Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

A Darwin kext will never fix a UEFI issue, c'mon...

Um, what are you talking about? I mean, I'm lost on who are you taking to, and about what kext for what issue? In case is to me/alecwild, could you clarify?

He sais the PC restated before the Apple logo appeared, so clearly before or at early boot.efi execution. Hence neither SIP nor a random kext are going to help (assuming he described the problem correctly).

Only way to know what is going on is debugging, e.g. DumpUefiCalls.

Fair enough, however I went through the same thing with another user earlier in the post and I was out of ideas (because I honestly don't know how to DumpUefiCalls or what does that help with anyway) and I kept telling him to disable SIP. He posted later that SIP was the problem after all. :/

To avoid this problems you have to use a USB 2.0 port on OS X install. Then you can install FakePCIID kexts for USB 3.0 or place them into EFI partition Darwin / Common folder (ozmosis folder).

I don't recommend placing them into the BIOS. My EFI partition looks like this: 

For SIP i use parameter 127 (0X7F).

post-498209-0-02672700-1461309478_thumb.png

To avoid this problems you have to use a USB 2.0 port on OS X install. Then you can install FakePCIID kexts for USB 3.0 or place them into EFI partition Darwin / Common folder (ozmosis folder).

I don't recommend placing them into the BIOS. My EFI partition looks like this: 

For SIP i use parameter 127 (0X7F).

Kynyo, I don't have a USB 2.0 port on my board. Why shouldn't I put FakePCIID kext in the BIOS?

If you put your PC specs on signature form I will see that your board doesen't have a USB 2.0. At least you could try to temporary disable XHCI mode (xhci mode disabled) from UEFI BIOS. And all the USB port will become 2.0.

If you put your PC specs on signature form I will see that your board doesen't have a USB 2.0. At least you could try to temporary disable XHCI mode (xhci mode disabled) from UEFI BIOS. And all the USB port will become 2.0.

Disabling XHCI did not work. This time I got the Apple logo, but crash/restart happened immediately.

How do you disable SIP? It's not a setting in BIOS...

I actually use a custom SIP configuration (0X7F) 127. See the screenshot. The encryption it's finished. 

A minus it's that when FV it's enabled i can't access EFI partition anymore.

With SIP 127 parameter even XtraFinder it's working.

post-498209-0-96587300-1461397121_thumb.png

post-498209-0-58912600-1461397122_thumb.png

post-498209-0-69972500-1461397215_thumb.png

Got Ozmosis running thnx to Crusher. who fixed my rom. Very happy.

Only odd thing is that Gpu speedstep is not working after system sleep/wake (gtx660 + Web driver). Get high gpu temps.

Don’t have this with Clover or Chameleon. Remember this issue from 10.9.1 and 10.9.2. After that Nvidia or Apple fixed the issue.

Maybe there’s some conflicting info in my Ssdt/dsdt. Used from Rampage dmg. Removed nvidia part from it to test. Need it for usb fixes.

Still learning the Ozmosis possibilities. so might be something else that's not right.

Do other have the same issues with Nvidia?

Hi, ever since upgrading from Yosemite to El Capitan, my GTX660 stays on max clocks after wake.

For now, a workaround is that I keep the system running all day long never set to sleep. Not ideal though - especially after it was working perfectly for many years.

I have a GA-Z77N-WIFI, BIOS F3 with Ozmosis 1669M. PJALM DSDT fixes for this mobo and generic discrete GFX, SSDT created with ssdtPRGen.

iMac13,2 system definition.

I've not found a solution to this problem, Nvidia web drivers make no difference.

Thanks to this thread, I was able to update to El Capitan.

Disabling SIP and XHCI was the solution to mounting the USB Installer.

Some questions:

1. Now when I re-enable XHCI (XHCI=Auto) , several of my USB ports stop working. Should I leave it disabled?

2. Should I re-enable SIP? If so, how?

3. I loaded FakePCIID into my EFI partition, along with VoodooHDA and others, but they don't seem to be loading:

EFI_Shot.png

Can anyone advise me?

Hi, ever since upgrading from Yosemite to El Capitan, my GTX660 stays on max clocks after wake.

For now, a workaround is that I keep the system running all day long never set to sleep. Not ideal though - especially after it was working perfectly for many years.

I have a GA-Z77N-WIFI, BIOS F3 with Ozmosis 1669M. PJALM DSDT fixes for this mobo and generic discrete GFX, SSDT created with ssdtPRGen.

iMac13,2 system definition.

I've not found a solution to this problem, Nvidia web drivers make no difference.

Hi J1mmyS,

Thats good info. thnx for posting.
Wanted to upgrade anyway.

T2M

At first I wasn't sure about replacing the CSMVideo module with one from another manufacturer but I figured I'd give it a shot. And I'm glad I did.

14:239 00:343 Setup Graphics Mode 1920 x 1080 (4)

It works perfect! Thanks  :guitar:

@Riley Freeman

Nice to hear that. Hi Riley, I have Asus H67-M with 1280x1024 due to hermitcsmvideo.ffs. Can I insert another csmvideo module to get full resolution? If yes, how to insert? Compress or uncompress?

Thanks in advanced!

I'm sure at some point I used the csm module from Ozmosis too so I'm surprised it's not giving you more resolutions. But the Gigabyte one worked for me, as did later ones from Asus.

With MMTool you can replace the existing one. I don't think it really matters if you inject it compressed or not. It'll just take up more space if you don't compress. But I always compressed it first.

I'm sure at some point I used the csm module from Ozmosis too so I'm surprised it's not giving you more resolutions. But the Gigabyte one worked for me, as did later ones from Asus.

With MMTool you can replace the existing one. I don't think it really matters if you inject it compressed or not. It'll just take up more space if you don't compress. But I always compressed it first.

Thx! 

I compressed it and the resolution of Clover is now 1920x1080 and csmvideodxe.efi is no more needed :)

BTW, how's the resolution of your BIOS logo? 

Thanks.

The logo will display at the res of the image with CSM enabled. It looked kinda weird here when booting into Windows 10 as it would sit in the top left corner of the screen (it was a low enough res image).

So I replaced it with a 1920x1080 sized image so it would match the native res of my monitor.

• Like 1

The logo will display at the res of the image with CSM enabled. It looked kinda weird here when booting into Windows 10 as it would sit in the top left corner of the screen (it was a low enough res image).

So I replaced it with a 1920x1080 sized image so it would match the native res of my monitor.

Share your logo ;)

Your suggestion did work, just replaced pic with 1920x1080 resolution solved the BIOS res issue. Nice!

P.S. Any suggestions about how to dump/get the apple boot screen at res 1920x1080?

I definitely need some help.

I successfully installed El Capitan 10.11.4. I was experimenting with getting the USB ports working, so I flashed the board with the Rom provided by @pmcnano (with FakePCIID injected. However, when the board powered off and on again, startup got stuck on a black screen with a white underscore. Not blinking. I powered off and on again, and got into the bios, reset my settings, but couldn't boot into OSX. So I ref lashed the bios with the standard version of Oz. Same thing. After power cycle, black screen with white underscore.

Now my boot gets to the Apple logo, restarts, Apple logo, restart, then freezes on apple logo.

Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely need some help.

I successfully installed El Capitan 10.11.4. I was experimenting with getting the USB ports working, so I flashed the board with the Rom provided by @pmcnano (with FakePCIID injected. However, when the board powered off and on again, startup got stuck on a black screen with a white underscore. Not blinking. I powered off and on again, and got into the bios, reset my settings, but couldn't boot into OSX. So I ref lashed the bios with the standard version of Oz. Same thing. After power cycle, black screen with white underscore.

Now my boot gets to the Apple logo, restarts, Apple logo, restart, then freezes on apple logo.

Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure you need to re-disable SIP mate.