10.9 GM Released.

AsusFreak

282 posts in this topic

Me too, and I've been complaining about this issue for months without a single answer from anyone. Mine says temp is 126C!!

The slice version of fakesmc and plugins work perfectly so I'm using them instead for now.

I hope kozlek takes some time to fix this issue.

thanks DR Hurt I try the slice versions and its work on z87  :P  :D

Over9000.jpg

Well, I can't help but say that it's over 9000 lol. On a more serious note, is anyone else not getting an unsigned kext warning? I do get console logs regarding invalid sigs but not a message box like in the DPs.

Lol. Cool pic btw.

I like Dragonball Z too :D

• Like 1

Hi Andy :D

And what are you guys talking about? I never got any unsigned kext popups, not in the DP, and not with the GM either. My hack kexts are FakeSMC, patched AppleHDA, and while I was running the DP, a few patched NVIDIA kexts, though by the time I installed GM I had switched to ATI.

EDIT: looking through Console log, I saw this:

10/11/2013 7:41:21.312 AM com.apple.kextd[14]: kext net.tunnelblick.tun  100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

But nothing about my OSx86 kexts. (Tunnelblick is my VPN app btw)

Early betas would always ask about any non-apple kexts and i would just allow them to load. in the later betas, 6, 7, and 8 i did not get any pop ups about allowing the kexts but they were listed in a excludedkexts.plist in startup caches folder, i also had a notallowed plist in caches folder that listed VoodooPState.kext but the kext was always loaded and i had no problems with it. In the gm build i noticed during install that they listed JmicronATA and all ATTO kexts as excluded. I think now if they have added their own system kexts to the excluded list that we will not have any problem with kext signing in the near future like so many people wanted to predict.

update: those system kexts are excluded because they are either unsigned or listed as from Identified Developer. The signed apple kexts that i made edits to are now listed as unknown. 

• Like 1

>> JackButler : As far as the DSDT.aml, I have tried using the same patched file I have for

>> 10.8.5 (in the chameleon Extra folder) with myHack and it did not work. I was under the

>> assumption that I did not need to use this with myHack.

Older dsdt files should works normally.  In this time seems that no Extra/Extension kexts-files not load anymore.

System loads only extension from s/l/e, and needs code signature OR that, at this exceptions are listed in

AppleKextExcludeList.kext.  Because this kext is too code signatured, You can not put Yours own kext

there. It is not so easy.

In future this community find how to resolve this signature problem or not.  After all, we have 10.8.5 and

it is really good quality system too.

In my opinion is, that Yours usb stick, where You try to build myHack installer disk is bad.  Stick is

important thing, more important than many understands.  Yours stick try to emulate disk, and every

software structure should find there too.  Many stick manufacturers says: "this stick works with every

system"...  and after that You can think: "Ahaa...  there is stick which maybe not do that.  Okay... "

Advice: Take other better stick.  MyHack program works well, and Your motherboard really is mavericks

compatible.

Tuure  -.-

• Like 1

just to update and thank people in this thread for their time and help, the issue i had (not getting as far as the installer screen) was drivers.... solved here thanks to Rampage Dev.

I probably have more to solve but making progress finally.

• Like 1

Anyone experienced net printing issues? Been patient since DP1 to wait 'till GM for this issue to go away but never did. Anyway I can add a network printer shared from a Windows XP server but I cannot print to it. BTW, this had been working fine under SL, Lion and ML. I get the following errors now (pls.  see screen shots below)...

post-651441-0-29381000-1381622393_thumb.png

post-651441-0-49725000-1381622414_thumb.png

Older dsdt files should work normally.  In this time seems that no Extra/Extension kexts-files not load anymore.

System loads only extension from s/l/e, and needs code signature OR that, at this exceptions are listed in

AppleKextExcludeList.kext.  Because this kext is too code signatured, You can not put Yours own kext

there. It is not so easy.

In future this community find how to resolve this signature problem or not.  After all, we have 10.8.5 and

it is really good quality system too.

So that explains things. The chameleon and smbios plist files are read by the system as usual, but not the extensions as with previous versions of OS X. Anything else that's shoved into S/L/E gets loaded or at least read regardless of being signed or not, but unsigned or tampered kexts would turn up with a warning on the Console.

I have kernel_task problem on my macbook air when I installed the GM ver, the kernel_task process take 100% of the CPU for a long time, I found when I unload the OSvKernDSPlib.kext, it will be fine, but i can't use audio, Can you help me? thanks very much.

PS: I try to use the 10.8.5's OSvkernDSPlib.kext , but it failed.

Or I just wait for new update.

Edited by BlackLotus

So that explains things. The chameleon and smbios plist files are read by the system as usual, but not the extensions as with previous versions of OS X. Anything else that's shoved into S/L/E gets loaded or at least read regardless of being signed or not, but unsigned or tampered kexts would turn up with a warning on the Console.

If I look at the list of Extensions from System Profiler I see that a couple of "Not Signed" kexts including Andy's AnyAppleUSBMouse.kext are listed as being "not loaded" although in fact they are being loaded.   Other "Not Signed" kexts such as FakeSMC.kext are listed as being loaded.

The same version of Andy's AnyAppleUSBMouse.kext is listed in the Info.plist of AppleKextExcludeList.kext, as too is FakeSMC.kext but of course I edited the Info.plist of AnyAppleUSBMouse.kext when I added my own Mouse IDs.

Looking at /S/L/caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup I see some interesting .plist files:

excludedkextalert.plist

loadedkextmt.plist

invalidsignedkextalert.plist

All of these start with "Alerts sent" and contain more or less what would be expected.

The latest version of Little Snitch 3 for Mavericks has its signed .kext in /Library/Extensions and not /S/L/E

Am I right in thinking that Mavericks will load unsigned .kexts in /S/L/E with a warning but that non-apple signed .kexts will only be loaded from /Library/Extensions?

Without wishing to be too alarmist I'm guessing that eventually, perhaps by 10.10 Syrah, /S/L/E will be read-only and third-party .kexts will need to be signed with a developer ID and loaded from /Library/Extensions.

It will be interesting to see how this progresses.

You are not right in thinking non-apple signed kexts will only be loaded from /Library/Extensions/. There is no problem in loading unsigned kexts and an alert is just that, an alert. Its to let the user know that the kexts being loaded are not signed and asking for you to agree that they can load. This is a warning and not a problem. /Libraray/Extensions/ is meant for supporting program kexts but has never really been utilized much before, this is nothing new.

In my GM install i only have loadedketmt.plist but in the earlier DP builds i did have the other plists. 

If we do look ahead to 10.10 with your thinking, do you propose that any of the current apps being used with unsigned kexts will not be able to run because these kexts have not been updated with proper kext signing?

You are not right in thinking non-apple signed kexts will only be loaded from /Library/Extensions/. There is no problem in loading unsigned kexts and an alert is just that, an alert.

Yes, I know that unsigned kexts will load from /S/L/E, however I'm drawing a distinction between unsigned kexts and kexts signed with an identified Developer Id which is not Apples.  I do not believe that these will load from /S/L/E, I think that for them to load they must be in /Library/Extensions.

If we do look ahead to 10.10 with your thinking, do you propose that any of the current apps being used with unsigned kexts will not be able to run because these kexts have not been updated with proper kext signing?

I would say that this is a distinct possibility for the long term.  However I imagine that Apple will encourage developers to sign their kexts and have them loaded from /Library/Extensions.

In another thread i pointed out that apple ATTO kexts are loaded fine and they are some the ones listed as from Identified Developer and you can look to daemonES JmicronATA kext which was adopted by apple and used since 10.4 is unsigned and none of these have any problem loading. Any kexts that you make edits to will break the signing and be shown as from Unknown and these too are also loaded without issue. If we look back to when all this FUD actually started in the wwdc you can note that apple claims any kexts used in /Library/Extensions/ in the future "must" be signed to load.

All of this is rumored and heresy until its actually implemented and even if it is we will figure a way around it. 

Edit: Ive had a hard time believing any of this since the start simply because up until this last WWDC Apple has encouraged driver and kext development with the ease of using Xcode and supplies everything needed to accomplish this.

• Like 1