Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Didn't work either. Same behaviour. Its "injected" in bdmesg but I don't see anything in kextstat.

Kexts injected into BIOS doesen't appear into kextstat, try "bdmesg" to see ozmosis bootlog.

For "bdmesg" to work you have to install Clover which contains the module.

You're right, the don't appear over "System Information > Extensions" menu but they are listed into kextstat. My bad.

Actually I don't see the point of putting AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, FakePCIID...into BIOS. we have EFI partition and its working perfectly.

For AppleALC to work into EFI we have to Remove SMC from BIOS or wait for Oz update.

Got Ozmosis running thnx to Crusher. who fixed my rom. Very happy.
Only odd thing is that Gpu speedstep is not working after system sleep/wake (gtx660 + Web driver). Get high gpu temps.
Don’t have this with Clover or Chameleon. Remember this issue from 10.9.1 and 10.9.2. After that Nvidia or Apple fixed the issue.
Maybe there’s some conflicting info in my Ssdt/dsdt. Used from Rampage dmg. Removed nvidia part from it to test. Need it for usb fixes.
Still learning the Ozmosis possibilities. so might be something else that's not right.
Do other have the same issues with Nvidia?

Ssdt.zip

Hi All,

I have a Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH which I have flashed with the F6 BIOS that I injected Ozmosis 167X into. I have also tried some of the premade builds of this BIOS from other users of the UD7TH but I am having a rather odd experience. I am starting to wonder if it is the board itself.

Essentially flashing the BIOS goes fine. The problem is - once flashed, I configure my BIOS and try to boot from the Vanilla OS X Installer USB. When I do this I get what is almost an instant reboot or it just hangs on the Apple Logo without loading anything more. The activity goes dead on the USB after about one second and I don't get any white loading progress bar. This USB works fine on my MacBook and boots to the installer without issue. What is also odd is if I enable the SATA port with my Clover install - Then Clover operates normally. I remember this not working with my older board.

Does anyone have any insight into how I may troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

If you are installing El Capitan, your ports may be getting disabled on boot. which is "normal". You need some kexts to make it work. If you want send me your current bios and I will send it to you with my drivers injected.

I have two questions:

1.) If you don't have shell efi in your bios and if you want to remove a file from Efi/Oz/ then how do you do it through terminal?

2.) How can I log into efi shell in gigabyte board as I can't see any shell64 efi in gigabyte bios..or should I add hermitshell for the same?

Thanks

I have two questions:

1.) If you don't have shell efi in your bios and if you want to remove a file from Efi/Oz/ then how do you do it through terminal?

2.) How can I log into efi shell in gigabyte board as I can't see any shell64 efi in gigabyte bios..or should I add hermitshell for the same?

Thanks

Hi,

Copy HermitShell64.efi in /EFI/BOOT  and rename it to BOOTX.64.efi

In UEFI bios mode, at boot your MB will launch BOOTX64.efi

Fred

Hi,

I have one question regarding Osmosis:

¿Is there a way to make on-the-fly patches (KernelAndKextPatches) like in Clover? 

My hackintosh is working perfectly but for ALC892 and HMDI Audio to work I had to apply binay patch (modding original Kexts). When I used Clover my OSX install was perfectly without modding any kexts in S/L/E.

Sorry for my bad English.

DoGuiTTo

Hi,

I have one question regarding Osmosis:

¿Is there a way to make on-the-fly patches (KernelAndKextPatches) like in Clover? 

My hackintosh is working perfectly but for ALC892 and HMDI Audio to work I had to apply binay patch (modding original Kexts). When I used Clover my OSX install was perfectly without modding any kexts in S/L/E.

Sorry for my bad English.

DoGuiTTo

I hink on next release you have a kextandkernelpatches.

For ALC892 use AppleALC or vHDA of hermit crabs lab.

If you are installing El Capitan, your ports may be getting disabled on boot. which is "normal". You need some kexts to make it work. If you want send me your current bios and I will send it to you with my drivers injected.

pmcano - I'm having the same problem with the same board - Z97x-UD7TH, with Ozmosis 167x.F6 flashed. I'm running Yosemite fine, but want to update to El Capitan. My El Capitan install USB (Vanilla) crashes BEFORE the apple logo appears. Immediate re-boot. The USB boots my MacBook, so do you think my ports are getting disabled on boot? I'm also using Nvidia GeForce 960 GPUs in the build, and I'm wondering if perhaps that's the reason for the crash?