OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

No issues here on my end..

did you test with a 10.9.2 installation media?

Anyone here with 14R who has Windows 7 (or Windows 8, but not 8.1) installed and would like to try Accelerometer?

I hope you find someone before i get the HDD if doesnt, i can install windows7 to it and try Accelerometer.

well, I was just making sure the files from "Clover UEFI USB" worked to even start an installer. I've updated my Mavericks app to 10.9.2 just now, will use DiskMaker X to make a USB flash drive in order to test if it will panic (I don't feel like there is any reason why it should).

I hope you find someone before i get the HDD if doesnt, i can install windows7 to it and try Accelerometer.

I've tested with 10.9.2 - everything appears to be in order. I made sure Clover was booted from USB and not HDD (sometimes it tends to pick up confi.plist from HDD, at least it used to, now this seem fixed). I've made a flashdrive with new DiskMakerX 

http://puu.sh/7nZat.png

Then booted it with USB where I've put the contents of Clover UEFI USB.zip

http://puu.sh/7nYXj.png

And it booted to the initial install screen fine .. can't go any further as I have no spare disks to install to.

http://puu.sh/7nZex.png

Thank you, hope your HDD arrives soon enough :)

She clover boot logs, it will say whether nvram.plist is being read or not. We can't use real nvran due to a bug with runtime services in EFI, so we emulate it. If it says there's no nvram.plist then perhaps I would need to create one and chflag to hidden on it. The script permissions are defined in the installer, but sometimes they fail to execute for some reason. If boot logs are being produced in Console /Library/Logs/CloverEFI then rc.local runs properly

It actually says there's no nvram.plist, and also no boot logs in /Library/Logs/CloverEFI. My script's permissions are 644 root:wheel. I read in some place on the internet that there's no need to an execute permission for the scripts. What are the expected permissions? (EDIT: No scripts executed with execute permission set)

If you grep permissions for other rc. scripts you can see that most of them have 644 too, so no execution permissions. You can try 755 to see if scripts would then run, but they always worked for me with just 644.

MacBook-Pro:etc timewalker$ ls -l | grep rc.
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel     304 Oct 20 22:06 ip6addrctl.conf
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    1660 Oct 20 21:48 rc.common
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     894 Oct 20 21:48 rc.imaging
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    5647 Jan 23  2013 rc.local
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    5142 Oct 20 22:04 rc.netboot
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    1732 Jan 23  2013 rc.shutdown.local

I would assume it's launchd.

Yeah, some of them are... they will be printed if you have CoreStorage (Fusion Drive). The other are meant to echo into log file.

Try running them from bash, see if they execute and produce nvram.plist and logs in Console .. maybe the lack of files and directories messes the process.

I'd advice a clean install instead, if possible. Also try the above method as pointed out by @juliomota

I´ll try a fresh install later, will get my hands in a new HDD first (just try to correct first). I tried these days lots of different kexts, it seems that the only one that works in my system is this one:

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/616-alc269-kext-audio-by-ameersaeed/

I don´t have a clue why. Is every Vostro driven by the ALC 269?

In system info, my HDEF is this: 8086 - 1c20 - 6 series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller.

I am thinking of trying VoodooHDA in my system, but don´t know how much damage could it do to this system (speaking of kernel panics).

In system info, my HDEF is this: 8086 - 1c20 - 6 series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller.

i got same HDA Controller and it works fine. i suggest you to do a fresh install, installing kexts from another source is one of the worst thing that we can do, all you need are here, at this guide.

UDP: oops! i didn't notice that tw already answered you.

Yeah, most of them have 644 here either. I just tried again with 755 and no success... I wonder what calls these scripts, is it launchd? And also, I noticed some echo commands in these scripts, are they logged?

Have you managed to solve this?

Anyone else facing the issue of brightness level not being preserved across reboots (thats one of examples of improperly working nvram)? 

Ok, will do a clean install and later will give you updates. just have to redownload the installation package from Apple.

I think I have an old account. They are charging donations in order to be able to invite. Will do so and update you as soon as I can get an invite. Its not fair to just copy everything and not give any credit.

I'm not upset in any way, I understand that not everyone can read and understand English and perhaps Portuguese localization is a good thing to have, but they could have at least asked me whether they can take it and rewrite it... or better off pointed to original material giving some form of credit. But no - they are on their own, since I can't reach them with registration being invite-only.

Have you managed to solve this?

Anyone else facing the issue of brightness level not being preserved across reboots (thats one of examples of improperly working nvram)? 

No success. Google don't show any results on how to solve this. Also I noticed that others rc scripts are executed, like rc.common. I added a logout hook to execute rc.local.shutdown, so the nvram is saved every time I logout, including shutdown/restart.

Need to research this in-depth, because if it's not working for you after installing the package it probably doesn't for someone else here... 

Perhaps Mavericks ditched supplemental rc. script support .. but how am I getting Clover logs from rc.local on both my machines then .... ? 

Need to research this in-depth, because if it's not working for you after installing the package it probably doesn't for someone else here... 

Perhaps Mavericks ditched supplemental rc. script support .. but how am I getting Clover logs from rc.local on both my machines then .... ? 

How did you install mavericks on both your machines? My installation is a mavericks clean, I mean, I didn't updated from Mountain Lion, I created a bootable usb and installed 10.9 and then updated to 10.9.1 and 10.9.2. Also in reinstalled from the app in order to see if it solved this problem. If you updated from ML maybe there's a backward compatibility regarding rc scripts. I'll try later a clean install on another partition to see if then its solved.

I made a clean install on another partition and turns out that the scripts run well, so some mess up configuration on my main osx installation that I don't know. About the package, maybe it would be nice to add some commands to disable bluetooth auto seeking keyboard and mouse.

I made a clean install on another partition and turns out that the scripts run well, so some mess up configuration on my main osx installation that I don't know. About the package, maybe it would be nice to add some commands to disable bluetooth auto seeking keyboard and mouse.

I suppose it could be useful to a certain extent .. but then again, why not just go to Bluetooth setting and disable it?

7r60U.png