OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

4 - for some reason the CodecCommander that come with SCT OSX doesn't work properly in my system, i have to use this one

CC-D&R_test1.zip install it with Kext Utility v2.5.1

Are you absolutely positive on this? Because I've committed the changes from this test to my Git and updated the version to 2.2.1 and that is the version that is included with latest version of SCT package...

Hi All. Finally received and installed this wifi card for my dell l702x

But i cannot get wifi to work. I have installed the SCT package. 

From the dumps provided  I don't see the table for AirPort being in the system. It seems like it's not present in the patched folder either:

7:699  0:000  Inserting SSDT-2.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

7:699  0:000  Inserting SSDT-4.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

SSDT-3 is the table responsible for AirPort injection. L702x uses special routine of patching the .DSL before compiling and copying the table to EFI partition, maybe something is not being done correctly in the process. I would like you to go to /tmp/ACPI folder and launch the installation in the package and follow what happens to SSDT-3-BCM1.dsl table during the process of installation.. I think I might need to echo some stuff in the scripts to indicate the process... but that will have to wait.

I don't see the monitoring table anywhere either (SSDT-1).. did you remove it manually ? 

Also, a friendly advice - stop booting with injected kexts, you already have them in the system...

7:701  0:000  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other

7:701  0:000    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\ACPIBacklight.kext

7:706  0:005    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\ACPIBatteryManager.kext

7:717  0:010    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\CustomPeripheral.kext

7:723  0:006    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext

7:735  0:011    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\GenericUSBXHCI.kext

7:759  0:024    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext

7:770  0:011      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

7:779  0:008      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

Found the problem. lol .. 

BCM.dsl, instead of BCM1.dsl in the script .. will re-upload in a minute.

Edit: Up, hopefully addresses the issue for L702x users. Version was kept the same.

Are you absolutely positive on this? Because I've committed the changes from this test to my Git and updated the version to 2.2.1 and that is the version that is included with latest version of SCT package...

From the dumps provided  I don't see the table for AirPort being in the system. It seems like it's not present in the patched folder either:

SSDT-3 is the table responsible for AirPort injection. L702x uses special routine of patching the .DSL before compiling and copying the table to EFI partition, maybe something is not being done correctly in the process. I would like you to go to /tmp/ACPI folder and launch the installation in the package and follow what happens to SSDT-3-BCM1.dsl table during the process of installation.. I think I might need to echo some stuff in the scripts to indicate the process... but that will have to wait.

I don't see the monitoring table anywhere either (SSDT-1).. did you remove it manually ? 

Also, a friendly advice - stop booting with injected kexts, you already have them in the system...

Found the problem. lol .. 

BCM.dsl, instead of BCM1.dsl in the script .. will re-upload in a minute.

Edit: Up, hopefully addresses the issue for L702x users. Version was kept the same.

installed new SCT pkg and still no wifi.

latest dump attached.

DarwinDumper_2.9.6_Phoenix_Technologies_Ltd._X64_Mav_Domo.zip

well the kext file must not be loading. I have that exact card...

You don't have the exact card, as you are saying it shows up as BCM43227 in LSPCI, but it should be showing up as Broadcom Corporation BCM43225 802.11b/g/n.

Maybe they came up with a new revision of AW-NB290 and it doesn't have the same chipset anymore. Carefully read the label on your card, it should tate the chipset it is based on.

Similar story about the card not being what it should be and audio issues -> HERE

installed new SCT pkg and still no wifi.

latest dump attached.

I guess the problem is that you keep booting from the FLASHDRIVE or God knows from where, certainly not from HDD.. because:

1. Clover in package is rev 2922, not 2873 

Starting Clover rev 2873 on Phoenix Technologies Ltd. EFI

2. There is no longer EmuVariable in SCT package:

1:934  0:000  EmuVariable InstallEmulation: orig vars copied, emu.var.services installed, CreateEvent VirtualAddressChange = Success, CreateEvent ExitBootServices = Success, done 

3. There is not SSDT-1 showing up in the boot log

5:341  0:000  Inserting SSDT-2.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
5:341  0:000  Inserting SSDT-4.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

These two tables are only present for XPS17. 

You don't have the exact card, as you are saying it shows up as BCM43227 in LSPCI, but it should be showing up as Broadcom Corporation BCM43225 802.11b/g/n.

Maybe they came up with a new revision of AW-NB290 and it doesn't have the same chipset anymore. Carefully read the label on your card, it should tate the chipset it is based on.

Similar story about the card not being what it should be and audio issues -> HERE

I guess the problem is that you keep booting from the FLASHDRIVE or God knows from where, certainly not from HDD.. because:

1. Clover in package is rev 2922, not 2873 

Starting Clover rev 2873 on Phoenix Technologies Ltd. EFI
2. There is no longer EmuVariable in SCT package:

1:934  0:000  EmuVariable InstallEmulation: orig vars copied, emu.var.services installed, CreateEvent VirtualAddressChange = Success, CreateEvent ExitBootServices = Success, done 
3. There is not SSDT-1 showing up in the boot log

5:341  0:000  Inserting SSDT-2.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
5:341  0:000  Inserting SSDT-4.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
These two tables are only present for XPS17.

Am I not suppose to use the clover usb to boot into my mac osx partition anymore?

Steps I did prior to that dump.

Start up for Dell

Hit f12 boot menu

Select usb storage device (clover boot. Only usb drive in the computer. I am no longer using an external hdd for my osx partition)

In clover menu- boot osx from untitled HDD

Is this not correct or am I still booting wrong?

Thanks

You don't need the usb drive if you followed the guide and added a bcfg entry to nvram. All your problems come from using the usb drive, it's only meant for installation.

OK. I thought that step was optional (adding clover to boot menu). My mistake. I will add clover to the f12 menu when I get home and see if I still have problems.

i will install SCT again, then i lets you know. cause while head jack was working fine sound speaker didn't, so i reinstall the CC above and problem fixed.

UPD: i reinstalled SCT and now is stuck on boot after IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport

uhm .... means the graphics don't work properly .. try booting using the flashdrive files, renaming the folders and files accordingly.

wonder that the problem is, try to copy the contents of ESP (wipe your serials) to see what the problem might be

or DMOS hasn't arrived and you didn't wait long enough for caches to be rebuilt.

I'm trying to do the last step of this guide but when ever I press F3, the screen blinks but there aren't any hidden entries?

Edit: Ok, i did a clean install and completed the last step of the guide. Booted from the HDD through clover /f12(not clover usb) and noticed it took way longer to boot up (about 5-7 minutes)

and every thing is sluggish now.

Still no wifi and my intel graphics no longer shows up in my "about this mac"

edit 2: attached darwin dump. Also I was not able to enter my BIOS upon reboot.

Thanks

DarwinDumper_2.9.6_Phoenix_Technologies_Ltd._X64_Mav_domo.zip

Edit: Ok, i did a clean install and completed the last step of the guide. Booted from the HDD through clover /f12(not clover usb) and noticed it took way longer to boot up (about 5-7 minutes)

try to reflash BIOS with cvan flag

the card and label look same, the only different that i see is the sticker is on the other side of the card. mine has printed NB290 on the board that your pic is facing.

I attached a photo of my card... I must be doing something wrong...

Model: BCM943226HMB != BCM943225HMB

It indeed seems like a new revision, your card is not supported. 

Have you read the N.B. remark in the installer? Will repeat just in case:

N.B. If your laptop behaves really slow (kernel_task takes all the CPU load) and temperatures are sky rocketing over 80C - reflash your BIOS using Pflash.efi method, but specify /cvar flag in startup.nsh to clear NVRAM store! This may happen after getting rid of EmuVariable driver with previous release of the package.

You couldn't enter BIOS upon soft restart is a normal thing that happens on Tiano. You have to shutdown or just boot PFlash...

• Like 1

Hate to be bothersome but after a fresh flash (plash with /cvar flag) of the bios and install of OS x still can't get wifi to work. System profile still doesn't show intel hd as gfx card either (don't know if this is a big deal).

Added clover to the boot menu and now booting from hd, no injections. 

Any suggestions?

First of all i want to thank you guys for your amazing work :) It makes the installation so much easier!

The entire week i fighter with the I had issue with the slowness on XPS L702x non 3D. Yesterday I read the post  of TimeWalker flashed the bios with /cvar and it worked perfectly. The issue seems to re-appear sometimes after i boot in Windows 8.1. (I have 1 hard drives and 1 ssd with separate installations). Basically in 1 day i flashed the bios about 5 times. If i use only Maverick or Yosemite, the issue doesn't appear.

Optimus doesn't seems to work. No nvidia support shown to CUDA prefpane, even i start with Clover with Inject Nvidia it was loading the kext for nvidia but had only a black screen. The HDMI was same with a black screen. 

When i was selecting Inject Intel and Nvidia with check for EDID - no nvidia kext loaded. I may need to edit the EDID?!

My CPU is I7 2760QM with Nvidia GT555M 3GB (guess that the same as the one specified). If you need to test things i am available to help.

The good new is the Yosemite GM RC1/RC2/RC3 works perfectly, except Nvidia.

Update:

Optimus works :)) Yay - sort of :)

Clover -> Options -> Graphics (Enabled everything)

SSDT -> OptNvd Tables (Enabled)

Boot without cache and injected kexts. 

Dell Nvidia GT 555M appears in System information and also in CUDA prefpane.

However it seems that HDMI port doesn't work. Does anyone know how to make this settings permanent, (I am totally new to Clover).

Thanks

Well i started with custom settings from Clover (Inject Nvidia, also NvOptTbl). This is how i managed to enable it. Now i am trying some cuda tests. I don't care so much about 3D as much for CUDA. :D (Premiere CC, DaVinci ...)