OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

TW, I do not know if you have modified CodecCommander but after a few reboot I lose the sound of the speakers, headphones still running smoothly. If I install CodecCommander from the previous package  that fix the problem.

I have indeed, custom delay may be required if your CPU is slower or some criteria is not yet met to send the verb, so I've made it use the Send Delay too on kext start. Please try this build attached, if it doesn't work try increasing default 300ms delay to 500.

CC-D&R_test1.zip

odd .. i can boot without caches perfectly fine. it shouldn't look for kernel cache when you boot in this mode.

So i did a full reinstall. with clover. I can now boot without caches no problem. 

I did the sudo touch System/Library/Extensions and rebooted. and i still have nothing :( i am starting to wonder if the car was no good. I did pick it up on ebay.

TW, I was having problems with overheating (L84 H90+)  mac was running very slow, almost in slow motion. i was thinking that the HDD was dying then i installed Windows as well Linux to see what's going on. but they ran with no issues. so I got back to the previous SCT OSX Package and now Mac is running like new.

I'm running the CC that you provided me and until now so far so good with no change (delay 300)

by the way I update to DP8 with no problem.

Just a complete private DarwinDump (blanks your serials) with current setup and with 1.1.0.

Also, dmazar has done something great for our firmware.. we now have hibernate working like on macbook, where if the power is lost, then it resumes from image. Will be included in the next SCT package I guess, if we figure out what's wrong with current one.

The only real difference I see is Clover version and the fact that TSC is determined inconsistently:

Calibrated TSC frequency =2292552433 =2292MHz (rev2909)

versus

Calibrated TSC frequency =2292557202 =2292MHz (rev2873)

This may be the cause of severe lag, but most certainly not overheating (though in the end figures are the same)

on boot i get 2 loops that fill the screen for about 2 min. it happen only in SCT 1.1.0

Sound assertion in AppleHDEnglne at line 4582

and the other one

BUG in process suhelperd[314]: over-released legacy external boost assertions (1 total, external, 0 legacy-external)

this is what i get without any running application  hot.png

UPD: ok, i let you know.

Edited by Inter95

same issues, i noticed that if i boot with injected kexts from the usb, it works normal but if i do with the one on the system doesn't. 

UPD: problem fixed! for some reason SCT 1.1.0 is not installing "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" in folder drivers64UEFI.

No, you don't have to ... 

Huh, really ? Didn't work as in, the result is the same as without EmuVariable and old AptioFix? This couldn't be because the machines are identical and so is the firmware, so runtime service handling shouldn't be different ...

Can you check that your NVRAM is being populated with variables when machine is lagging ? http://puu.sh/bFc3F/d007f10ad4.png

Means NVRAM is working .. but what is not working.

Can you please dump memmap with DarwinDumper and test3 AptioFix (no EmuVariable) to compare with mine .. I fail to see what the problem actually is but maybe we can pass it to @dmazar, because he's expert on these things ... 

My current setup is without EmuVariable and with the AptioFix2Test3 I gave you. The NVRAM contents will of course differ, but here are my temps for reference: 

88b2a77a61.png

While IDLeing goes even lower than 50C, which never happens in Windows .. ever.

651bf735cb.png