this Mac"? It shows "0 MB", instead of 2048 MB. Why, with Intel Inject it shows everything ok, but it's a bit weird to Inject Intel if you're using Nvidia, and if you're injecting Nvidia, the card is not properly recognized? 

Patch VBios only makes my motherboard boot logo to appear twice. Once exactly on the boot up, and once more just before loading Clvoer UI (boot drive selection screen). Also, without any resolution, it shows everything in low res. Don't know why... Not setting it, my screen resolution is native either way (I added a custom EDID, in case that makes any difference). But with or without it, my boot logo seems just as wide as before. It's not something I can much about. It doesn't look bad or anything. 

Anyway...something else is bothering me, and I don't quite understand why does this happen: why do I need to Inject Intel if my my card is Nvidia (GTX 650) which is officially supported? Why, if I uncheck that, my system reboots, out of nowhere, after about 1 minute into the OS? And you would would probably say: Inject Nvidia.

Sure, but why? If the card is supported, do I need to inject anything?

And if so, why if I inject Nvidia, my card is not properly recognized in "About this Mac"? It shows "0 MB", instead of 2048 MB. Why, with Intel Inject it shows everything ok, but it's a bit weird to Inject Intel if you're using Nvidia, and if you're injecting Nvidia, the card is not properly recognized? 

CustomLogo=true or false-for me false.

Graphics Inject=NVidia.

Look my config.plist link

In this plist no PatchVBios=true

This my results:

I couldn't get native res by patching the vbios either on one of my computers, the only way I could get it to work was to manually patch the vbios and flash it to the card. So you might end up needing to do that. Also I think you can put a custom vbios in your dsdt.

CustomLogo=true or false-for me false.

Graphics Inject=NVidia.

Look my config.plist link

In this plist no PatchVBios=true

This my results:

You don't have Patch VBios. But you have Load VBios. I added an EDID, you didn't.  And it think that, even without EDID, or the forced resolution, or without Load VBios, the resolution would still be the native one when booting in UEFI mode (just confirmed it).

You also have -xcpm at boot... Not sure what is that one for...

With Inject Nvidia, as I said before, this is what I get (have a look at the detected memory size).

With Inject Intel, the memory is recognized (2048MB), but the card is displayed as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650...., instead of MSi GeForce GTX 650 blah blah blah.

post-1303722-0-23606300-1406747327_thumb.pngpost-1303722-0-47784100-1406747534_thumb.png

You don't have Patch VBios. But you have Load VBios. I added an EDID, you didn't.  And it think that, even without EDID, or the forced resolution, or without Load VBios, the resolution would still be the native one when booting in UEFI mode (just confirmed it).

You also have -xcpm at boot... Not sure what is that one for...

With Inject Nvidia, as I said before, this is what I get (have a look at the detected memory size).

With Inject Intel, the memory is recognized (2048MB), but the card is displayed as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650...., instead of MSi GeForce GTX 650 blah blah blah.

attachicon.gifInject Intel.pngattachicon.gifInject Nvidia.png

Look I told you this is my old coonfi.plist.

I attach my new config.plist

-xcpm for my P-State

Look I told you this is my old coonfi.plist.

I attach my new config.plist

-xcpm for my P-State

Ok...thanks. But, in my case, the memory is still not properly recognized if I inject Nvidia. And if I do the Patch Vbios thing, no matter what resolution I add manually, the resolution will always be low and the motherboard boot logo will be displayed twice.

So, for my particular case, the best results (minus the stretched logo) are: Inject Intel, no Patch/Load VBios, no resolution, boot in UEFI mode. That will show everything in native resolution.

Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with the way the logo looks. It's not that stretched. And it's ok. But it's totally missing in the second stage boot. I only have the loading bar. But no logo.

Anyway, thanks for replying.

Ok...thanks. But, in my case, the memory is still not properly recognized if I inject Nvidia. And if I do the Patch Vbios thing, no matter what resolution I add manually, the resolution will always be low and the motherboard boot logo will be displayed twice.

So, for my particular case, the best results (minus the stretched logo) are: Inject Intel, no Patch/Load VBios, no resolution, boot in UEFI mode. That will show everything in native resolution.

Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with the way the logo looks. It's not that stretched. And it's ok. But it's totally missing in the second stage boot. I only have the loading bar. But no logo.

Anyway, thanks for replying.

Inject the VRAM amount manually, no idea if it solves your problem but you won't lose anything trying.

• Like 1

I don't know. I never needed any patch. And you don't seem to be using one either...? But you can judge for yourself. I attached my config.plist.

This is settings my Graphics:

No EDID

Inject NVidia and Patch VBios

Inject the VRAM amount manually, no idea if it solves your problem but you won't lose anything trying.

That does help display the right amount of memory (assuming you already know what that is - in my case 2048 MB -). Thanks

This is settings my Graphics:

No EDID

Inject NVidia and Patch VBios

Inject Nvidia + Patch VBios => shows the menu in low res.

Inject Nvidia without Patch VBios => shows the menu in high res (native res), but the system reboots after about a minute.

Try this config.plist

You no have a screen

Put the inject nvidia.

I don't have a screen? What kind of screen? If you're referring to display resolution set in config, yes, you're right. I don't. Cause I don't need it.

So, Patch VBios (no matter what resolution you set) => motherboard welcome logo displayed twice + low resolution + computer reboot after 1 minute

Patch VBios (no matter what resolution you set) + Inject Nvidia => motherboard welcome logo displayed twice + low resolution. No reboot.

As I said, with no forced resolution, without Patch VBios and only with Inject Intel, I've got: native resolution, motherboard welcome logo displayed only once and no reboots.

I don't have a screen? What kind of screen? If you're referring to display resolution set in config, yes, you're right. I don't. Cause I don't need it.

So, Patch VBios (no matter what resolution you set) => motherboard welcome logo displayed twice + low resolution + computer reboot after 1 minute

Patch VBios (no matter what resolution you set) + Inject Nvidia => motherboard welcome logo displayed twice + low resolution. No reboot.

As I said, with no forced resolution, without Patch VBios and only with Inject Intel, I've got: native resolution, motherboard welcome logo displayed only once and no reboots.

Do you use a this kext?

Link

Sorry my mistake.Try again.Now work.

Ok, looks cool. :) Congrats. But It doesn't bother me that much the fact that my logo is a bit stretched.

You also seem to have gotten the second stage boot logo as well, just for a very short period of time. So ..congrats! :)