OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

Boot Mac from USB . oke .. nothing error

but boot clover with hard drive disk .. bug

kernel_task high cpu :(

and i delete partition mac and reinstall .. :( .. false

=> Bug tool 1.1.0 :D

i try install 10.9.4 and install clover + patch dsdt + ssdt :)

Version 1.1.1 (September 28th, 2014):

- Clover updated to rev.2922
- HWSensors and HWMonitor updated to 6.11.1328
- ACPIBacklight updated to 2.0.3 to address backlight issues after sleep in Yosemite
- ACPIBatteryManager updated to 1.53
- RealtekRTL8111 updated to 1.2.3-dev2 to address Ethernet loss after sleep in Yosemite
- CodecCommander updated to 2.2.1, implementing further tweaks for automatic node detection
- Standard AptioFix driver replaced with experimental AptioFix2, native NVRAM is still functional without EmuVariable
- NeverHibernate flag removed from config because hibernation is now possible on Tiano firmware, by default SCT Package will set the mode to 7 (same as default mode 3, but with encryption disabled, because it’s not working on hackintoshes). You can still disable hibernation by choosing respective entry in Installation Customization if you really need those 4 Gb of space and care for SSD life that will outlive your laptop.

N.B. If your laptop behaves really slow (kernel_task takes all the CPU load) and temperatures are sky rocketing over 80C - reflash your BIOS using Pflash.efi method, but specify /cvar flag in startup.nsh to clear NVRAM store! This may happen after getting rid of EmuVariable driver with previous release of the package.

Thanks for this - adapted the SSDT patches to the 15z and temps have dropped by ~5C thanks to the _DSM procedures to remap the devices to Apple legacy ids. 

A couple of observations:

1) Will the L702x Nvidia Optimus method work (with modifications) on the L502x/L511z?

2) Doesn't the latest Clover (2922) also contain the AptioFix2 (from r2914/2915 on Git) or is this a separate patch?

3) What's the purpose of Device(BLC0) (smbus-ddcblc)?

Thanks

jkbuha

Hey, glad you could shed those 5C. Re: your observations:

1. Should work, provided the methods to control it are the same. 

2. It does contain the code, but not the pre-built driver as it is considered experimental.

3. No purpose what so ever. It's just that on Macbooks panel brightness is controlled using DDC, communication with display happens over SMBUS.. for us it doesn't but I still showed the code in.

just curious - besides enabling hibernation (i.e. boot from hibernated image) are there other plus/minus factors for using OsxAptioFix2 vs EmuVar?

was considering moving to this driver on my T420 (it works). Was looking for some feed back ... such as is there any downside? thanks.

just curious - besides enabling hibernation (i.e. boot from hibernated image) are there other plus/minus factors for using OsxAptioFix2 vs EmuVar?

was considering moving to this driver on my T420 (it works). Was looking for some feed back ... such as is there any downside? thanks.

Advantages:

- hibernation working

- native nvram working for preserving variables

- preserve kernel panic logs across reboots

- no rc script hassle

- snappier shutdown sequences due to no need of executing scripts and saving files

Drawbacks:

- temporary issues with nvram store solved by resetting using /cvar flag

cool! thanks. 

looks like the Fix2 functionality has just been merged into OsxAptioFix. I just built and installed r2928. I was able to removed EmuVar (and just have the new OsxAptioFixDrv-64 now).

note: good thing i saved a copy of nvram.plist before the update so i could reimport some the previous values!

hibernate works 99% on my T420 - the LCD screen is a bit jumbled upon boot from hibernated image. have to sleep/wake to re-init LCD properly. but personally i don't care to use hibernate mode anyway. but certainly the other benefits are worthy.

AptioFix still remains as a primary driver and it hasn't been merged with experimental Fix2, no commits indicate that. I don't see it happening any time soon either. So if you only got rid of EmuVariable and updated your AptioFix, means your nvram should be working, but doesn't imply hibernate should. I've seen reports on scrambled image on LVDS after hibernate from HP users, our DELLs do not exhibit such behavior, fortunately. 

On a related/unrelated note... Has anyone managed to get iMessages &/or FaceTime working with the new OsxAptioFixDrv by reinserting the MLB,ROM & UUID values *without* resorting to calling Apple?

It looks like all the fixes out there for inserting MLB/ROM/UUID values from previous working Chameleon/MacBook configs don't seem to work?

I'm leaving the support call as a last resort for when Yosemite is officially out...

@jkbuha - well something definitely changed ... since upgrading to 10.9.5 and Yosemite DP8 I had to use values for MLB and ROM from a real mac to avoid getting the message about calling support upon registration. None of the old methods worked for me either.  I added these 2 RtVariables to my config.plist vs set in NVRAM. 

Hi TimeWalker 

i used laptop Dell N4110 

I have some problems with my laptop 

first > 1. SSDT-2.aml in EFI ( Patched )

> 2. How to fix Freeze and Artifacts With intel hd 3000 

thank you reading it 

Hi guys!

First of all, thanks for this guide, this is the first one I find that even leads me to the installation screen. I have a XPS l702x and I ran into a problem...

I start the installation of mavericks, and everything is fine until the end of the preparation of the setup. I got the "One second remains" lag, and after looking around, I waited for 20-25 minutes and I pass through it, but After that I get the message "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again."

I asked google for some help, but everything I found doesn't work, I tried to:

1.Verify the disk

2.Erase it in HFS+ and GPT

3.Check the date in console, was the good one

4.Remove the second HDD of my laptop(the one having windows 7)

Nothing worked, does anyone have a clue about that?

Thanks!

@ supersonic_32 - Can you start with the following:

1. Where have you downloaded the Mavericks install?
  2. What are you exact specs? (CPU, Memory, hard-drive config, 3D model?, etc) Put those in your signature.
  3. How did you make the USB installer?
  4. What BIOS version are you using?
  5. What is the clover version?

@webcivilian

1.From app store

2. 8gb ram, 3d graphic card but not screen,hard drive gpt, everything else is the same as l702x

3. Exactly like told in first page

4. modded a19 to get uefi

5. r2932,

I did everything like told in first page of the topic for l702x and still get that error.

@anaymousnbs -  I don't get any artifacts. It could be that you have different screen. Try to remove the EDID string from Clover or the profile.

you have guide me try remove edid in the prolife ?

@webcivilian

1.From app store

2. 8gb ram, 3d graphic card but not screen,hard drive gpt, everything else is the same as l702x

3. Exactly like told in first page

4. modded a19 to get uefi

5. r2932,

I did everything like told in first page of the topic for l702x and still get that error.

1 download install maverisk restore usb with chameleon boot

2. change legacy bios > install it

3. install kext oke > install clover

4. change legacy bios > uefi

5 > enjoy it

Don't mislead people with guides contradicting original post.

Your artifacts probably are caused by the fact that one of the screens for 14R doesn't have a proper display override to this day, because nobody has ever bothered to provide me with one and since I don't personally own that particular screen I cannot test anything.

i got a n4110 and i don't have any problem with display. if im not wrong i think that i read TW saying there are 3 types of LCD for 4110 so he already had 2 EDID setting and missing 1. maybe you have the one that TW is missing.

A note file in DisplayOverrides lists the following information:

- AUO GP84R  - [6af:183c]  (produced late 2009)

- LGD 9DMK2  - [30e4:2e9] (produced early 2010) <— missing proper DisplayOverride
- CMO KJ303   - [daf:1464]  (produced early 2011)

If your 14R has that particular display model (see IOReg to confirm), then you will need to come up with a fix yourself playing with SwitchResX demo and changing panel frequency... 

WVmO5r9.png

If your panel is among supported, then my only assumption is that you haven't followed my guide.

@webcivilian, there is no longer an EDID override in config for quite some time now.