10.9 GM Released.

AsusFreak

282 posts in this topic

My Realtek ALC887 works fine with VoodooHDA 2.8.4 in Mavericks 10.9GM.

In my case it also work fine with patched AppleHDA for 10.8.4 (Realtek ALC887)

No issues so far... :D

• Like 1

Andy, any idea why my trackpad stops after wake?

Probably something to do with the trackpad driver.

Which do you use?

It's probably PM related... (driver power management)

Yes.  Deny.  In the end of the usb stick builds myHack ask what to do

with the ApplePolicyControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext.

Remove it.  They are not necessary.

Do You really used myHacks ?  And when it ask, do You want use generic Extra or Your own earlier

Extra, do choice generic one.  Do not fix anything at starts, go only basic settings.  You can

later make any modification by hand.  Then You can find what goes wrong.

I believe, that Mavericks do not like older AppleHDA.

Tuure  -.-

Yes I used myHack 3.2 Beta 8. I selected the thumb drive and manually selected location (desktop) for Install OS X Mavericks. myHack did everything else automatically and did not ask for anything but MBR... which I said No as I did not think I needed that. Also I did notice that it auto removed those 3 kext you  mentioned.

I have no problem with Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H (ALC887). I have problems with Asus P5K-VM with ALC 883.

Did you mean that you already tried VoodooHDA with Asus P5K-VM with ALC 883 and have no sound?

• Like 1

Can someone tell me about an external USB sound adapter and a cheap PCI network adapter

which work out of the box in OS X? I mention I am totally illiterate in editing or patching DSDT.

I find long time ago this:

Biltema USB-äänikortti – mikrofoniliitäntä Macintoshiin halvalla :Macmaa

Text is probably a little bit difficult to read...  (this was sarcasm) ...but picture tells enough.  Inside there is C-Media 's made chip, which is used very widely.  Sound quality is quite good, s/n is near 100 dB.  BUT:  When machine is not on, chip (stick) make loud "hummmm" sounds.  Only after boot it is silence.  Design mistake ?

This stick is better than nothing, and good when You are tired to fix everything.  For period of transition.

My machine is always on, so this is useful for the time being.

===

Wireless is today, cheap pci network adapter is maybe old modish ?  How about some absolutely native well working usb / pci-e -wireless connection adapter ? Something like this:

The Best WiFi Adapters For Your Hackintosh

===

To Jack Butler:  Ok, I understand.  When the stick was ready, I update it with the last Chameleon, which is 2265.  Basic install with Chameleon wizard.  I try to use my old Extra folder, but this was mistake.  Somethings always goes broken.  Only generic Extra works and myHack.kext.  I early has been made system, which all fixed things was Extra and Extra/Extensions folder.  My system/library/extensions was pure, clean and so call vanilla.  Not even myHack.kext or something else.  This works well when I used developer preview.  When I install golden master...   well...  golden master do not like my Extra/Extension folder at all.  =>  I made clean myHack installation, boot, and yes, there was some problems with the disk in boot, but I have this kind like things:   ICY DOCK sisäinen SATA-kotelo 4x3,5" levylle, 3x5,25"-paikkaan  (I do not known right word for this)

Actually, I have two this like in same machine. Yes, things was expensive like hell, but this booting process was really really problems when the system was 10.4.3 beta something. I walk behind Maxxums footprint. Four my disk is now bootable only system disk (small 250 and 500) , and I must shut down others bootable disk and take out even my e-sata disk and external e-sata/usb2 -dock, but boot works after that. With the one and only disk in machine. (in on)  Later I start machine with myHack usb stick, and copy working and ethernet fixed mavericks for thee other disk again.  Now I can mess in peace again. Personally I do not need this spell, but have You try this in terminal:

diskutil list

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0    (<- in last your disk right number)

p

f 2   (<- again, right partition in disk)

write

Yes

exit

exit

Maybe this works for You ?  Chameleon lost easily which partition should be active.  Well, not Chameleon...  this "active partition mark" only tamper easily when something install again. If You partition or clean Your's disk, You lost that marks.

Start boot process with " -v -f  "-parameter, this can help too.  Verbose helps see where the boot stops.  But not always.

In my opinion Asus P5E should works, because P5E deluxe works.  I hope that this helps to avoid give up, this motherboard really should works.  Good luck to go on.

Tuure   -.-

If You are double booter, You needs fdisk440.  Google it.

I have tried MyHack which seems to boot but I never get to the installer. It hangs on blank gray screen.

I have read fast and badly.  You have not even make full working installer ?   Well...    1) Take another stick.  I use Kingston G3, that colour series. 2) take new version of myHack.  3) take new version of Mavericks.  4) DO md5 or sha1 check.  There is reason to use them.  In terminal:

openssl sha1 "path/file"

##  or

md5 "path/file"

##  compare results with the internet source.  <- Again: do that.

(You can drag and drop file in terminal window by mouse. Path born automatically. There is bug,

after name is empty space character, take it out = delete before push return.)

===

myHack 3.2b8 should works.  It does for me.  I update stick, when it was in my desktop, with the most last chameleon (2265). I use independent stand alone module to do that. Basic install. You can even do fix everything for stick by using KextWizard.  (I do not remember, did I or not. - After all... KextWizard is handy tool.)  Update same version of Chameleon everywhere in machine.  This is one source of problems.  Hope this helps. In myHack stick boot You can use "-v -f" parameter too. There is some kext now which broken boot. Many of resists kexts can move out without problems.  After all, they are "extensions" in litterally.

I wonder wrong and old Chameleon version.  Update same most new version everywhere.

Tuure   -.-

I tried VoodooHDA 2.8.4 and still no luck. All I got is just a pop in my speakers when Mavericks shuts down or restarts.

If there is a pop then the sound works. You just need to move Volume slider and plug your headphones/speakers.

• Like 2

No not getting past the gray screen... I have tried update/installing Chameleon-2.2svn-r2265 on the myHack stick. Also setting graphics enabler to No which dose not get me as far as the gray screen but reboots immediately after... took this pic booting with -v. I see some errors but don't know how to proceed.

pos-error-mav-p5e.jpg

Asus P5E DSDT fixes - Patches - InsanelyMac Forum

T  -.-

In my opinion...   reformat disk  (do You have more than one ?) absolutely, and

make clean new installation. Be systematic and organized what You do.

myHack should works.

I have 3 Samsung SATA drives internally and have been running this same setup for over 4 years as a Hackintosh. At this time they are:

320GB Windows 8.1 Pro

320GB OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5 (main OS that I work in)

1TB media drive that also has OSX 10.8 as backup OSX boot.

As far as the DSDT.aml, I have tried using the same patched file I have for 10.8.5 (in the chameleon Extra folder) with myHack and it did not work. I was under the assumption that I did not need to use this with myHack.

Hi

Does anyone knows how to fix the PCH Die temperature?

824r.jpg

I'm on Mavericks GM  Gigabyte B75M UD3H and I'm not cooking Pizza on my motherboard  :D

Hi Pulsar68  did you fix this issue  ? Ihave samme problems on z87m-d3h  i74770k  :ph34r:

I tried VoodooHDA 2.8.4 and still no luck. All I got is just a pop in my speakers when Mavericks shuts down or restarts.

If there is a pop then the sound works. You just need to move Volume slider and plug your headphones/speakers.

That, or just enable the half-volume fix on VoodooHDA's info.plist.

• Like 1

Hi

Does anyone knows how to fix the PCH Die temperature?

I'm on Mavericks GM  Gigabyte B75M UD3H and I'm not cooking Pizza on my motherboard  :D

Me too, and I've been complaining about this issue for months without a single answer from anyone. Mine says temp is 126C!!

The slice version of fakesmc and plugins work perfectly so I'm using them instead for now.

I hope kozlek takes some time to fix this issue.

• Like 2

Hi Pulsar68  did you fix this issue  ? Ihave samme problems on z87m-d3h  i74770k  :ph34r:

Me too, and I've been complaining about this issue for months without a single answer from anyone. Mine says temp is 126C!!

The slice version of fakesmc and plugins work perfectly so I'm using them instead for now.

I hope kozlek takes some time to fix this issue.

Hi guys.

No answer at the moment but... I think positive  :)

Reading around the web I noticed that this is a quite common issue/bug but I wasn't able to find any fix.

@ Dr. Hurt

Where can I find the slice version of fakesmc?

Anyway you are 126° and mine 127°... a bit colder  :hysterical: