OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

did you make a clover boot manager entry "bcfg boot add 3 fsX:\EFI\Clover\Cloverx64.efi" (where 'X' is the partition number on your ESP)?

if you installed windows 8 on an UEFI system there should be a folder named "Microsoft" inside of EFI folder on your ESP. i think that you got it go back and read the guide all you need to know is well explained.

yes sir I create boot manager so that I dont need the usb to boot in mac but I dont see any microsoft folder in it

yes sir I create boot manager so that I dont need the usb to boot in mac but I dont see any microsoft folder in it.

try this, boot with your win8 dvd and instead of go to install choose repair, then go to advance or something like that and go to command, in there. enter this command "bootrec /fixboot", "bootrec /fixmbr" and "bootrec /rebuildbcd"

try this, boot with your win8 dvd and instead of go to install choose repair, then go to advance or something like that and go to command, in there. enter this command "bootrec /fixboot", "bootrec /fixmbr" and "bootrec /rebuildbcd"

Its for MBR, this won't work. For UEFI you need to mount the ESP from diskpart and then copy UEFI BCD store there. Not a Windows support thread here, so Google around how to do this.

My computer freezes about half an hour using and i can only move the mouse, the rest freeze. I can restart the computer only by pressing the power button.

Very informative. DarwinDumper dump + IOReg + source of your Mavericks install media?

SwitchResX is showing up "Not Installed" for me. Like so: http://cl.ly/image/0x1W2s0g1R2R/i.png

Rebooting doesn't work, either. Is there something I'm missing?

Pressing Apply now results in same? In that case reinstall the demo, but first remove it with AppZapper or something

I´m back! Just had a huge mess up with my system (was creating install media via terminal, pointed towards Untitled and it was my Windows HDD, with like 6 years of files lol)

After reinstalling the system (and recovering my HDD content) everything worked great. Got now HDMI audio output and everything. I think I really messed up with my system when installed that kext. I will now stick to this thread only.

@TimeWalker75a: I tried to get an invite to that forum and could´t, even though I donated. However, I got my old account back. Do you still want the login details so you could post there? Can pm you.

I´m back! Just had a huge mess up with my system (was creating install media via terminal, pointed towards Untitled and it was my Windows HDD, with like 6 years of files lol)

After reinstalling the system (and recovering my HDD content) everything worked great. Got now HDMI audio output and everything. I think I really messed up with my system when installed that kext. I will now stick to this thread only.

@TimeWalker75a: I tried to get an invite to that forum and could´t, even though I donated. However, I got my old account back. Do you still want the login details so you could post there? Can pm you.

Ha! That happened to me at some point too .. and I've spent good 18 hours restless trying to fish out stuff from the disk I just formatted... Good to know everything is running fine.

I suppose I could use the login details to post in there, but as my Portuguese is lousy (as in, I can sort of read, because I know Spanish.. but writing is completely different story) I think my posts won't draw much attention. But I guess I can try giving it a shot. Please do PM.

• Like 1

I restarted the mac in my notebook and when my run into, the system no longer starts, gets this infinite loop! Has anyone experienced this? I do not know if there's something there, but I was trying to access windows pc which is in the room via the network from my notebook and was not having success, because it gave Fault!

post-956784-0-00973400-1395463500_thumb.jpg

post-956784-0-26098000-1395463672_thumb.jpg

I restarted the mac in my notebook and when my run into, the system no longer starts, gets this infinite loop! Has anyone experienced this? I do not know if there's something there, but I was trying to access windows pc which is in the room via the network from my notebook and was not having success, because it gave Fault!

Have you installed any modifications apart from those in the guide? Seems the mac can't mount you HDD, maybe after data corruption?

Also, tried accessing a Windows sharing network here, everything worked.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

My main problem is that the sound doesn't work at all.

I mentioned this soon in my post, because I also want to detail everything, and uninterested users can scroll on.

I tried following this tutorial and hoped to adapt it to my almost identical laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, alternative configuration and maybe extend this tutorial to all Vostro 3450s.

Configuration:

Processor Intel Core i7-2640M

Video AMD Switchable Graphics with Radeon 6630M (rebranded as 7650M) and Intel HD Graphics 3000.

RAM (4gb+2gb DDR3 1333)

Wifi Intel 1030

Ethernet RTL8111

Sound ? (probably identical to the other Vostro 3450s, ALC269. I don't have a Windows any more to verify this, will edit later)

To get things up to this point, I did:

1. Install 3450 Bios from tutorial link

2. In BIOS, modified the following:

• changed video card to IGP (Integrated graphics processor), to disable the Ati Radeo. Don't EVER select PCI, because it will brick your laptop
  • Disabled VT-d
  • Enabled UEFI boot, disabled legacy boot
3. I downloaded the Mavericks 10.9 image from AppStore on my Mac, and made an image using DiscMakerX.

4. I generated the attached SSDT.aml for my processor, and put it in the Extra folder of the installer.

5. I formatted my primary hard drive using GPT and installed MacOS.

6. After that, I copied the PKG from the tutorial to the memory stick that contained Clover, and installed it.

7. I rebooted the laptop, and booted without the memory stick.

Things that are working:

• Keyboard with all multimedia keys.
  • Touchpad with multi-finger scrolling, even disabling the touchpad from keyboard works.
  • HDMI out is instant, and the 2 modes commute instantly
  • Webcam roughtly works, although never tested it properly.
  • Ethernet works perfectly
  • Processor, RAM memory, video all work as expected, didn't do any stress tests.
  • edit: Card Reader also works.

Things that are not working:

• Wifi because of unsupported Intel board; will buy Dell 1702.
  • Sound is not working, and this is the only thing that bothers me.

In Preferences->Sound->Output, i have "No output devices found"

1st attachment: my output from "sudo dmesg"

2nd attachment: my SSDT.aml, renamed to NO.aml and zipped.

3rd attachment: a printscreen of System Information->Audio devices

If this works, I will test this tutorial on another Vostro, with i5-2410M.

Any help in debugging this is welcome!

Thank you, and have a good evening!

dmesg.rtf

NO.aml.zip

post-1328058-0-95565600-1396977850_thumb.png