My main problem is that the sound doesn't work at all.
I mentioned this soon in my post, because I also want to detail everything, and uninterested users can scroll on.
I tried following this tutorial and hoped to adapt it to my almost identical laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, alternative configuration and maybe extend this tutorial to all Vostro 3450s.
Processor Intel Core i7-2640M
Video AMD Switchable Graphics with Radeon 6630M (rebranded as 7650M) and Intel HD Graphics 3000.
RAM (4gb+2gb DDR3 1333)
Wifi Intel 1030
Sound ? (probably identical to the other Vostro 3450s, ALC269. I don't have a Windows any more to verify this, will edit later)
To get things up to this point, I did:
1. Install 3450 Bios from tutorial link
2. In BIOS, modified the following:
changed video card to IGP (Integrated graphics processor), to disable the Ati Radeo. Don't EVER select PCI, because it will brick your laptop
Enabled UEFI boot, disabled legacy boot
3. I downloaded the Mavericks 10.9 image from AppStore on my Mac, and made an image using DiscMakerX.4. I generated the attached SSDT.aml for my processor, and put it in the Extra folder of the installer.
5. I formatted my primary hard drive using GPT and installed MacOS.
6. After that, I copied the PKG from the tutorial to the memory stick that contained Clover, and installed it.
7. I rebooted the laptop, and booted without the memory stick.
Things that are working:
Keyboard with all multimedia keys.
Touchpad with multi-finger scrolling, even disabling the touchpad from keyboard works.
HDMI out is instant, and the 2 modes commute instantly
Webcam roughtly works, although never tested it properly.
Ethernet works perfectly
Processor, RAM memory, video all work as expected, didn't do any stress tests.
edit: Card Reader also works.
Things that are not working:
Wifi because of unsupported Intel board; will buy Dell 1702.
Sound is not working, and this is the only thing that bothers me.
In Preferences->Sound->Output, i have "No output devices found"
1st attachment: my output from "sudo dmesg"
2nd attachment: my SSDT.aml, renamed to NO.aml and zipped.
3rd attachment: a printscreen of System Information->Audio devices
If this works, I will test this tutorial on another Vostro, with i5-2410M.
Any help in debugging this is welcome!
Thank you, and have a good evening!