• The unspeakable Tonymac boot loader
    • Clover EFI
    • Other Chameleon based
    • I could go both ways
    • Ozmosis
    • OpenCore

71 posts in this topic

• 5 weeks later...

Cloover for intel cpu, chameleon for amd cpu, simple :) .

Cloover for intel cpu, chameleon for amd cpu, simple :) .

In my case it is not true, a old dell xps to run 10.10 have to run on chameleon. But before I was able to put 10.9 is clover ok, same setup now 10.9 clover is not run anymore.

Hack on AMD cpu is not a big flavored reason reliable those and w/o rigth kernel, update will break the system.

For me now, a hack I would try to put clover on it first, if not run than second option is chameleon.

There are success reports with Clover on AMD CPU.

Could you help me get clover running then because clover rules! :yes::)

Yeah Clover+AMD=Frustration :P , But Clover+Intel=Best hackintosh boot loader ever! :yes::D:) .

Yeah chameleon is tried-and-true :yes: .

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I prefer Chameleon (Enoch ...) because let me boot from OSX 10.7.5 to OSX 10.11 easily

In my opinion for Legacy system and multiboot OSX is the Best ...

One bootloader fits all ...

I'm using Clover too, but ... only when i cannot use Chameleon ...

I am booting from 10.5.8 up to 10.11.1 by Clover.

Yeah i Know , i tried Clover Too , but i should fix some iusses ,because not all my OSXs boot flat on my Pc.
BTW all OSX boot now on Chameleon so i don't care of changing BL.
Thanks anyways

• 4 months later...

I have an old hackintosh and started off with chameleon but chose to move to Clover for its superior featureset and native EFI environment.  An important consideration for many users is dual booting with an existing install of Windows.

For older BIOS based machines that have legacy Windows installed on MBR drives, its often easier to use Chameleon (and depending on the machine, sometimes Clover will have difficulty booting legacy Windows).  On my laptop, I reinstalled Windows in UEFI mode so that I could use Clover :).

For newer machines with UEFI firmware and UEFI Windows on GPT formatted drives, its a no brainer decision to use Clover.

Not always.

My MSI H81-E33 is UEFI; however, for some reason only old versions of OS X will boot from USB, and even they require Chameleon (again, old versions only).  Clover will, rather oddly, boot my GPT install of Windows - or UEFI installs of Sabayon and SteamOS (I am trying to replace SteamOS with OS X, as that is my largest non-Windows drive).  What was my Hack loader in my legacy BIOS days?  Surprisingly, it was Clover (migrating from Chameleon) - which is why my current Clover issues are driving me rather buggy.

There is defintely SOMETHING in my setup that is interfering with Clover; however, the strange part is that it ONLY affects OS X - not any other GPT OS.  (As i posted above, Linux distributions and even Windows are fine.)  I'm in Legacy+UEFI mode right now; however, the Legacy mode is due to Chameleon - which OS X requires for now until I can solve my Clover woes.

@PGHammer21B,

Did you install OsxAptioFix2Drv in /drivers64UEFI to enable UEFI booting?

Have a look at [GUIDE] MSI H81M Motherboards - Basics of a Computer Build by @GhostRaider

Note: After you install Windows, its bootloader takes over first priority for UEFI booting.  You can restore Clover to boot first by using EasyUEFI in Windows.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chameleon user since 2011 on my older DualCore CPU with nVIDIA 8400GS, and I'm still using it on my i3 CPU's Notebook with iGPU now cause of it's simplicity and does all what I need. Though, Clover is a good choice too. ^_^