OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

I recall Apple saying Yosemite is beta software :-)

You're not attempting to use beta software for real work, are you? You have another computer with stable software on it, correct? Or at least a second partition with stable software? Like... perhaps... Mavericks?

You know what 'beta' means, right?

Really don't see the need to be an {censored} about it.  Of course I have another system.  That's not the point.  If I didn't understand what 'beta' meant chances are I wouldn't be here, don't you think?  

• Like 1

Really don't see the need to be an assh*le about it.  Of course I have another system.  That's not the point.  If I didn't understand what 'beta' meant chances are I wouldn't be here, don't you think?

I think it was this:

"This is serious, I need to restore my iPhone pronto"

And it was boldface, as if to indicate panic.

My suggestion: Use a different computer with a stable OS to deal with your phone.

Thanks a ton bro, I really appreciate your suggestion. Lol

I've already taken care of the phone. I was more hoping to find out if anyone had any similar issues or if it was just me. Thanks again tho bro.

Yosemite has been perfectly stable in all other aspects, forgive me for my ignorance.

Using most of your BIOS setting except I need enabled CSM to boot Clover via USB Flash, I can login DP3, Beta, and DP5 of Yosemite with AMD HD 7950 only.

But Adobe Flash Plugin unable to play in Youtube by Firefox and AppleHDA unloaded bother me a lot.

When I boot with Chameleon 2.2 2380 V3, I can enable both Intel HD4600 and AMD HD 7950, and play Flash in Youtube smoothly.

Do you have similar problem ?

Or any suggestion to solve it ?

esp. how to enable HDMI audio via AppleHDA.kext with Clover boot (no such a problem with Chameleon boot in my Hackintosh)

Thanks a lot for Toleda and many friends posted here !

[solved]

Now I can boot with Clover to enable both display from Intel HD4600 and AMD Radeon HD 7950 after adding 0x0A160000 to /EFI/Clover/config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298591-intel-hd-4600-qeci-yosemite/page-13

Also enable both HDMI audio via AMD Radeon HD 7950 and ALC1150 via Intel HD4600 after applying Toleda's audio_realtekALC-90_v2.0.command if booted by Chameleon 2.2 2380 V3.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298819-yosemite-audio-realtek-alc-applehda/

[Waiting for Solution]

If booted by Clover I need disable Intel HD4600 at first, otherwise unable to enable HDMI audio from AMD Radeon HD7950 after applying Toleda's audio_cloverALC-90_v2.0.command and adding 1 to /EFI/Clover/config.plist/Devices/Audio/inject.

No such a bug if booted by Chameleon 2.2 2380 V3.

Need figuring out how to solve it by proper Clover settings.

[solved Now !]

Need step by step following Toleda's procedures:

for Clover boot---> applying audio_cloverALC-90_v2.0.command only.

for Chameleon boot--->applying Toleda's audio_realtekALC-90_v2.0.command only.

My previous errors due to mix-up or duplicate of these commands.

Thanks again for Toleda !

[Minor Bugs ?]

In both DP5 and DP6 I found sliding the Volume Control of Internal Speaker or Audio Line Out is silent which caused me mis-judge not working. But actually play sound is fine.

In DP4 or Public Beta just sliding the Volume Control may adjust its audio volume immediately with its sound effect audible.

I am not sure whether it's a minor bug, or just only my Hackintosh (Asus Z87 Deluxe-Dual) has this defect.

Thanks a lot for Toleda and many friends posted here !

[solved]

Now I can boot with Clover to enable both display from Intel HD4600 and AMD Radeon HD 7950 after adding 0x0A160000 to /EFI/Clover/config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298591-intel-hd-4600-qeci-yosemite/page-13

Also enable both HDMI audio via AMD Radeon HD 7950 and ALC1150 via Intel HD4600 after applying Toleda's audio_realtekALC-90_v2.0.command if booted by Chameleon 2.2 2380 V3.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298819-yosemite-audio-realtek-alc-applehda/

[Waiting for Solution]

If booted by Clover I need disable Intel HD4600 at first, otherwise unable to enable HDMI audio from AMD Radeon HD7950 after applying Toleda's audio_cloverALC-90_v2.0.command and adding 1 to /EFI/Clover/config.plist/Devices/Audio/inject.

Hello jsl,

regarding this post:

Could you send me your dsdt and ssdts, since I would like to compare yours with mine to get the HD4600 working next to my ati 5570...

btw. I cannot write you a pm, error appears "jsl cannot receive any new messages".

Thanks and regards

Hello jsl,

regarding this post:

Could you send me your dsdt and ssdts, since I would like to compare yours with mine to get the HD4600 working next to my ati 5570...

btw. I cannot write you a pm, error appears "jsl cannot receive any new messages".

Thanks and regards

These are what you may apply for your desktop Intel HD4600 display by booting with Chameleon 2.2 2380 V3 bootloader.

Another choice is adding 0x0A160000 to /EFI/Clover/config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id by booting with Clover.

Good luck to you !

DSDT.aml.zip

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

SSDT.aml.zip

[Waiting for Solution]

Do not use Clover/Chameleon injection when using dsdt injection.  If you boot both Chameleon and Clover on the same install, use the realtekALC script not the cloverALC script.  The cloverALC script, as the name implies, only works in Clover.

• Like 4

Do not use Clover/Chameleon injection when using dsdt injection.  If you boot both Chameleon and Clover on the same install, use the realtekALC script not the cloverALC script.  The cloverALC script, as the name implies, only works in Clover.

Thanks for your prompt reply and I have solved it already.

By the way can you confirm my observation and experience are correct ?

The realtekALC script is only working for Chameleon boot and I must apply cloverALCscript for Clover boot.

That means I can only apply one of them exclusively.

post-70188-0-81912600-1408874945_thumb.png

post-70188-0-79133900-1408874957_thumb.png

post-70188-0-67726200-1408874967_thumb.png

• Like 1

I have good news! Finally Apple has sorted out the Nvidia drivers in Yosemite DP6! It is still broken in 10.9.5 but in Yosemite DP6 the graphics PM is fixed and it scales down when you open a photo in Preview. This is an achievement of epic proportions as it has been like this since ML. I have a GTX 650 and had this problem for a long time. On 10.9.4 the Nvidia web drivers fixes the issue but they are not compatible with the betas. This should make some of you really happy.

• Like 2

all good. for those who are using pb2 there is no need to update the applehda.

post-564601-0-34852600-1409681798_thumb.png

fully functional here.

is this new when rebuild caches??

Created prelinked kernel copy "/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel"
Created prelinked kernel "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache"
Created prelinked kernel using "/System/Library/Kernels/kernel"

Upgrade from DP6 to DP7 went well.

I notice ioreg / IODeviceTree / efi / device-properties is now empty? can anyone else confirm?

EDIT: Maybe it was like this with previous DP's?

EDIT2: I see it was empty with DP6 (14A329f)

EDIT3: It was okay in DP5 (14A314h).. so I missed the change with DP6.

EDIT4: Ignore this - I was using wrong frame buffer when I posted this.