OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

The kernel keeps panicking right after "DSMOS has arrived" line, what does this mean? My research seems to indicate I need to patch the SSDT file for my processor?

Anyways here's my system:

Model : Dell n4110

CPU:    i7-2620m

RAM:    6 GB DDR3

HDD:    INTEL 530 240GB SSD

Edit: I just tried booting the Mavericks install, and I still get the same kernel panic. Are you sure running an i7-2620M doesn't require me to modify any of your clover usb files?

Edit 2: Any help please?

• Like 1

I don't see any kernel panics here, what I see though is message saying that AGPM is unable to determine the platform, which means that IGPU is not being enabled properly. Why is that? You tell me .. because it works for just about everyone here. 

People who are suddenly seeing Mac OS X in their boot menu and observing system freezes. The entry is created by boot.efi when laptop is hibernated, so that it could boot back into OS. Clover should be deleting this Boot entry upon start, if it doesn't happen chances are the NVRAM gets partially corrupted and freezes start to occur. I have been using Clover v2 rev2922 (what is provided with package v.1.1.1) with no issues, since changes to Boot entry parsing/adding have been introduced with Clover rev2949, chances are you will have the problem if you update the binaries. 

I don't see any kernel panics here, what I see though is message saying that AGPM is unable to determine the platform, which means that IGPU is not being enabled properly. Why is that? You tell me .. because it works for just about everyone here. 

People who are suddenly seeing Mac OS X in their boot menu and observing system freezes. The entry is created by boot.efi when laptop is hibernated, so that it could boot back into OS. Clover should be deleting this Boot entry upon start, if it doesn't happen chances are the NVRAM gets partially corrupted and freezes start to occur. I have been using Clover v2 rev2922 (what is provided with package v.1.1.1) with no issues, since changes to Boot entry parsing/adding have been introduced with Clover rev2949, chances are you will have the problem if you update the binaries. 

I uploaded the wrong pics, please see the updated ones above.

Try removing entry number 7 from KextsToPatch list, but I fail to see how this could affect just your machine, while other people are using the patch to enable HDMI audio and VGA out.

8d2e6e369e.png

@All

I have updated configs in USB files with InjectKexts=Detect to eliminate the need of *space trick*, hence removed the guidelines for this procedure from the original post. 

Try removing entry number 7 from KextsToPatch list, but I fail to see how this could affect just your machine, while other people are using the patch to enable HDMI audio and VGA out.

8d2e6e369e.png

@All

I have updated configs in USB files with InjectKexts=Detect to eliminate the need of *space trick*, hence removed the guidelines for this procedure from the original post. 

I tried that and got a different kernel panic. I also tried resetting NVRAM, and resetting to default bios settings.

mNYRHyv.jpg

Why are you installing 10.9.3, when most recent software is 10.9.5? What is the origin of that installation media? Is that an original image? 

I created using DiskMaker X from the .app file. It also panics with the latest Yosemite release from the store.

Well, if removing that SNB patch has lead to this, then try disabling Inject>Intel in config for now. I have no other options for you. 

It didn't work. Thanks for the help :). Please let me know if you come up with anything or want more logs or info.

Someone could enable Handoff?

MBP-de-David:~ davidrocha$ kextstat | grep AirPort

49    0 0xffffff7f81758000 0x14e000   0x14e000   com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40 (700.74.5) <48 47 12 7 5 4 3 1>

No handoff support for Atheros, and will never happen, considering only driver that supports handoff to this day is Brcm4360 and Apple no longer uses chips from this OEM in their products. 

Are you using the custom BIOS from the first post?

Yes

Try maxmem=4096

Maybe your un-paired 6Gb of memory have negative effect.

I actually physically removed the 2 GB RAM module from my laptop, but it still panics.

Edit: I was able to boot into the installer with the -x boot flag enable! What does this mean?

I fixed it! My i7-2620M CPU has a feature called Intel VT for Directed I/O(VT-d) which is enabled by default by the new bios. You have to disable this!!! Other people who have n4110 with i5-2410M or i3-2330M do not have to worry because they do not have VT-d support.

DLm0T7Y.jpg

I have managed to install Yosemite and the Dell SCT. However I noticed that the Clover bootloader that the SCT installs to my EFI partition differs from that of the Clover USB. I cannot adjust brightness and have no sound when booting from the SCT Clover bootloader. I have all functionality working with the Clover USB. Is it safe to copy the USB clover files to my EFI partition and use that instead of the SCT bootloader?

I never knew our BIOS had support for VT-d, so never added drop DMAR to table dropping list, perhaps I need to in next update.

Added, I just hope the table has signature DMAR, lol. Could you please re-enable VT-d in BIOS and re-download the Clover USB files?
USB files are only meant for installation and are incomplete fire running the system. I need additional data such as darwindumper report and ioreg dump to troubleshoot brightness and sound issues.