VoodooHDA 2.8.5 for Mavericks (Slice + AnV) (Signed!)

Andy Vandijck

211 posts in this topic

This website explains it pretty well: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2676

My way is that I just navigate to /proc/asound and you'll see all of the codec dumps for each of your cards. Then just copy/paste them elsewhere.

The best that can be done with voodoo at least is to treat the mic in and line in as headphones for 2 of the output nodes, but at best, you'll only have 3 outputs available at a time. 

Thanks I didn't know about those voodoo restrictions.

I meant how to get a dump of a second codec from mac, for this one I disabled the hdmi to get it. This is the dump after your patches, it's working nicely.

alc662v3_codec_dump_linux.txt

patched.txt

DSDT.aml.zip

Try these. I added your device info to the dsdt and patched the info.plist for voodoohda. Just replace the info.plist in voodoohda.kext with this one and reinstall it with kext wizard or something. Then delete AppleHDADisabler.kext and AppleHDA.kext

Thanks so much!   This is much better, but still a few things;

The 4 output jacks on the rear work great (green, black, orange and grey).  The front headphone jack (green) is a no-go, though as is the front microphone jack (pink).  The rear microphone jack seems to be looping back to the rear green output.

I can live with these if I have to, but I'd like to be able to use a headset for Skype and Webex conference calls, if possible.   I guess I could use a USB audio device just for that, though.

Thanks I didn't know about those voodoo restrictions.

I meant how to get a dump of a second codec from mac, for this one I disabled the hdmi to get it. This is the dump after your patches, it's working nicely.

Oh, like a voodoo dump? If you leave everything enabled, when you do a voodoo dump, it'll dump all of your codecs in the one text output file. 

It looks like this is the config when forcing nodes 24 and 26 to be line outs instead of line/mic ins:

Node 26 (blue rear) acts as a headphone for node 21 (speaker). When 26 is plugged in, 21 should then be disabled

Node 20 is independent (nothing linked to it)

Node 27 (green front hp) acts as a headphone for node 24 (pink rear). When 27 is plugged in, 24 should then be disabled.

Is this the behavior you're getting? You'd probably be better off not forcing nodes 24 and 26 to be line outs (unless you decided to try patching AppleHDA instead).

Thanks so much!   This is much better, but still a few things;

The 4 output jacks on the rear work great (green, black, orange and grey).  The front headphone jack (green) is a no-go, though as is the front microphone jack (pink).  The rear microphone jack seems to be looping back to the rear green output.

I can live with these if I have to, but I'd like to be able to use a headset for Skype and Webex conference calls, if possible.   I guess I could use a USB audio device just for that, though.

Can you attach a voodoo dump after using my patches?

• Like 1

Oh, like a voodoo dump? If you leave everything enabled, when you do a voodoo dump, it'll dump all of your codecs in the one text output file. 

It looks like this is the config when forcing nodes 24 and 26 to be line outs instead of line/mic ins:

Node 26 (blue rear) acts as a headphone for node 21 (speaker). When 26 is plugged in, 21 should then be disabled

Node 20 is independent (nothing linked to it)

Node 27 (green front hp) acts as a headphone for node 24 (pink rear). When 27 is plugged in, 24 should then be disabled.

Is this the behavior you're getting? You'd probably be better off not forcing nodes 24 and 26 to be line outs (unless you decided to try patching AppleHDA instead).

Can you attach a voodoo dump after using my patches?

Here's the codec dump

Codec.txt

Ok, the outputs should all be good with this one. The inputs are a bit more tricky however.

There are three input pin complexes, yet only 2 input nodes. I tried setting up the line in for one of the nodes and the 2 mics on the other. The front mic should act like a headphone for the back one so plugging the front one should disable the back one. Try this and attach another voodoo dump to see if it works right

Info.plist.zip

• Like 1

Ok, the outputs should all be good with this one. The inputs are a bit more tricky however.

There are three input pin complexes, yet only 2 input nodes. I tried setting up the line in for one of the nodes and the 2 mics on the other. The front mic should act like a headphone for the back one so plugging the front one should disable the back one. Try this and attach another voodoo dump to see if it works right

No real change that I can tell.

Codec1.txt

Everything in this dump looks good. What's not working?

Try the front headphones, both mice, and the line in

Okay, both rear and front mics loop back to rear and front green.

Skype doesn't pick up any volume from either mic input.

Front green doesn't output anything from the computer, just the mic loopback.

How about line in? I've attached your codec dump converted to decimal for voodooHDA. As you can see in it, all three inputs prefer the same node as the first line out (node 20). This is your codec graph also in decimal:

post-920981-0-88442900-1407983665_thumb.png

It's most confusing because the input nodes are almost like output ones. 

Try this one. I associated the inputs with node 20 since they prefer to follow it's path. See what happens and post the voodoo dump too please :)

Info.plist.zip

codec_dec.txt

How about line in? I've attached your codec dump converted to decimal for voodooHDA. As you can see in it, all three inputs prefer the same node as the first line out (node 20). This is your codec graph also in decimal:

attachicon.gifcodec_dec.txt.png

It's most confusing because the input nodes are almost like output ones. 

Try this one. I associated the inputs with node 20 since they prefer to follow it's path. See what happens and post the voodoo dump too please :)

Previously, the blue input did nothing...

Now, with the new info.plist, I've lost the green rear and both mic inputs and the line input.   No sound from headphone jack, either.

post-1167515-0-42233800-1407988540_thumb.png

Codec2.txt

This makes sense, I forgot that you have to trace inputs the opposite of outputs (from the input node, not pin complex) and since I paired inputs and outputs in the same association, voodoo just disabled the whole association.

I got 3 ideas here:

The first one is to associate the inputs together and see what happens.

The second one is the same as the first but I noticed that the amp in values for node 9 was different than 8 (9 was the same as everything else while 8 was different). So I routed the inputs all to node 9. 

The third one is the same as two but I associated the headphones with node 20 (primary line out). 

Hopefully something will work.

Info.plist.zip

Info2.plist.zip

Info3.plist.zip

Do we still need AppleHDAdisabler with VoodooHDA? 

I remember reading somewhere that the KP issue is solved with recent versions.

No not need on Yosemite because for me its KP 

on Mavericks, no problemes 

This makes sense, I forgot that you have to trace inputs the opposite of outputs (from the input node, not pin complex) and since I paired inputs and outputs in the same association, voodoo just disabled the whole association.

I got 3 ideas here:

The first one is to associate the inputs together and see what happens.

The second one is the same as the first but I noticed that the amp in values for node 9 was different than 8 (9 was the same as everything else while 8 was different). So I routed the inputs all to node 9. 

The third one is the same as two but I associated the headphones with node 20 (primary line out). 

Hopefully something will work.

Dang...  No Joy..

The first and second files act the same as the previous one.   No headphone output and mic inputs looping back to output (green rear).

The third file, I lost green rear in the preference pane, but the headphone jack is now working but I get the same sound if I plug into the green rear plug.  

Here's a codec dump of the third file.

codec.txt

Dang...  No Joy..

The first and second files act the same as the previous one.   No headphone output and mic inputs looping back to output (green rear).

The third file, I lost green rear in the preference pane, but the headphone jack is now working but I get the same sound if I plug into the green rear plug.  

Here's a codec dump of the third file.

Whoops, I messed up the connections in the info.plist so there wasn't any actual change in the inputs. Try this, I changed the green back line out to a speaker so the headphones should disable it when plugged in. If this doesn't work, try toledo's patched AppleHDA for your codec: https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC888

Good luck!

Info.plist.zip

This is one of the only kexts that enable sound in my system, Dell XPS with alc275 sound. Problem is that on reboot it messes up my video, which is Capri and it is trying to load AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext instead. So I get error loading Capri because its class is already used by HD3000. I am about to give up on audio on this laptop :/

This is one of the only kexts that enable sound in my system, Dell XPS with alc275 sound. Problem is that on reboot it messes up my video, which is Capri and it is trying to load AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext instead. So I get error loading Capri because its class is already used by HD3000. I am about to give up on audio on this laptop :/

<key>UseIntelHDMI</key>
		<true/>

Hi, this works perfectly but I got one bit of a nuisance.

every time I restart my system the line out (green rear) Input Gain sets itself to 0 leaving me with no sound. so every time I start my stem I have to go and manually set it up again.

is there any fix for this? 

Thanks.

Hi, this works perfectly but I got one bit of a nuisance.

every time I restart my system the line out (green rear) Input Gain sets itself to 0 leaving me with no sound. so every time I start my stem I have to go and manually set it up again.

is there any fix for this? 

Thanks.

Just edit VoodooHDA.info.plist

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
	<dict>
		<key>VoodooHDA</key>
		<dict>
			<key>MixerValues</key>
			<dict>
				<key>iGain</key>
				<integer>80</integer>
			</dict>

• Like 1

Just edit VoodooHDA.info.plist

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
	<dict>
		<key>VoodooHDA</key>
		<dict>
			<key>MixerValues</key>
			<dict>
				<key>iGain</key>
				<integer>80</integer>
			</dict>

Thanks it worked perfectly :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have try  VoodooHDA 2.8.6 on my notebook with alc282 work but sometimes there are some rumors and in headphone work but there is a strong rumore like as if there were mass, I have rebuilded caches, repaired permission but nothing... What can I do? Thank you so much...

Hi all :)

@AnV, @Slice, this version of VoodooHDA is include/derived from the one developed by Zenith432?

I would like to add it to Pandora, but I want to be sure to give all the credits....

Thanks in advance

EDIT

Sorry I rephrase the question: What are the people who must have credits for VoodooHDA.kext?

Thanks in advance

Micky

Edited by Micky1979