OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Final Cut 10.1.2 works with Yosemite :D

Give me Blender and I'll install 10.10 on my main disk (which i haven't even opened since started trying DP1).

Yup, literally JUST installed the update, and it works perfect! Super happy. That's all I was waiting for, personally :)

I think mach_kernel is created by the boot loader.

Yes, ur right, it was created by Chameleon r2378 for yosemite installer, but what i am asking for is: did someone patch Yosemite kernel in (S/L/K)So i can avoid the early boot ?

I have HP Envy 174-J178CA

i7-4700MQ cpu

16 GHz Ram

Full HD display

Thank you for your time mates

Yes, ur right, it was created by Chameleon r2378 for yosemite installer, but what i am asking for is: did someone patch Yosemite kernel in (S/L/K)So i can avoid the early boot ?

I have HP Envy 174-J178CA

i7-4700MQ cpu

16 GHz Ram

Full HD display

Thank you for your time mates

Please guys, this is not true...not for sure! (OK?????)

Probably you have done your installer with the @chris1111 pakages...instead.

this is the complete patch made by Clover for the lapic panic:

BOOLEAN KernelLapicPatch_64(VOID *kernelData)
{
  // Credits to donovan6000 and sherlocks for providing the lapic kernel patch source used to build this function

UINT8       *bytes = (UINT8*)kernelData;
  UINT32      patchLocation=0;
  UINT32      i;

DBG("Looking for Lapic panic call (64-bit) Start\n");

for (i=0; i<0x1000000; i++) {   
    if (bytes[i+0]  == 0x65 && bytes[i+1]  == 0x8B && bytes[i+2]  == 0x04 && bytes[i+3]  == 0x25 &&
        bytes[i+4]  == 0x14 && bytes[i+5]  == 0x00 && bytes[i+6]  == 0x00 && bytes[i+7]  == 0x00 &&
        bytes[i+35] == 0x65 && bytes[i+36] == 0x8B && bytes[i+37] == 0x04 && bytes[i+38] == 0x25 &&
        bytes[i+39] == 0x14 && bytes[i+40] == 0x00 && bytes[i+41] == 0x00 && bytes[i+42] == 0x00) {
      patchLocation = i+30;
      DBG("Found Lapic panic at 0x%08x\n", patchLocation);
      break;
    } else if (bytes[i+0] == 0x65 && bytes[i+1] == 0x8B && bytes[i+2] == 0x04 && bytes[i+3] == 0x25 &&
               bytes[i+4] == 0x1C && bytes[i+5] == 0x00 && bytes[i+6] == 0x00 && bytes[i+7] == 0x00 &&
               bytes[i+36] == 0x65 && bytes[i+37] == 0x8B && bytes[i+38] == 0x04 && bytes[i+39] == 0x25 &&
               bytes[i+40] == 0x1C && bytes[i+41] == 0x00 && bytes[i+42] == 0x00 && bytes[i+43] == 0x00) {
      patchLocation = i+31;
      DBG("Found MV Lapic panic at 0x%08x\n", patchLocation);
      break;
      //rehabman: 10.10.DP1 lapic
    } else if (bytes[i+0] == 0x65 && bytes[i+1] == 0x8B && bytes[i+2] == 0x04 && bytes[i+3] == 0x25 &&
               bytes[i+4] == 0x1C && bytes[i+5] == 0x00 && bytes[i+6] == 0x00 && bytes[i+7] == 0x00 &&
               bytes[i+33] == 0x65 && bytes[i+34] == 0x8B && bytes[i+35] == 0x04 && bytes[i+36] == 0x25 &&
               bytes[i+37] == 0x1C && bytes[i+38] == 0x00 && bytes[i+39] == 0x00 && bytes[i+40] == 0x00) {
      patchLocation = i+28;
      DBG("Found Yos Lapic panic at 0x%08x\n", patchLocation);
      break;
    }
  }

you can import it in chameleon, or ask to donovan6000, RehabMan or sherlocks for a patched kernel..

Micky

did someone patch mach_kernel for early reboot hp mackintosh in yosemite DP2?

Just use the latest clover uefi, select the kernel pm patch (if you have a haswell processor) and select the lapic patch if you need it.

Please guys, this is not true...not for sure! (OK?????)

Probably you have done your installer with the @chris1111 pakages...instead.

this is the complete patch made by Clover for the lapic panic:

BOOLEAN KernelLapicPatch_64(VOID *kernelData)
{
  // Credits to donovan6000 and sherlocks for providing the lapic kernel patch source used to build this function

UINT8       *bytes = (UINT8*)kernelData;
  UINT32      patchLocation=0;
  UINT32      i;

DBG("Looking for Lapic panic call (64-bit) Start\n");

for (i=0; i<0x1000000; i++) {   
    if (bytes[i+0]  == 0x65 && bytes[i+1]  == 0x8B && bytes[i+2]  == 0x04 && bytes[i+3]  == 0x25 &&
        bytes[i+4]  == 0x14 && bytes[i+5]  == 0x00 && bytes[i+6]  == 0x00 && bytes[i+7]  == 0x00 &&
        bytes[i+35] == 0x65 && bytes[i+36] == 0x8B && bytes[i+37] == 0x04 && bytes[i+38] == 0x25 &&
        bytes[i+39] == 0x14 && bytes[i+40] == 0x00 && bytes[i+41] == 0x00 && bytes[i+42] == 0x00) {
      patchLocation = i+30;
      DBG("Found Lapic panic at 0x%08x\n", patchLocation);
      break;
               bytes[i+36] == 0x65 && bytes[i+37] == 0x8B && bytes[i+38] == 0x04 && bytes[i+39] == 0x25 &&
               bytes[i+40] == 0x1C && bytes[i+41] == 0x00 && bytes[i+42] == 0x00 && bytes[i+43] == 0x00) {
      patchLocation = i+31;
      DBG("Found MV Lapic panic at 0x%08x\n", patchLocation);
      break;
      //rehabman: 10.10.DP1 lapic
               bytes[i+33] == 0x65 && bytes[i+34] == 0x8B && bytes[i+35] == 0x04 && bytes[i+36] == 0x25 &&
               bytes[i+37] == 0x1C && bytes[i+38] == 0x00 && bytes[i+39] == 0x00 && bytes[i+40] == 0x00) {
      patchLocation = i+28;
      DBG("Found Yos Lapic panic at 0x%08x\n", patchLocation);
      break;
    }
  }
you can import it in chameleon, or ask to donovan6000 and sherlocks, for a patched kernel..

Micky

Micky, after looking at his specs, the early reboot is not lapic related, though that laptop may also require lapic patch (a decent amount of hp's do, my hp envy doesn't though) the early reboot that he's referring to is the haswell early reboot, due to locked MSRs, which the more recent clover builds have the updated patch built in.

• Like 1

Just use the latest clover uefi, select the kernel pm patch (if you have a haswell processor) and select the lapic patch if you need it.

Micky, after looking at his specs, the early reboot is not lapic related, though that laptop may also require lapic patch (a decent amount of hp's do, my hp envy doesn't though) the early reboot that he's referring to is the haswell early reboot, due to locked MSRs, which the more recent clover builds have the updated patch built in.

Ok, the MSRs patch (I do not know if is working for Yosemite using Insyde Bios) is in the same file:kernel_patcher.c :P

Ok, the MSRs patch (I do not know if is working for Yosemite using Insyde Bios) is in the same file:kernel_patcher.c :P

That code cannot be used as a base for work in KernelPatcher.dylib since KernelPatcher.dylib is closed source.

Someone was kind enough to point out where the code lives.  Thanks...

TimeWalker75a developed a Clover kernel patcher module that works wonderfully with both Mavericks and Yosemite. His patcher is aimed at enabling the use of the vanilla kernel by Atom hardware, put perhaps he can help you guys: talk to him!

All the best!

• Like 1

Hey... good to know. Never could find the source prior to this and other folks had said "closed."

I don't see a license there, however. Do you? Some evidence (link) in code. Not sure if the license there is compatible with Clover license.

you are a volunteer? :P

Volunteer for what? Patching each DP is fairly pointless. And I don't find Chameleon useful given how far Clover has come. The patch in Clover is still working, although part of it is not functional in DP2. But only the "data part" of the patch is active and necessary at the moment. Whether it stays that way through final is anyone's guess.

I don't see a license there, however. Do you? Some evidence (link) in code.

Same as for compiled modules

/*

* Copyright © 2014 xZenue LLC. All rights reserved.

* Copyright © 2011-2013 Evan Lojewski. All rights reserved.

* This work is licensed under the

*  Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

*  To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/.

*/

That code cannot be used as a base for work in KernelPatcher.dylib since KernelPatcher.dylib is closed source.

Someone was kind enough to point out where the code lives.  Thanks...

Sorry, I was writing (and I did not have the link handy) when Ermac at the same time he posted a link to the source, so I have not edited my post.

Hey... good to know. Never could find the source prior to this and other folks had said "closed."

I don't see a license there, however. Do you? Some evidence (link) in code. Not sure if the license there is compatible with Clover license.

Volunteer for what? Patching each DP is fairly pointless. And I don't find Chameleon useful given how far Clover has come. The patch in Clover is still working, although part of it is not functional in DP2. But only the "data part" of the patch is active and necessary at the moment. Whether it stays that way through final is anyone's guess.

Sources are published just really really recently (I learned from Ermac).

I was just thinking that Chameleon is not dead yet, and it is so easy to use that yet can be the first step for many people, and Clover will the next step. Maybe it still deserves a bit of development by those who can :)

Micky

Sorry, I was writing (and I did not have the link handy) when Ermac at the same time he posted a link to the source, so I have not edited my post.

Sources are published just really really recently (I learned from Ermac).

So, it used to be closed and now is recently published... That would explain the understanding it was closed source....

I was just thinking that Chameleon is not dead yet, and it is so easy to use that yet can be the first step for many people, and Clover will the next step. Maybe it still deserves a bit of development by those who can :)

For someone starting out, Clover is, in many ways, easier... especially on recent hardware (KernelPm and AsusAICPUPM are built-in and automatic, for example).  And there are less surprises on OS X updates...  Either way, there is much for the noob to learn.

For someone starting out, Clover is, in many ways, easier... especially on recent hardware (KernelPm and AsusAICPUPM are built-in and automatic, for example).  And there are less surprises on OS X updates...  Either way, there is much for the noob to learn.

Too bad that UEFI is not really open source, because then you could patch everything Clover does now from within the UEFI BIOS and load boot.efi. Without the need to reproduce the whole freaking code base. This is also why my bets are on Coreboot.org. I want that to mature so that we can start doing what had to be done in the first place.

Too bad that UEFI is not really open source, because then you could patch everything Clover does now from within the UEFI BIOS and load boot.efi. Without the need to reproduce the whole freaking code base. This is also why my bets are on Coreboot.org. I want that to mature so that we can start doing what had to be done in the first place.

Whats this then http://tianocore.sourceforge.net/wiki/EDK2

• Like 2

so kernel patch with chameleon is not ready or does not exist yet. Only clover  now has the patch. i am using chameleon 2380 with 10.10 dp2 and was working great with my desktop but, my HP laptop it always reboot because of the panic and xpcm related issue. i think i have to wait to public release beta so someone can patch Kernels panic and with chameleon cause Clover is too complicated and not easy to work with after many years of using chameleon And RehabMan is not patching anymore files cause he is using Clover too

Thank you for your time guys and for your reply.