[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

607 posts in this topic

I read all your BS...

I'm don't have inside info but I have a lot of tests which can prove you are wrong...

Some test doesn't proof anything. You can easily misinterpret your results. Without proper theoretical base whatever tests doesn't proof anything. 

Your speech contradicts.

I don't have inside info but I have a lot of tests which can prove you are wrong...

and then

The authentication used by apple is simple - genuine (by factory or phone activation) combination of mlb and ROM.

Nothing less and nothing more.

So, you don't have any piece of Apple code, but you are telling that you know exactly what apple does? :D Let me laugh  :D

Who is doing pseudo science here?  :hysterical:

You build a theory based on unproven assumption and then call it a science. Go check the definition in oxford dictionary.

When you change all variables but mlb/ROM and its still legit to apple authentication - I say its pretty easy to see what you need.

Like I said before - serial doesn't matter, only mlb/ROM. This can be proven easily, I can change my serial to any serial you want and I still can log off and log on to IM/FT.

You build a theory based on unproven assumption and then call it a science. Go check the definition in oxford dictionary.

When you change all variables but mlb/ROM and its still legit to apple authentication - I say its pretty easy to see what you need.

For first, I'm not building any theory. I'm doing research to put all various important facts, puzzle pieces and knowledge together.

And you have misinterpret again something, I said that computing is a science. I haven't ever said that I'm doing here an super exact science. I haves said also that hackontoshing should be a science, not only a stupid guesswork. 

What i'm telling is that some test doesn't proof anything!!! You can easily misinterpret your results without proper theoretical base. 

And, of course, stealing works. I can stole the bread from someone, but if I know the recipe, I can bake it. I can stole the MLB/ROM but I don't have to if I know the standards and contents. 

So I'm saying that stealing not ONLY way how to do things, you can learn and build it.

:frantics:

OK Just asking, if I make a new OS X Install on another disk and use my MLB/ROM I made (and still working on my Yosemite Install), would it block my other Install???

Please explain explain exactly, what you are trying to do?

Metaphors are nice but won't get us any progress.

If I can disprove your theory regrading the serial number requirement - will you still insist it's required?

generate any imac14,2 serial you want and I'll show you that everything still work as long as ROM/MLB are unchanged.

more over - when you change one of them - you need to enter your icloud password upon startup 

but you can change your serial and/or completely change smbios definition and still remain logged in after restart.

• Like 2

I can confirm that you can mix and match serial numbers from different SMBIOS as long as you are using a genuine MLB/ROM ie you can use the MLB/ROM from a real MBP in a hack using an iMac or MacPro serial and it will still work. 

While it is sensible to keep the Mac model the same so MLB & system serial are consistent, evidence in the real world suggests that only the MLB/ROM values are validated by Apple when activating iMessage/FT ie presently, there is no ID cross checking between the system serial number used and MLB.  See post by ElNono_ on iMessage validation on VMWare Fusion 7 - the only values from the real Mac hosting the VM that are required to activate iMessage on the OSX Yosemite guests are its MLB and ROM combo - everything else like system-id and system serial are "generated"/"fake" values, different from the host.

@holyfield,

Can you synthetically manufacture an MLB/ROM and activate a hack WITHOUT calling Apple Support?  Do you have proof that Apple are not using a white list of known manufactured boards (like the system serial database at Apple Self Solve?).

From my testing, even if you have a valid MLB from a real Mac, if you use that MLB with another valid ROM (from another real Mac), you still get the error message to call Apple Support.

ie MLB/ROM work as a pair and if anything, Apple cross checks that the MLB/ROM pair is consistent.

IMHO, there is too much FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) being spread about the use of MLB/ROM from Macs on hacks.  Yes, it will be a problem if the MLB/ROM is publically shared so multiple AppleIDs may login to iMessage/FT at the same time (using the same MLB/ROM).  It is definitely NOT a problem if you own the Mac to which the MLB/ROM belongs and only use your own AppleID to loginPlease don't infer that everyone who uses a real Mac MLB/ROM is stealing someone's ID (unless you mean I'm impersonating myself :hysterical:).

@midi,

I have activated 3 hacks using the MLB/ROM from my Mac Mini and all are running fine through multiple fresh installs/upgrades of Yosemite over 6 months....my MLB/ROM hasn't been publicly shared and I just use my own AppleID/those of family members on them.

• Like 3

WinstonAce is right

Only proper combination of MLB and ROM can activate iMessage , Mac serial doesn't matter .........

iMessage never work without call on "hack" with genuine/created  MLB and ROM

@holyfield

If you have too good knowledge of creating MLB then Upload List not Only Guide......

Apple Listing out their Mac's MLB and ROM with all info , which are in Store ....

Some ppl aslo getting error to activate iM by Store Stolen MLB and ROM.......

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

Midi  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

Many Times i activated iMessage on chat via Internet , you can also (If you are Good in Conversation.....)

Hello,,, I did a clean install of Yosemite as follows:

Configuration: Imac Mini mid 2012

Smbios: Generated by Clover Configurator

MLB / ROM: my real iMac injected Clover Configurator

iM / FT work without calling Apple,,, I disconnect from Imessage and change MLB / ROM by other previously created with Clover Configurator,,, and iM / FT working for me with all different

I followed the guide Install Yosemite with Clover,

but I think the guide miss the step of the installation of the Clover boot loader in the USB drive.

Infact when I boot with the USB drive nothing happen because the usb isn't bootable

Copy content of Clover.zip and config.plist to FAT32 is enough for bootable usb.

Make sure your system can boot UEFI. If not, use Chameleon.

No, my system doesn't boot UEFI, but with Chamaleon I am not able to install Yosemite. Nobody in the forum could help me and so I decided to try Clover.

Doesn't Clover support old Motherboards?

Yes, but it's not included in my guide, cause I still can't master it completely.

You can find Clover non-UEFI guides in forum.

I can confirm that you can mix and match serial numbers from different SMBIOS as long as you are using a genuine MLB/ROM ie you can use the MLB/ROM from a real MBP in a hack using an iMac or MacPro serial and it will still work. 

While it is sensible to keep the Mac model the same so MLB & system serial are consistent, evidence in the real world suggests that only the MLB/ROM values are validated by Apple when activating iMessage/FT ie presently, there is no ID cross checking between the system serial number used and MLB.  See post by ElNono_ on iMessage validation on VMWare Fusion 7 - the only values from the real Mac hosting the VM that are required to activate iMessage on the OSX Yosemite guests are its MLB and ROM combo - everything else like system-id and system serial are "generated"/"fake" values, different from the host.

@holyfield,

Can you synthetically manufacture an MLB/ROM and activate a hack WITHOUT calling Apple Support?  Do you have proof that Apple are not using a white list of known manufactured boards (like the system serial database at Apple Self Solve?).

From my testing, even if you have a valid MLB from a real Mac, if you use that MLB with another valid ROM (from another real Mac), you still get the error message to call Apple Support.

ie MLB/ROM work as a pair and if anything, Apple cross checks that the MLB/ROM pair is consistent.

IMHO, there is too much FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) being spread about the use of MLB/ROM from Macs on hacks.  Yes, it will be a problem if the MLB/ROM is publically shared so multiple AppleIDs may login to iMessage/FT at the same time (using the same MLB/ROM).  It is definitely NOT a problem if you own the Mac to which the MLB/ROM belongs and only use your own AppleID to loginPlease don't infer that everyone who uses a real Mac MLB/ROM is stealing someone's ID (unless you mean I'm impersonating myself :hysterical:).

@midi,

I have activated 3 hacks using the MLB/ROM from my Mac Mini and all are running fine through multiple fresh installs/upgrades of Yosemite over 6 months....my MLB/ROM hasn't been publicly shared and I just use my own AppleID/those of family members on them.

Interesting...thank you.

Btw guys, if Apple was reading this, you are probably giving it ideas how to block stuff!

Apple it's a spy, Bro!

WinstonAce is right

Only proper combination of MLB and ROM can activate iMessage , Mac serial doesn't matter .........

iMessage never work without call on "hack" with genuine/created  MLB and ROM

@holyfield

If you have too good knowledge of creating MLB then Upload List not Only Guide......

Apple Listing out their Mac's MLB and ROM with all info , which are in Store ....

Some ppl aslo getting error to activate iM by Store Stolen MLB and ROM.......

Midi  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

Many Times i activated iMessage on chat via Internet , you can also (If you are Good in Conversation.....)

Thanks I was in the Apple Store, trying to gather some information, but don't works...

• Like 1

Interesting...thank you.

Apple it's a spy, Bro!

Thanks I was in the Apple Store, trying to gather some information, but don't works...

You are saying you are running HVT on a MBP while the Apple Store Staff are watching ? Seems legit  :frantics:

• Like 2