Realtek RTL8187(L)

Alex3305

105 posts in this topic

hey guys, bought an Encore ENUWI-G2 USB WiFi adapter, which has Realtek RTL8187 chipset, and using universal drivers just fine

the only problem is that I have to reconnect every time I restart or sleep

I have exactly the same issue. I'd like the wifi to reconnect automatically to my preferred network everytime it boots.

Is there any way to connect automatically?

And, BTW, I understand the situation of many of the posters: Of the 3 wireless nets I have access to, only 2 of them work. So that's a 66% success... Crappy drivers from realtek, but at least they do the job (somehow).

• 2 weeks later...

Henrik, I agree with you. Realtek drivers aren't perfect, they worked fine on Tiger, but there were major changes in Leopard and now we have flaws on the driver. As other user said here, floow control is something we should pay attention. Also, the crappy realtek utility selects a prefered network to connect automatically, maybe if we could connect to the wireless network every time we boot up (I mean manually)...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have the same thing on leopard. Anyone managed to fix this?

Thanks

I've seen some people post that they have the WiFi working on their Asus P5K Wifi boards, but I like you have the same problem.

I wonder how we can get the people who say they have it working to post how they have it working...I'm all ears and willing to try anything.

I have a 1500 Draft N card working in mine but want to move it to another PC so I'm real keen on getting the built in WiFi to work with 10.5.1. Kalyway...

/mdg.

I installed the latest drivers, but when I boot, it says "Please Enable the WLAN Card" it says it should be under system preferences in "network"

But I don't see how to enable any wireless device under the new Leopard (10.5.1) Network Preferences pane. wtfff?

I installed the latest drivers, but when I boot, it says "Please Enable the WLAN Card" it says it should be under system preferences in "network"

But I don't see how to enable any wireless device under the new Leopard (10.5.1) Network Preferences pane. wtfff?

In preferences Network, click on + and you can see ALL ethernet that you have, enable ALL ethernet, do not touch anything, restart the PC.

On restart you can see the realteck connected, at restart Leo or tiger use the DHCP but after you can change what you like.

This is an mistake of Apple, that Does not recognize the USB network card

In preferences Network, click on + and you can see ALL ethernet that you have, enable ALL ethernet, do not touch anything, restart the PC.

On restart you can see the realteck connected, at restart Leo or tiger use the DHCP but after you can change what you like.

This is an mistake of Apple, that Does not recognize the USB network card

looks like that worked...haven't been connected for long though, we'll see...

how do i connect to a wireless network with 802.1x authentication through this though???

the WLAN client utility doesn't seem to have the setup options i need, and Network Preferences recognized the adapter as an ethernet port...therefore it doesn't have the 802.1x setup options i need to connect...anyone know how to do this?

I sent an e-mail to Realtek for RTL8187L issue in Leopard, and they gave me a reply in just two days!

Here's the reply from Realtek:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

But, we didn't support MAC OSX 10.5 at current stage.

We will keep our best to release RTL8187L MAC OSX 10.5 driver as soon as possible.

The release schedule is end of February.

Best regards,

Jason

It looks like they will release a driver for Leopard, but we have to wait for another whole month!

• 2 weeks later...

i have a wg111v2.. it connects at random.. and disconnects.. sometimes when it connects, it works for hours together..

but it is lame to keep disconnecting and reconnecting the damn thing to wait for it to finally work.. but i have to do it nevertheless..

If you have a p5w hd deluxe motherboard and are runing the rtl8187 off of the osx driver provided on the realtek site with sucess could you please tell me your bios information so that those with the same mother board can load that version of bios.

thank you

i am running bios version 2602 and my rtl8187 works for a couple second when i turn the radio on. It conects to a wifi network. It runs infastructure for a second and then turns off. durring this time the eth port 3 that it represents in my network preferences goes from orange to red.

I am thinking of flashing to a different bios but i dont want to risk the functionality of my motherboard with no promise of the reward of a working wifi

• 2 weeks later...

I'll test it tonight --- new release... 10.5 v1309, almost 9Megs, the "Site 3" is faster to download...

:(

Results:

Advice:

Before you install it make sure you don't have the previous versions installed and Rename your working interfaces to something like "Marvel Yukon #1" and #2 or so...

1.- Run the installer, then reboot.

Takes a while to the "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility" to load!!!!

2.- Ok, a new restart will help you and is needed because the System Preferences, Network, is at first a little unstable with the new "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility".

3.- After restarting... And waiting on "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility" to finish loading, open the System Preferences, Network then click on the "+" to add a "New Service", On Interfaces select the 3rd "Ethernet" then click on Create

After creating the service, it will get an IP automatically... it's wrong, but, it's ok!

4.- Rename your service to someting like "USB WiFi Solo" and go to "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility" to the "Available Network" tab and pick your network, then "Add to Profile" type in your info and viola!

You're connected!!!

And if you have your sleep working, after a wake up! I was connected, still....... :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Finally Working :hysterical:

The only bad side about this is the long wait for the "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility" to load... :wink2:

Enjoy!

I couldn't install the latest drivers for Realtek 87_10.4_v1309 to work. I tried uninstalling, and installing, and i get installation failed. Then i tried installing after I reformated Kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard without having the lan drivers installed from kalyway. When I installed the older Realtek Drivers I can't load the realtek program and I can't access the network settings. I've tried multiple downloads of 87_10.4_v1309. This sucks I really just want the wifi to work. Help me please. My timemachine doesn't work either. Because I thought it would be cool to use timemachine to revert back instead of reinstalling each time. When I loaded the realtek drivers off the kalyway 10.5.1 it works for 1 second and when i go to configure, none of the wifi signals show up anymore. Help!!! My build is the hackintosh exactly with a Q6600 proc. I also reverted my bios back to 2206 from 2302 to see if it helped. It didn't matter. Can anyone help in los angeles. I'll drive a pay to have this working I'm so frustrated. i would also be willing to try an alternate wifi device.

Okay I'm really getting frustrated. It alone took me 3 days to install leo on my toshiba laptop. I even got 3 dvds, kalyway, iatkos 1.0ir2 and iatkos 1.0i. Currently, the only one i could get it to boot up is iatkos 1.0i. So that's what i'm running. So basically, i got the realtek 8187L inside of the laptop. This doesn't work at all. There are no indiciations in leopard that it even detects the thing. I go to network in the preferences and all i see is Etherent (e0) and Airport (off). If i press the + button, all there is is VPC, PPPoE, and "6 to 4" or "4 to 6" this is at the top of my head. I installed the drivers and everything, the latest intel ones. The thing is, i the Realtek USB WLAN Client Utility loads up, bounces on the dock for a while, then just sits there. It doesn't do anything. No dock indicator. Nothing. I can't even apple tab to it. Everything else on the computer works, sound and video etc. WTF? I even accidently refreshed this page when iwas finished typing it, which made me start over.

Additional info:

In bios, it lists legacy usb, boot up with lan, boot up with wireless lan, enable lan, and that's it really. everything is is nothing.

Computer specs: <h1 class="title">Toshiba Satellite® A205-S5803 15.4" Widescreen Notebook Computer With Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T2330</h1>

• Intel Pentium dual-core processor T2330 operating at 1.6GHz
  • 1MB L2 cache
  • Up to 533MHz frontside bus
  • 1GB of PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory (2 x 512MB); maximum memory capacity: 2GB
  • 120GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive
  • DVD SuperMulti drive with Double Layer support (reads/writes DVD±R/RW, DVD-RAM, DVD±R Double Layer, CD-R/RW)
  • Realtek® 802.11b/g wireless LAN
  • 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN port
  • 56K V.92 modem
  • 2 USB 2.0 ports
  • ExpressCard/54 slot: also compatible with ExpressCard/34
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 with from 128MB to 251MB shared memory

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!