Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

You are right, sorry. Yes with shift im pretty sure I have booted before.

Anyway you can always take out the video card and set the boot args and plug it back. Or make a defaults plist and put it in the efi partition

I have just installed GTX 960 to my machine and after Apple logo it is in restarting loop..so

Is there any way to add nv_disable=1 in boot arg without revising Ozmosisdafults in bios and without an EFI shell?? actually I don't have EFI shell in bios..

I have tried single user mode and entered 

sudo nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="nv_disable=1"

But no effect..

Any option??

Boot in single-user mode

Edit com.apple.boot.plist (in /Library/System/Preferences/SystemConfiguration .. form memory)  and add nv_disable=1 to boot-args

when you are ready to re-enable nvidia web drivers just remove it

Hi guys.

I reset NVRAM, but on my EFI partition I still have EFI/Efi/Quo - no Oz folder:

image-2.png

None of my kexts in EFI/Efi/Quo/Darwin/Extensions/Common are loading. So I have no sound (no Voodoo devices detected), and no USB 3 fix because FakePCIID isn't loading.

And I can't get NVIDIA drivers to load. I've reinstalled them and typed 

sudo nvram boot-args="nvda_drv=1"

...but the drivers don't seem to work. The NVIDIA manager doesn't see my EVGA GTX 960s:

image-3.png

even though my computer recognizes them:

image.png

Finally, my system definition changed to iMac 14,2 - it used to be Mac Pro 3,1.

Please, any solutions?

@Download-Fritz You were right. The Oz folder was in disk4s1, a different internal disk I use for storage. I don't know why. My voodoo kext loads from that location, so that must be the ESP Oz is using.

I am booting into OS X, and NVIDIA drivers are recognized.

However, my defaults.plist in EFI/Efi/Oz doesn't seem to be loading. I'm trying to change the system definition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foz Oz to properly operate, you have to plug main boot drive to SATA 0. After that Oz will recognize EFI partition with all its content properly. (Defaults.plist, kexts etc. Don't forget to copy all the content).

That's the thing: my startup drive is plugged in to SATA 0. Which is why there was a Quo file structure on the EFI from back when I installed Oz 894. Apparently instead of changing that file, Oz created a different one on another SATA disk. Weird.