OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

No real SN, just one generated in Clover Configurator. Just using a generated MacPro5,1 SMBIOS. The first operator told me he couldn't find my mac by the serial number, but I asked for "iMessage Support" and the lady just had me verify my Apple ID and security info and she "reset" something, and voila! It works

• Like 1

It didn't work for you because you had fake/generated values for ROM/MLB (even if you leave the fields blank in your config.plist, Clover will autoinject values).  If you use genuine MLB/ROM from the same Mac, it works 100%  - proven, end of discussion.

By all means call Apple if you want to muck around and they will fix it for you if you get a kindly customer rep...

For others who have access to a real Mac, you can use genuine serials.

• Like 1

The point I'm trying to make is that I didn't need to "muck around" with injecting serials and values and all kinds of other {censored} from a Mac, especially for those who don't have access to one (most people I'm sure). I spent five mins on the phone with Apple, and they fixed it for me. Clearly there was something wrong with my account, or whatever she did wouldn't have done anything at all. That's all I'm trying to say.

It was very simple and effective. Not sure why you'd bash this solution anyways. Not everyone has a real Mac, hence the "Hackintosh". Thanks tho.

PS. End of discussion my ass.

It didn't work for you because you had fake/generated values for ROM/MLB (even if you leave the fields blank in your config.plist, Clover will autoinject values).  If you use genuine MLB/ROM from the same Mac, it works 100%  - proven, end of discussion.

By all means call Apple if you want to muck around and they will fix it for you if you get a kindly customer rep...

For others who have access to a real Mac, you can use genuine serials.

Is there some kind of problems with taking values from a macbook air for my Hack witch is a desktop computer, with totally different hardware ??

@MilesTEG1,

No problem, even on completely different hardware.  Since we are only changing MLB & ROM (and optionally System Serial) in the RTVariables, Clover will manage speedstep, sleep etc the same as before.

Look here: iMessage and FaceTime - misbehaving again!

That may be the solution for me as I own a Macbook Air :D

Can I leave the "fake" serial I generated long ago for the first installation of mavericks ?

That may be the solution for me as I own a Macbook Air :D

Can I leave the "fake" serial I generated long ago for the first installation of mavericks ?

...I left mine generated by chameleon wizard...and surprise,only changing MLB & ROM... it apparently works... :smoke:

...using Box 2 below

As I said above, it is the MLB & ROM values that are crucial in iMessage activation.  Personally, I also use a genuine system serial but at the moment, it appears this is optional....

The problems occurring recently are related to Apple checking user's systems for registered serials (MLB/ROM specifically).  Those from Macs are already registered on Apple's servers but fake values from hacks obviously aren't (unless you validate them by calling Apple support and providing them with the customer support error code).  A few months ago, a credit card was sufficient but more and more people are reporting issues with generated serials....

• Like 5

No real SN, just one generated in Clover Configurator. Just using a generated MacPro5,1 SMBIOS. The first operator told me he couldn't find my mac by the serial number, but I asked for "iMessage Support" and the lady just had me verify my Apple ID and security info and she "reset" something, and voila! It works

@mendietinha,

The crucial values for iMessage/facetime activation are MLB and ROM.  They can be extracted from a real Mac (or Apple Support validated hack) and transplanted into your hack via bootloader injection.  Procedure in AIO guide post#99 using imessage_debug tool....

thanks, i´ll try it both.

• Like 1

The point I'm trying to make is that I didn't need to "muck around" with injecting serials and values and all kinds of other {censored} from a Mac, especially for those who don't have access to one (most people I'm sure). I spent five mins on the phone with Apple, and they fixed it for me. Clearly there was something wrong with my account, or whatever she did wouldn't have done anything at all. That's all I'm trying to say.

It was very simple and effective. Not sure why you'd bash this solution anyways. Not everyone has a real Mac, hence the "Hackintosh". Thanks tho.

PS. End of discussion my {censored}.

My sole reason for being here is to "muck around."

• Like 2

My sole reason for being here is to "muck around."

Lmao as much as I wanna argue with you… I just can't.

Ok ok I like to muck around too. But the bigger point was that not all of us have a real Mac to pull info from. Was a lot easier just letting Apple register my fake info.

FYI:  If you end up calling them to fix it, have them do FaceTime at the same time.  I just found out the same message appeared for FaceTime and I had to call back.  Should have taken care of both at the same time, woulda saved me that phone call.  

• Like 1

Just read that Yosemite and iOS8 finally contain some built-in bilingual dictionaries... Woohooo :D

Could someone please  compress and upload the Yosemite English-Spanish dictionary module?!

I'd like to give it a try on Mavericks. 

It should be in /Library/Dictionaries

Many thanks in advance 

Just read that Yosemite and iOS8 finally contain some built-in bilingual dictionaries... Woohooo :D

Could someone please  compress and upload the Yosemite English-Spanish dictionary module?!

I'd like to give it a try on Mavericks. 

It should be in /Library/Dictionaries

Many thanks in advance 

Here you go! http://cl.ly/0B3c1Q0g2340 :)

• Like 1

DP 8 run ffine on GA-EP45-UD3LR(only AppleHDA need to be rollback)

Cheers :drool:

We Wont 10.10 Golden Master  this time :hysterical: