OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Try:

perl -pi -e 's|(\x3B\x05\xAE\xFC\x69\x00)\x74\x11|${1}\xEB\x11|g' kernel

RehabMan, you rock!!!

post-270804-0-79839600-1401995500_thumb.png

I could not use that terminal command on the kernel while it resided in System/Library/Kernels.  But I copied the kernel to my desktop and patched it there. Then I moved it back to System/Library/Kernels and rebooted.  I did not use cpus=1 and had no Lapic KP and, upon boot up, had both of my cores working.  Many thanks.

I could not use that terminal command on the kernel while it resided in System/Library/Kernels.

Modifying things in /System requires 'sudo'. I updated the post to clarify.

Although... hopefully, people who don't know that aren't attempting to run a DP...

I've managed to install Yosemite (using flags cpus=1 -x -v and the kext-dev-mode=1). 

Using the same flags I'm able to boot the first time and configure.

After that, I can no longer boot. I use the exact same flags.

It hangs in kext.com.apple.driver.AppleMobileDevice 303009000 is in exception list, allowing to load.

Any hints on what may be happening? :S

Now I'm able to boot again.

But I'm getting a blackscreen and I can move the mouse.

Guess it's a graphics problem... I've got the HD3000... My DSDT worked on Mavericks to get QE/CI. Should work here aswell, no? Maybe I should revert some kexts? 

Modifying things in /System requires 'sudo'. I updated the post to clarify.

Although... hopefully, people who don't know that aren't attempting to run a DP...

Good update on the original suggestion.  Others might not have thought to make a back up of their kernel before attempting the patch.  

Now that the initial excitement about multi-core function is over, can you explain what this patch does?  I didn't find anything when I searched it in Google.  I know that Donovan6000's Lapic patch replaced the KP line of code with a no operation code so that when APIC initializes differently on an HP laptop than on a mac, instead of calling for a KP, it calls a no op and continues booting.  What does this one do?

Good update on the original suggestion.  Others might not have thought to make a back up of their kernel before attempting the patch.  

Now that the initial excitement about multi-core function is over, can you explain what this patch does?  I didn't find anything when I searched it in Google.  I know that Donovan6000's Lapic patch replaced the KP line of code with a no operation code so that when APIC initializes differently on an HP laptop than on a mac, instead of calling for a KP, it calls a no op and continues booting.  What does this one do?

This one jumps around the KP. Changes a conditional jump (74) to unconditional (EB).

• Like 1

Well, I managed to install every kext my devices needed with the injection method, but it seems I still have random moments where EDID and Video info are not injected properly and thus I get a blackout.

EDIT: I forgot that ethernet has to be set as en0 for iCloud and Apple Store to work properly. Injection is done automatically on boot without flags. Yay!

Now I seriously need to see how I can fix the flaky EDID pickup.. Will try to see what Clover sets when the display works fine, and set those values in the config.

By the way new OS X 10.10 advertised apps are not available yet, they'll be surely added later as it happened with iBooks.

Anyone resolved the issue of freezing while loading AppleMobileDevice? This is after it has been installed, on first run. I tried everything but can't figure out what the issue is

i have to run single mode and load fakesms every time i wanna use Yosemite,

and if i use kext-dev-mode=1 then my system just reboot when Yosemite booted.

The kextcache has not rebuilt yet. 

• Like 1

Well guys, I finally got in. After using the latest Clover and a completely vanilla install with just FakeSMC.kext inside of the 10.10 folder in Clover, I can boot into the system no problem and everything works perfectly, including iCloud, iMessage and such...

However, I have no QE/CI. Graphics are terribly slow - it's worse now than it ever has been without QE/CI. Even mouse movement is choppy lol

Anyone have any experience with a GTX650 on Yosemite?

Thanks a million. Love this forum.