[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

607 posts in this topic

Thanks Vusun,

I have a problem

I cannot begin the Yosemite installation (Chamaleon) on the USB Stick because when I select the Yosemite USB drive on Chamaleon bootloader it doesn't load the installation setup because after a while The computer restarts.

Even with:

-f -v

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1

Thanks Vusun,

I have a problem

I cannot begin the Yosemite installation (Chamaleon) on the USB Stick because when I select the Yosemite USB drive on Chamaleon bootloader it doesn't load the installation setup because after a while The computer restarts.

Even with:

-f -v

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1

You forgot to add kext-dev-mode=1

Yes I'll try

I don't need a windows partition,

- can I use GUID or is better MBR?

- Do you reccomend manual method or easy guide?

I use GUID for the drive in witch I installed Yosemite. (a SSD in fact, only for OS X). Another hard drive is for windows.

I use also Clover to boot.

Setup: 10.10 in VMware on Windows

Yosemite boots up through "native" EFI, but iMessage doesn't work. Since I can't access or adjust any NVRAM values, I'm not sure what to do.

I installed Chameleon, but Yosemite doesn't fully boot. Clover results in VMware telling me that something went wrong with the firmware and shuts off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The MLB value on a real Mac has no relation to its System Serial.  The traditional hackintosh method of adding 5 random characters to the 12 character system serial to generate an MLB was just done for convienience.

It's not 100% true!! Read this post for more details. I have some data to voice, that MLB contains product related information. Both, the serial number and MLB are containing codes for Apples hardware. These codes aren't exactly the same, but hardware info is stored in MLB too. I believe, it's easy for Apple by using simple pattern to compare Serial Number and MLB. It's obvious that you couldn't have MacPro MLB on MacBook.

@holyfield,

I don't disagree with you that the MLB serial probably has some algorithm that describes it eg place of manufacture, year + week etc.  However nobody really knows (besides Apple) what makes a particular string a valid MLB or not, let alone whether Apple cross checks the MLB against a database of known manufactured boards or "whitelist".

What I'm trying to say is that the old recommended method of placing 5 random characters to your 12 character system serial is not what happens in real Macs

eg say on a real MBP 8,1 2011 model the system serial is C02HRBX8DH2G.

What many hackintosh guides recommend is that to create an MLB, just add 5 random characters: say C02HRBX8DH2GHACKR

On a real Mac, the MLB is more like C02153703FADUNR8Y ie besides the first 3 characters, which probably correspond to place and year of manufacture, there is nothing that relates the rest of the characters in the System Serial to the Main Logic Board serial.

And as I have said before, Apple does not presently cross check system serial against MLB/ROM - hence the ability at the moment to use a genuine MLB/ROM from a Mac that is a completely different model to the SMBIOS model used on a hack.

Edit 12/4/14

Some users in Voldemort's forum are reporting success using 13 character MLBs.  They are using Clover Configurator to generate MLB and ROM, then taking 4 digits away from MLB to make it 13 characters long (like in older Macs).

Using the example above:  If you have a 17 character MLB like C02153703FADUNR8Y, some users have reported success by removing the 4 middle digits shown in red after the 3 character prefix....

So you would insert a new MLB=C0203FADUNR8Y into Clover's Rt Variables/config.plist, together with a 12 character ROM.  You may or may not still need to call Apple Customer Support.....

• Like 2

And as I have said before, Apple does not presently cross check system serial against MLB/ROM - hence the ability at the moment to use a genuine MLB/ROM from a Mac that is a completely different model to the SMBIOS model used on a hack.

thank you for response!

I believe, based on my research, that Apple compares on certain way your serial number with other hardware id's. Why Apple uses MLB at all? Because it reveal a lot about you system, as your serial number does. Based on my research, MLB contains product type identification ids. So you can read from MLB which type of device you have.  For iCloud apple uses your comp serial number, for iMessage and FaceTime it uses your comps MLB etc. iCloud and iMessage services aren't strictly related, but they have a weak relation trough your Apple ID. If your MLB tells me that you have unknown device, isn't suspicious? Ok, you are calling to me and telling that you have serial, which indicates that you have a nice MacBook, but weird MLB, or even worse, MLB of MacPro, mh.. It's obvious that you are some sort of hacker/cracker....

I guess, that iMessage activation trough Apple Support call was possible due the lack of knowledge of support personnel. I suspect that Apple has improved theirs systems to provide a better automatic activation, which doesn't allow usage of unknown devices anymore, plus your device type's retrieved from MLB and serial number should match when you place a support call. Thats why calling to support doesn't work anymore.

New Info.Update for iMessage/Facetime on your Hackintosh

As of mid November 2014 it would appear that Apple have once again updated their iMessage client authentication and verification processes on their backend servers. If iMessage is still working for you DO NOT LOG-OUT or perform any operation that will cause a logout such as a OS update .... etc.

Once you do logout the existing iMessage security token will no longer be valid and will not be replaced with a a new token due to failure of ID verification on logging back in. As in the past, i'm sure those of us who still have working iMessage will get kicked out/logged-off .... including myself due to periodic iMessage disconnect messages which get pushed out every once in a while.

Symptoms:

The main symptom is a return of the following iMessage alert box :-

103739d1410209619-how-fix-imessage-apple

Observations:

• The issue effect's all existing installs of OSX Mavericks and Yosemite using any Boot-loader.
  • The issue only effects iMessage and Facetime, all other iCloud services seem unaffected.
  • Once effected you will no longer be able to re-activate iMessage by calling Apple Support with the displayed customer code despite it being valid and accepted by Apple Support should you decide to try.
  • If you have not changed any OSX ID's such as S/N, MLB, ROM ... etc then the customer code should be the same as the last time you called Apple to activate iMessage.
  • Generating a complete set of new OSX ID's will not resolve the issue despite a new customer code being generated, it does not matter if is this on existing or completely new hardware.
  • Creating a new AppleID and associating the hackingtosh with either the existing or new ID's does not resolve the issue.
  • If you do call Apple support and give them the displayed customer code iMessage will continue to display the same alert message and the same customer code no matter how many times you call Apple.
  • Restoring a backup or booting from a clone of the system when iMessage was working will not resolve the issue due to the security token at Apples end being flagged as expired.
  • It would seem that Apple Customer Support is not aware of any changes to the verification process as they will continue to try and help you resolve the issue but it seems that no matter what they do the issue remains.
  • There are a few small changes to the Apple self-solve web-site and notable changes to the Apple support web-site - when logging a support issue, the path to the correct support department has changed and you now have to select a pre-registered Apple device to log the ticket against were as in the past you were able to enter any S/N of any device.
  • I believe the issue relates to the iMessage security token, normally when you login to iMessage your id's are verified by the server and a new security token is generated and passed back to the client were it is stored locally after which it is used in conjunction with the server side token each time you use iMessage for verification and message packet encryption. If you logout then the token is physically deleted locally and made invalid at the server side. You will not be able to use iMessage again until you have a new valid security token. When you try to log back in, the server side will try to generate a new security token but the id's now fail the validation checks thus triggering the contact Apple alert message and failure to receive a new token. In the past once the customer code was entered it would set a flag against the device in Apples database allowing your id's to pass that part of the validation check ... my best guess at this moment is our ID's are now failing to pass a new/modified server based ID verification check during iMessage login - either syntax based, device/id miss-match or possibly a white-list verification system resulting in no new security token being sent to the client.

• Latest: I'm now 100% sure its the MLB that is failing verification ultimately resulting in the loss of a new security token being generated and sent to the client. At the moment i am attempting to establish if there is a patten or format to the MLB which is related and specific to the system type.

As usual when things go wrong ... some users seem to turn to using ID's form real mac's to get iMessage working again ... i've continually advised through-out the life of this guide and thread not to do this .... all your going to do is make Apple more vigilant to secure iMessage even further and you may run the risk of black-listing the source mac's ID's if used too many times on non-Apple Hardware. We have to try and find a way that can satisfy Apples validation and security without resorting to using cloned values or pirate methods if at all possible