VoodooHDA 2.8.5 for Mavericks (Slice + AnV) (Signed!)

Andy Vandijck

211 posts in this topic

No, VoodooHDA enables all devices.

Switching is provided by Sound.PrefPane in OSX.

If two or more devices in the same association then only one of them will work because there is "Audio Selector" in the chip.

If devices are in different associations then they may work simultaneously if OSX player may provide sound on several devices at the same time.

As I see from your dump there are such chains:

36-20-52-8 (Speaker)

51-28-60-9 (Subwoofer)

37-21-53-8 (headphones)

So Speaker/Headphones are switchable depending on jack inserted.

If we enable 36 and 37 at the same time then one Stereo sound will go on both pins provided by the stereo stream at output 8.

Ok. I've tried some other things and it seems that the headphones are causing the problem somehow. When I put the headphones as a separate association and the speakers/sub together, the hp didn't work but the sp/sub showed up as "complex output" and the sub worked. However, when the hp were associated with them too, nothing was disabled but the sub didn't work and they showed up as "Speakers (analog)" with only 2 channels (speakers only).

dump-subworking-nohp.txt

dump-nosub-hpworking.txt

Ok. I've tried some other things and it seems that the headphones are causing the problem somehow. When I put the headphones as a separate association and the speakers/sub together, the hp didn't work but the sp/sub showed up as "complex output" and the sub worked. However, when the hp were associated with them too, nothing was disabled but the sub didn't work and they showed up as "Speakers (analog)" with only 2 channels (speakers only).

But I said you will have stereo sound no matter what driver and what patches you will apply.

Yes, for example such a way.

<dict>
					<key>Codec</key>
					<integer>2</integer>
					<key>Enable</key>
					<string>0</string>
					<key>Node</key>
					<integer>19</integer>
				</dict>

• Like 1

But I said you will have stereo sound no matter what driver and what patches you will apply.

Ok. I kept them separate and made a multi-output device. Thank you so much for all of your help! I've been trying to get this sound working for 4 months and now it does. :)

Edit 19 juilly 2014 new packages  V286 Availlabale

Thanks to Slice .

Thanks you very mutch AnV ! working Great ;)  testing  on Z87X-UD5H  :D  I have create  cool Installer 

For VoodooHDA Tribute With the binaries   :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT new package with  AnV change log  ;)

version 2.8.5 works well for me.

but 2.8.6 broke. mic feedbacks during login screen. speakers scream. I changed igain to 0 in Info.plist, but it doesn't work.

version 2.8.5 works well for me.

but 2.8.6 broke. mic feedbacks during login screen. speakers scream. I changed igain to 0 in Info.plist, but it doesn't work.

Any confirmation?

Realtek ALC898 can someone confirm this works with  GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 i7 3.69, 10.10 public beta with boot loader Chameleon_2.2svn_r2380_10.10_CBv2.pkg, i get No VoodooHDA Devices detected =(

Show kernel.log related to this message.

I got this version working after replacing the .plist from a version that worked; there's no obvious setting to why it won't work with the original plist file as most are the same.

Also this version introduced the same problem as before; can't switch to my USB sound from my led cinema.

The volume settings do work properly again so overal it performs exactly the same as the 2.8.4 version I previously used.

The 2.8.6 version works again without issues with my alc892.

However still can't switch between onboard and usb audio, there has been versions of voodoohda which could

• 2 weeks later...

I've been unsuccesfully trying to patch my vooodoo to have all my jacks as separate outputs and keep the front microphone as the only input for 5.1 analog audio and manual switching. However, whenever I try to change something, only a few of them are visible in the output devices.

Right now I get only Green and Blue rear, internal speaker and front microphone. Any help would be great!

Oh, and those "black" disabled speakers don't exist in the motherboard, it only has 3 jacks in the back, 2 at the front and an internal speaker.

**Changed Info.plist extension to upload

Info.plist.txt

dump.txt

So you want to retask nodes 24 and 26 as line outs?

Unfortunately, you have 3 output nodes and 3 output pin complexes. They all work fine. The issue is that voodoohda only allows one output per node, (except for headphones redirect). So I retasked nodes 24 and 26 to share with 2 of the output nodes with the hp redirect but I'm not sure if you can use them at the same time as the regular outputs assigned to those nodes. Try this and se what happens. Can you attach the voodoo dump after you try this?

Info.plist.txt

• Like 1

I updated VoodooHDA to next version.

Some warning eliminating and making InhibitCache really conditional.

Tested with Realtek ALC887 codec. Clear and loud sound!

attachicon.gifVoodooHDA.kext-v286.zip

Latest sources at 

https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

Success!!

For the first time I have sound from my Supermicro X8DAL-3 with ALC883!!  I followed the instructions to patch the DSDT to add the HDEF device but none of the kext's I tried did anything.

One note, I got a message saying that AppleHDADisabler was installed incorrectly. 

I only have one output (green on back of motherboard) and 2 inputs (pink on back of motherboard and front header), which I haven't tested yet since I don't have a mic to hook up.  I'd like to get at least the black output and the headphone output working, as well.

Can anyone help me get the other outputs working?

Here's my DSDT and a screenshot of my audio device

post-1167515-0-14326100-1407586700_thumb.png

DSDT.zip

So you want to retask nodes 24 and 26 as line outs?

Unfortunately, you have 3 output nodes and 3 output pin complexes. They all work fine. The issue is that voodoohda only allows one output per node, (except for headphones redirect). So I retasked nodes 24 and 26 to share with 2 of the output nodes with the hp redirect but I'm not sure if you can use them at the same time as the regular outputs assigned to those nodes. Try this and se what happens. Can you attach the voodoo dump after you try this?

Hey! thanks for this! it's working out much better.

Is that the reason to deactivate the internal speaker?

Can you please tell me how to get the dump of another codec? if I do "getdump >newdump.txt" I would only get codec #0, my videocard.

I found speaker levels much different than in windows but I guess it's a matter of tweaking the VoodooHDA sys prefs. Attached is my linux codec dump if it's of any help!

codec_dump.txt

This website explains it pretty well: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2676

My way is that I just navigate to /proc/asound and you'll see all of the codec dumps for each of your cards. Then just copy/paste them elsewhere.

The best that can be done with voodoo at least is to treat the mic in and line in as headphones for 2 of the output nodes, but at best, you'll only have 3 outputs available at a time. 

• Like 1