10.9 GM Released.

AsusFreak

282 posts in this topic

Was it just me or does the Extra/Extensions folder refuse to work on my install? I have no problem with shoving things in SLE, it's just that whatever kext that's in EE doesn't load. I'm thinking that it could be the Chameleon bootloader that's at fault, but any ideas?

Maybe you need to add KernelPatcher.dylib. (Extra/modules/KernelPatcher.dylib)

Ok. Now I use GM. To my mind, I didn't see big improvements since dp2. AppleHDA is still popping(Even though the driver from ML works without any pops after waking up), I takes enough time to get sleep, etc.

But, nevertheless, I'm glad to have final version, so that I will be able to download  further updates.

I have installed Mavericks GM on Asus P5K-VM motherboard using MyHack 3.2 B8. The installer won't boot without -f flag, the installation went with no problem, I put back  in /Extra, the dsdt and the ML AppleHDA.kext modified for ALC 883. I got sound, all I cannot get is the LAN (Marvel Yukon Marvell88E8056® PCI-E Gigabit LAN controller). Can anyone help?

Not a perl script, but this has worked perfectly for me...

thanks this worked perfect i even got the pro version for free
all i need is a iCloud fix

edit: i got iCloud and everything else to work Edited by fantomas1
posts merged

Not having any luck getting GM installed on Asus P5E. I have tried MyHack which seems to boot but I never get to the installer. It hangs on blank gray screen. I have also tried the Vanilla guide (here) w/ the shared boot file. I am use to just building a vanilla installer in the past. I don't know why it's not working with Mavericks  :/

Here is P5E Deluxe with X48.

I used myHack 3,2 beta 8.  Normal generic Extra folder.  Deny all 3 kext.

Ethernet and sounds not works.  Ethernet is Marwell Yukon 88E8056.
I copy from older Yukon kext this:

<key>Yukon-88E8056</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon2</string>
<key>EnableLowPwr</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>yukon2osx</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x436411ab</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>MACNumber</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Model</key>
<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper SA</string>
<key>NetworkNumber</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>RxDeadman</key>
<integer>60</integer>
<key>RxRingGrowOnPause</key>
<integer>10</integer>
<key>RxRingSize</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>RxRingSize_100MBit</key>
<integer>128</integer>
<key>RxRingSize_10MBit</key>
<integer>64</integer>
<key>RxRingSize_GigaBit</key>
<integer>256</integer>
<key>TxRingSize</key>
<integer>256</integer>
<key>Vendor</key>
<string>Marvell</string>
</dict>

..and paste it  ˜/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Fix everything with KextWizard, and ethernet works after that.  AppleHDA was difficult, and I have C-Media usb2 sound stick.
It works out of the box.  AD1989b is better, but I was a lazy...  maybe later and with the better time.

Extra/Extension seems to not works this time, use instead myHack.kext and its inside.  I change last version FakeSMC, and
sensors works again.  (With HWMonitor)  I left Extra folder untouched, maybe later Chameleon use it again. Extra folder
plist file works.

I hope that this helps a little.

Tuure  -.-

Edit:  If You used Your's old Extra/Extension, there is maybe something like voodooHDA...    And I update MyHack 10.9 GM
stick with last Chameleon, which is 2265.  Try standard, pure and clean myHack install method without any older things.
Start empty table.
  • Like 2

Here is P5E Deluxe with X48.

I used myHack 3,2 beta 8.  Normal generic Extra folder.  Deny all 3 kext.

Deny all 3 kext?

Maybe I missed something in myHack but I ran it generic and did not use or transfer anything from the past.

for sound I don't use voodooHDA, I currently use AppleHDA 2.1.1 from vondriod in ML 10.8.5.

Here (P5E) it works with LegacyAppleYukon2.kext

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1i13xbl6aqx933d/LegacyAppleYukon2.kext.zip

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

tle 88 Thank you. 

@jackButler, when you boot from Myhack type "-f". Better use an USB stick with led to see if it is some reading/writting activity. After the grey apple logo screen, the next screen (grey) will persist even a minute. Don't panic since you see the USB led blinking. I have P5K-VM, it is very close to your MB.

When you install OS X, there are other 2 moments of stall:

1. at about 90%, before myhack interrogation if you want a default extra and the warnings about recommendation of deleting some kexts - follow myhack indications.

2. at 99% - less than a minute - the installer can hang again a minute or more and no disk activity, just be patient. 

Deny all 3 kext?

Yes.  Deny.  In the end of the usb stick builds myHack ask what to do

with the ApplePolicyControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext.

Remove it.  They are not necessary.

Do You really used myHacks ?  And when it ask, do You want use generic Extra or Your own earlier

Extra, do choice generic one.  Do not fix anything at starts, go only basic settings.  You can

later make any modification by hand.  Then You can find what goes wrong.

I believe, that Mavericks do not like older AppleHDA.

Tuure  -.-

I tried everything until now. No chance of having LAN and sound, interesting I had sound yesterday but now I can't fix it. I give up. Can someone tell me about an external USB sound adapter and a cheap PCI network adapter which work out of the box in OS X? I mention I am totally illiterate in editing or patching DSDT.

I tried everything until now. No chance of having LAN and sound, interesting I had sound yesterday but now I can't fix it. I give up. Can someone tell me about an external USB sound adapter and a cheap PCI network adapter which work out of the box in OS X? I mention I am totally illiterate in editing or patching DSDT.

My Realtek ALC887 works fine with VoodooHDA 2.8.4 in Mavericks 10.9GM.

• Like 1

VoodooHDA.kext-v.2.8.4.zip

• Like 1