10.9 GM Released.

AsusFreak

282 posts in this topic

Damn. I really don't want to update my system from 598 to 603 because of my unsuccessful experience when installation hanged and damage file system(dp8->GM). But I have a question. Will I be able to download an update such as 10.9.1 using 13A598?

Yes, the 10.9.1 combo update.

All the best!

• Like 3

Wonder if someone would do an unofficial update package so that we wouldn't be forced to download another 5 gigabytes, but meh, I guess I'll settle for getting the GA build at the App Store once it's live.

this GM v2 seems to be available only for those who download the GM for the first time (mean by that with their Apple developer account).

now if we remember when the first GM has been released, some users have reported having updated their DP9 with GM via the Apple Sofware Update, maybe if we install DP8 (DP1+2,3,4...8), we could have this package

;)

edit:  ok, I'll try it and I'll let you know if this works   :P

edit2: no, it doesn't work   :(     

after DP8, I juste had a beta GM of OS X 10.9  

beta GM OS X 10.9.png

but it is the same build (13A598)

GM as an Software Update didn't happen until 3 days after official GM was released. One of the focus of this new build is updating the recovery partition, that would be why its another full installer. Although not known for sure, there is a chance that a598 might not be up-dateable later.

@artur_pt, this is a real update with updated kexts, apps, system files and UI changes.

• Like 1

Here you'll find all download links:

https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

They can be used to re-install software. Might not be the same for everyone, but give it a go.

p.s. I got a silent download on 17 october 2013 (Compatibility Update for 10.9)

• Like 1

Successfully updated to GM2 from GM1 by running the installer app (possible with Clover). There were messages in the install log about the recovery partition being updated, and even after all the files copied over and I rebooted there was still about 5 minutes of post-install work before I could get to my desktop.

Also noted that the kernel cache that the installer created didn't have IONetworkingFamily kexts loaded? I inject my ethernet kexts directly into the kernelcache with clover, and there were some dependency issues. Once I got to my desktop and rebuilt the kernelcache, everything was good again.

Overall, mavericks seems nice (I really like the new calendar), but it just seems sloppy. Some bugs I have found in the 1st GM are still apparent in the second:

- One page PDF scrolling is usually broken (resize it a few times to where it needs scrolling and you won't be able to)

- Finder search is broken (see screenshot). Spotlight works fine though.

- Time machine icon doesn't spin

And this just annoyed me:

- The Finder window on my install drive got resized to the default Finder window size, instead of the size I left it at. I've meticulously resized every one of my "entry points" to Finder to use the window size I want. if Apple's not gonna allow me to change the default, I'd prefer they not mess with my workaround either! (Seriously Apple, this is 2013- make the default a bit larger than what it was back when screens were only 1024x768!) /rant

post-199409-0-17041600-1382370816_thumb.png

post-199409-0-06107700-1382370830_thumb.png

• Like 3

Installed new GM and mail is still broken for me.  I use gmail and "store drafts on server' is default to on.  Every time I disable that setting it is reset to on when I restart mail.  This has been a problem since the first DP release.  Looks like I am stuck using thunderbird for now.  Yuck.

Anyone available to try something ?

I just installed the GM2, open itunes and go to the store, if i try to resize the itunes window it's really slow and jerky. Also if i open disk utility from finder, the open animation jerks.

Does this happen to you on Mavericks ? In 10.8.5 the itunes store resize is much better for me.

Also my idle cpu temperature is 10 degrees higher versus mountain lion.

The GPU also ramps up to 1ghz and never drops back to 380 mhz in idle.

Also my idle cpu temperature is 10 degrees higher versus mountain lion.

The GPU also ramps up to 1ghz and never drops back to 380 mhz in idle.

The 10 degrees higher is probably because Mavericks reads the LPC slightly differently. You need to inject extra data to make it work. See here.

Also, Kepler power management has been broken in Mavericks since DP4. No fix so far. Just hope nVidia fix it with their next web drivers.

Successfully updated to GM2 from GM1 by running the installer app (possible with Clover). There were messages in the install log about the recovery partition being updated, and even after all the files copied over and I rebooted there was still about 5 minutes of post-install work before I could get to my desktop.

Also noted that the kernel cache that the installer created didn't have IONetworkingFamily kexts loaded? I inject my ethernet kexts directly into the kernelcache with clover, and there were some dependency issues. Once I got to my desktop and rebuilt the kernelcache, everything was good again.

Overall, mavericks seems nice (I really like the new calendar), but it just seems sloppy. Some bugs I have found in the 1st GM are still apparent in the second:

- One page PDF scrolling is usually broken (resize it a few times to where it needs scrolling and you won't be able to)

- Finder search is broken (see screenshot). Spotlight works fine though.

- Time machine icon doesn't spin

And this just annoyed me:

- The Finder window on my install drive got resized to the default Finder window size, instead of the size I left it at. I've meticulously resized every one of my "entry points" to Finder to use the window size I want. if Apple's not gonna allow me to change the default, I'd prefer they not mess with my workaround either! (Seriously Apple, this is 2013- make the default a bit larger than what it was back when screens were only 1024x768!) /rant

Can you boot to Recovery partiiton by Clover (without cache/ injected kexts)? I can only boot after modifying BaseSystem.dmg and kernelcache, otherwise it only shows black screen, no messages.

The 10 degrees higher is probably because Mavericks reads the LPC slightly differently. You need to inject extra data to make it work. See here.

Also, Kepler power management has been broken in Mavericks since DP4. No fix so far. Just hope nVidia fix it with their next web drivers.

I fixed the problem by editing my dsdt to include the name, compatibility and other entities to my PX40

thanks for the info !! :)

Anyone available to try something ?

I just installed the GM2, open itunes and go to the store, if i try to resize the itunes window it's really slow and jerky. Also if i open disk utility from finder, the open animation jerks...

I have in relation with the lag animations the same on my MBPr with GM1 also my Hack i7 with 2X GTX670 I have te same

I don't have the issue with the clocks. I see 3 clock states of the GPU core. I have APGM loaded however.

Temps i don't know.

Does there somebody knows how to easily upgrade from 13A598 to 13A603 ?

Thx

Can you boot to Recovery partiiton by Clover (without cache/ injected kexts)? I can only boot after modifying BaseSystem.dmg and kernelcache, otherwise it only shows black screen, no messages.

First of all, make sure you're using the latest version of clover, and that you've got it configured properly.

Required reading: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Here's my clover setup:

- Clover is installed on the ESP, and booting in UEFI mode

- Recovery partition already existed before install (Used a script to create it from a thread on macrumors forums)

- Injected kexts: FakeSMC + sensors, AppleIntelE1000e.kext

To install from Install OS X Mavericks.app:

- Run app

- When the computer reboots there will now be three options for my drive: Macintosh SSD, OS X Install, and Recovery HD.

- Select OS X Install, and boot it selecting "with injected kexts"

- After the install finishes and reboots, this option will disappear. Boot into your main disk using "with injected kexts"

- Post install will run, and eventually you'll get to your desktop.

Apparently the AMD 6000 series has a problem with full acceleration on install media, so sometimes you must be patient as it will take a while to load the installer or recovery partition.

My machine is vanilla enough (with proper DSDT) that I can boot to the desktop using ONLY FakeSMC if I have to, and my (modded) BIOS has good support for UEFI. Obviously for someone who is booting legacy or needs some more serious hacks to get up and running, this process may not work for you.

You do need to inject FakeSMC and you will need support for internet or a saved copy of install.app to be able to use the recovery partition as its intended.

hello, i´ve got a GM2 AGPM problem with my macmini 6.2 and Nvidia GTX650. i used the iMac13 GFX0 from Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4.

<key>Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED</key>
				<dict>
					<key>GFX0</key>
					<dict>
						<key>Heuristic</key>
						<dict>
							<key>ID</key>
							<integer>4</integer>
						</dict>
						<key>control-id</key>
						<integer>17</integer>
					</dict>
					<key>IGPU</key>
					<dict>
						<key>Heuristic</key>
						<dict>
							<key>EnableOverride</key>
							<integer>0</integer>
							<key>ID</key>
							<integer>2</integer>
						</dict>
						<key>control-id</key>
						<integer>16</integer>
						<key>max-power-state</key>
						<integer>18</integer>
						<key>min-power-state</key>
						<integer>0</integer>
					</dict>
				</dict>

got 4 steps, 324/540/849/1060 MHz.

But sometimes it hangs at 1060 MHz and won´t go back to 324 MHz even if i stop all other kernel task.

is there something like MSRDumper.kext?

help would be great