OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

So i got airplay to work. I did change the bios setting but that didn't work but i kept it as IGD.

After i editing the network plist and changed my bluetooth adapter to eth1 and the wired connection (that i am using for now until my wireless card arrives) to eth0. Airplay now works perfectly. I also managed to get imessage to work... I had to call apple and give them the customer code i was receiving. they added my UUID to allow it to authenticate. Facetime, imessage, app store, itunes.... all works perfectly! Interestingly enough i am also using a USA itunes account for access to things like hulu. took a while to setup and find loop holes but i don't live in the USA so it was a bit of a challenge.

Brush is a Chinese version of flash, I have deciphered your message :-)

Sadly no, there isn't as it's a bug DELL has. Maybe I can solve it one day...

Come on, you're amazing! Looking for a long time to find this uefi firmware.Also ask to install the DELL SCT OSX Support Package v1.0.4 chose HD6630M restart on a black screen, but can hear the sound, how this situation should be shielded hd3000?

So now after i Time machined this setup because everything is working flawlessly... 

I am inching to install Yosemite. Should i install this on another hard drive or would it be better to upgrade over and if something screws up i still have my Time Machine i can revert to? Is there additional kext or other tweaks i need to do to get the hardware working. The Dell post install utility seems to be compatible to Yosemite....

I am just downloading the beta now so its ready to go...

TW, I noticed that in order to boot from a YS beta or DP installation USB disk i have to copy a working EFI folder to it. when i installed, 2 YS installation appear on Clover one from the system partition and the other one from Recovery. i can boot from both to the system but sometimes doesnt boot, in order to boot again i have to select Boot with Injected kexts then run DELL SCT OSX Support Package again.

So now after i Time machined this setup because everything is working flawlessly... 

I am inching to install Yosemite. Should i install this on another hard drive or would it be better to upgrade over and if something screws up i still have my Time Machine i can revert to? Is there additional kext or other tweaks i need to do to get the hardware working. The Dell post install utility seems to be compatible to Yosemite....

I am just downloading the beta now so its ready to go...

I just installed it over Mavericks back when Public Beta 1 got released. Had zero issues, except rc.shutdown.local wouldn't run, but it won't be a problem anymore now that we have real NVRAM support.. Everything from 10.9 applies to 10.10 too, the package was already updated to provide general support. 

TW, I noticed that in order to boot from a YS beta or DP installation USB disk i have to copy a working EFI folder to it. when i installed, 2 YS installation appear on Clover one from the system partition and the other one from Recovery. i can boot from both to the system but sometimes doesnt boot, in order to boot again i have to select Boot with Injected kexts then run DELL SCT OSX Support Package again.

The recovery update 1 was broken when it was seeded, so on recovery partitions there are folders that shouldn't be there. This causes extra entries to appear in GUI. Mount recovery partition and only leave the recovery folder there.. no System folders belong there. I have a single disk and never had any problems after removing the failed recovery update mess.

@inter95 - to add to TimeWalker's note on Recovery - yesterday Yosemite DP7 along with Recovery Update v2 came out - and the Update 2 fixes any broken Recovery HD for clover. That is, you end up with just the single com.apple.recovery.boot folder in the Recovery HD partition. 

when i run KextUtility or DELL SCT OSX Support Package, both restore same folders that i deleted from recovery partition also if i run Mounter app, it doesn't mount EFI partition. in order to run DELL SCT OSX Support Package i have to mount EFI manually cause it doesn't mount it by itself.

I tested the new files and SCT OSX package beside the issues that i had it is working fine, now with the new pre-installation files Yosemite DP7 USB Boost disk installation is working good, it is booting with no issues on my system. I noticed that with Yosemite i dont have to do 2 stage installation process.

Note: about the problem that i mentioned above. I didn't have any problem when i upgrade from 10.9.4 to YSB1 then B2. the problem come when i did a fresh installation.

Interesting news regarding the L702x. I'm currently on a L702x 3D machine, you know, the nvidia only unfortunately. Would the support for the L702x include the 3D version? If not, how could I help towards this end? I'm quite into getting my machine running Hackintosh, but I keep getting into pitfalls even at getting the installer to boot up.

Timewalker,

I did an upgrade over my mavericks and sure enough it works great. I updated clover to the newest version and now the shutdown works perfectly as you said! :) My imessage still works too but a weird problem is that it doesn't work with a new profile once i create a second user but still works fine on my user account.... 

But everything works perfectly! i mean everything! you should have a donate button under your sig. so people can donate to your great work.

Thanks or all your time and effort.

NOTE: I fixed the imessage issue on the other account. well i didnt really fix it but ive rebooted the laptop a few times then tried imessage on the other account and it worked!

Interesting news regarding the L702x. I'm currently on a L702x 3D machine, you know, the nvidia only unfortunately. Would the support for the L702x include the 3D version? If not, how could I help towards this end? I'm quite into getting my machine running Hackintosh, but I keep getting into pitfalls even at getting the installer to boot up.

I will only include 3D model when Im provided with a working solution for it. So far only Optimus models are supported. 

Timewalker,

I did an upgrade over my mavericks and sure enough it works great. I updated clover to the newest version and now the shutdown works perfectly as you said! :) My imessage still works too but a weird problem is that it doesn't work with a new profile once i create a second user but still works fine on my user account.... 

But everything works perfectly! i mean everything! you should have a donate button under your sig. so people can donate to your great work.

Thanks or all your time and effort.

Donations are good if someone want to support me, but I don't feel like I did much to ask for them, a button would be offensive and I don't intend to ask money for what I do as I do it mostly for me. As someone would say: 

"I did it for me, I liked it, I was good at it and I was really ... I was alive"(you know who I'm quoting here if you caught up

One thing doesn't work and it pisses me off .. really. But so far I feel like it's a hardware issue with DELL, not something particularly OSX related. I've seen reports from 3460 about the same thing. That has to do with HDMI screens - when you have one connected restart and shutdown don't work if you leave the screen plugged in. On top of that the laptop always goes to sleep and fails to enter doze state when you close the lid. I have a wireless keyboard and MM paired so in reality it shouldn't sleep at all when I close the lid. It comes from embedded controller firmware and ACPI, so software like InsomniaX or Coffeine can't do anything. On the contrary, VGA screen when connected works flawlessly .. no restart and shutdown issues and you can close the LID and laptop won't sleep. So you can have it as a workstation. 

That, non-working Fn+F2 in UEFI mode and my lack of skills with Cocoa & objective C for fan controls are the only things stopping this machine from being absolutely flawless in OSX.

Hello TW

I have successfully installed Mavericks to my Vostro 3450 follow your guide. But Network is not working (I mean wireless network, I have not try with Ethernet cable) so I decide to try Hackintosh Vietnam Tool to install kexts & something.
And now I have a problem, I got boot-loop everytime. I can only boot with safe mode and I can't boot into the Installation USB to re-install Mavericks.

Hello TW

I have successfully installed Mavericks to my Vostro 3450 follow your guide. But Network is not working (I mean wireless network, I have not try with Ethernet cable) so I decide to try Hackintosh Vietnam Tool to install kexts & something.

And now I have a problem, I got boot-loop everytime. I can only boot with safe mode and I can't boot into the Installation USB to re-install Mavericks.

you need a compatible wireless card like NB290, DW1510 in order to wifi work. copy "Required Pre Installation files" to a formatted usb disk (Fat32) then try again with "Boot with Injected kexts" it doesn't work try with "Boot with Injected kexts without caches".

• Like 1

you need a compatible wireless card like NB290, DW1510 in order to wifi work. copy "Required Pre Installation files" to a formatted usb disk (Fat32) then try again with "Boot with Injected kexts" it doesn't work try with "Boot with Injected kexts without caches".

Can I use one USB drive (16GB) for Installation app and for UEFI Clover USB ? Is there any solution ?

I have lost my Pre Installation USB yesterday

Can I use one USB drive (16GB) for Installation app and for UEFI Clover USB ? Is there any solution ?

I have lost my Pre Installation USB yesterday

Yes, you can. but you will have to mount the EFI partition USB then copy EFI folder from Pre-Installation files to it. in fact i got mine like that.

Yes, you can. but you will have to mount the EFI partition USB then copy EFI folder from Pre-Installation files to it. in fact i got mine like that.

You mean partition the usb with disk utility into 2 partitions, then one for Clover and one for Mavericks

Updated: Now I have access to my Hackintosh and currently installing Dell SCT OSX Support 1.1.0

I hope everything goes well from now on. 

I have a question Inter95, do your ethernet works good ?

You mean partition the usb with disk utility into 2 partitions, then one for Clover and one for Mavericks

I have a question Inter95, do your ethernet works good ?

If you make your USB OS X install with Lion disk maker it should be GUID scheme. so EFI partition should be there.

Yes, ethernet work perfect!

Update: you don't need any other tool for Vostro 3450 to work. in my own experience when another tool is mixed with this guide something weird could happen.

Edited by Inter95
  • Like 1

If you make your USB OS X install with Lion disk maker it should be GUID scheme. so EFI partition should be there.

Yes, ethernet work perfect!

I've got the point.

For network, I think I should try with an ethernet cable before install anything else. I'm going to try Hackintosh Vietnam Tool again for kexts & utilities.

Do I need anything else for my Vostro 3450 to work perfect with OSX ?

Update:Finally I can boot into Mac without any USB. But I see some problems:

1. [sOLVED] When I arrive login screen, I've got a Bluetooth Setup Assistant asking me for a keyboard. Can't skip & login to Mac
2. Sound & Ethernet not yet working
3. [sOLVED] Using Dell SCT OSX Support but About My Mac doesn't show Vostro's image :D

4. And I see "SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload" or something like that I cant remember clearly

5. Screen not smoothly, in Launchpad, Notification, also in Safari, my screen is like blinking.