OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

I've sent you a PM with detail.

DELL Driver says N4110 supports accelerometer, but there's no accelerometer driver in driver downloads for I14R and there's no ACPI device for driver to attach to. So DELL has disabled this hardware functionality from the factory...

Good to know.

BIOS update for Vostro has been published to include new ACPI fixes and new Intel video bios.  Update via PFlash method.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2573233/mac0s_10.9/Dell/bios_mods/Vostro_3450_BIOS_A13C4.rar

Make sure to download new Support package and run it again, it will remove pre-patched DSDT and add necessary set of patches for DSDT.

BIOS updates for Inspiron are pending ...

Hi guys.

I am an owner of a Dell Vostro 3450, with AMD SG and 0GG0VM motherboard.

I came here after searching for hackintosh mods for mavericks (I used to have an old Gateway M-152XL with SL, but it was a long time ago). After having sucess and following this thread I decided to also contributo to you guys, making the project bigger.

My hardware:

Intel i5 2410m

8 GB DDR3 RAM (one stock module, one Corsair Value module)

2x HDDs: 1x ST9750420AS (750gb stock), 1x ST500LM012 (500gb)

Wi-fi: Dell 1702

Ethernet: Realtek 8111

USB 3: Renesas

Audio: ALC269

I had first little success with the previous package, had to manual install the kexts for the wi-fi, usb-3 (used GenericUSBXHCI) and the ethernet (8111, had to rename the adapter to en0 in order for the iCloud to work).

Now I have updated my build to your new package, which is OK. Just can´t get the HDMI Audio to work, the sleep function and the brightness control. Did all the patching, am using the A13 bios and set the FN keys to multimedia, as instructed.

The reason I am here is to provide you guys with everything you need for expanding the tweak, can and will test everything you need and provide feedback if manage to make more things.

Thanks!

For starters, revert back the multimedia key setting back to function keys. Your Renesas should work with next patches, no need for Generic XHCI

We just discussed 0GG0VM with @juliomota during these couple of pages. Make sure you flash the latest A13-C4 (custom) BIOS which is needed to comply with 1.0.2 version of the package.

For starters, revert back the multimedia key setting back to function keys. Your Renesas should work with next patches, no need for Generic XHCI

We just discussed 0GG0VM with @juliomota during these couple of pages. Make sure you flash the latest A13-C4 (custom) BIOS which is needed to comply with 1.0.2 version of the package.

Done all the things, made my system a little more speedy, specially during boot... NICE! Also brightness controls are now working.

After removing Generic XHCI, USB3 is working fine, I´ll test the stability later.

Just trying to figure out now the GFX0 -> IGPU that seems to fix the HDMI audio issue (according to the previous posts with @juliomota. It seems to already be in the config.plist, but still not getting it. Weird.

You don't need to alter anything, everything is preconfigured to run if you've installed the package and selected all the mandatory entries (and not pulled it apart and cherry-picked some stuff out of it). If your HDMI audio is not working (which it should, considering it's the same board) post your IOReg here for me to look at.

I installed everything mandatory, just didn't install the apps because already had done it so.

Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ycooujfehnh24e/Victor%E2%80%99s%20MacBook%20Pro.ioreg

You are using some kind of ancient outdated injector "2008 © Kabyl/Taruga" for your HDEF. Your layout-id is not 28 (1c) either.

Where is this coming from ?

If i am not mistaken, from an HDAenabler + IOAudioFamily + AppleHDA I first downloaded (before the final package) when trying to make everything work. Do you have the original version of the IOAudioFamily? I´ll try replacing it and see if it works.

tw, before the hard drive died (RIP :( ) i was trying to install mac from 10.9.2 installation disk, but it always get kernel panic with 10.9.1 didn't have that problem. now im waiting for a new 1TB hd. if you have any advice until i get the new hd, i'll appreciate it. because it will be a long workaround to get a 10.9.1 installation disk.

You were not supposed to get kernel panics, if you were getting them then perhaps the files posted in Clover UEFI USB.zip are somehow messed up. Or you were getting them because your HDD was about to die :|

You can always use BDU (BootDisk Utility) from cVaD, which you can find here, which enables you to create a USB drive with two partitions - one with Clover, another one with OSX Installation data from InstallESD.dmg (from Mavericks.app)

UPD:

Anyone here with 14R who has Windows 7 (or Windows 8, but not 8.1) installed and would like to try Accelerometer?

Apparently the driver for Windows 8 doesn't work with Windows 8.1 and it's the only Windows @Zprood has to test. The device appears but doesn't respond to motion.. so we are trying to figure out whether accelerometer is present or it's just an a phantom device caused by the installation of driver + added ACPI device.

After using the latest package with IGPU corrections (so a new EFI clover), apparently HDMI audio only works after I tell Clover to do so, with an extra key in clover's config.plist, that is Devices-> UseIntelHDMI -> YES ( the key UseIntelHDMI defined as boolean). It won't hurt to include this in the package :lol:

I've installed 10.9.3 beta D12 already .. not sure if it was updated, but you can try... 

Remove any kind of injectors and roll back kexts you may have, they mess everything up.

attachicon.gifaudio-D12.zip

No luck here, now can´t get any audio device. I remember first using that codec because the included AppleHDA didn't work for me. Anyway, I will try to get the OSX combo updater and extract other kexts from there. Any ideas?

Thanks dude.

After using the latest package with IGPU corrections (so a new EFI clover), apparently HDMI audio only works after I tell Clover to do so, with an extra key in clover's config.plist, that is Devices-> UseIntelHDMI -> YES ( the key UseIntelHDMI defined as boolean). It won't hurt to include this in the package :lol:

Fair enough - added and re-uploaded the package with same version number.

It used to be injected with Graphics>Inject>Intel, but after I updated clover to 2638 it was given a dedicated key...

i was using the new UEFI USB files from main post, after hd died i thought it could be hd issue and to be honest i hope it. i already have a 10.9.2 installation usb drive.

there are empty serial numbers in config... i will try booting my installation media using the files posted because tbh I haven't tested them myself. but I suspect it shouldn't matter.

UPD: 

No issues here on my end..