can we get back the apple logo on boot?

JahStories

769 posts in this topic

I have to say that i have the same problem as arsradu and i have the clover patch for IOGraphicsFamily and the kext from this post but the problem remains the same and i don't think we are the only ones with that as yosemite is still in beta and many people have not tested yet.

VGA/HDMI/DVI? What's your case? Does it make any difference? Can anyone confirm?

My output is HDMI and i have no other way to test it.

Thank you very much. That's what I wanted to know. This is great info. So the issue doesn't seem to be related to the port you're using, be it digital or analog. At this point I would say the issue is somewhere else. But, as always, I might be wrong. So feel free to come up with more info that might help fix this issue.

1. Finally! Someone cared enough to post an answer to this. Thank you!

2. Adding @0,AAPL,boot-display as property or setting the nVidia Injection to true, made no difference whatsoever to me. I still got only the first stage boot, perfectly fine, and only the loading bar, with no logo, for the second stage boot.

I've downloaded your regfile, @0,AAPL,boot-display does nothing for you, you have to set @1,AAPL,boot-display because the display is attached to the second port

• Like 1

I've downloaded your regfile, @0,AAPL,boot-display does nothing for you, you have to set @1,AAPL,boot-display because the display is attached to the second port

I did that just now. And...same thing. Maybe there is something else that I need to do?

Well, that happens. :) The internal GPU was already disabled.

Your ioreg show me an loaded azul framebuffer, agpm, hd5000 kexts 

Mine it is true so injection failed right,If yes what can i do to fix that?

add this to your dsdt

gfx _DSM section 

"@0,AAPL,boot-display", 

Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

Your ioreg show me an loaded azul framebuffer, agpm, hd5000 kexts 

add this to your dsdt

gfx _DSM section 

"@0,AAPL,boot-display", 

Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

At the time of the first test, I did have the on-board graphics on. That's why you saw it in the last ioreg that I uploaded here. However, in the latest test, the on-board graphics was off (i turned it off), and, as I told you above, I couldn't get a new ioreg since the system was non-bootable. If I would have been able to boot up again, you would have seen that the on-board graphics was disabled.

At the time of the first test, I did have the on-board graphics on. That's why you saw it in the last ioreg that I uploaded here. However, in the latest test, the on-board graphics was off (i turned it off), and, as I told you above, I couldn't get a new ioreg since the system was non-bootable. If I would have been able to boot up again, you would have seen that the on-board graphics was disabled.

Another 2 dsdts, maybe your ioreg has changed with disabled intel gpu 

dsdt.aml.zip

dsdt.aml 2.zip

OK, so new problem with DP7:

Progress bar is in left down corner and there is no apple logo, any one have this problem and any possible solution?

No not here at all,  no change with DP7 and startup status bar and logo. I am still missing the boot2 stage logo, but apart from that it is very fast and almost stable.

I don't think I'm using graphics enabler... Does Clover use graphics enabler? If so, how do I disable it?

Edit: tried the last dsdt. Same result.

uncheck FixDisplay in the config.plist, try with dsdt from post 613, upload your ioreg with disabled intel gpu

uncheck FixDisplay in the config.plist, try with dsdt from post 613, upload your ioreg with disabled intel gpu

That dsdt (from post 613) didn't make any difference to me. I got the same result.

All the fixes were disabled. Also, Intel GPU is still disabled.

I couldn't get an ioreg after booting with that dsdt. But I did take an ioreg before that. So you can check out the disabled intel gpu. The ioreg can be found here.