Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

The thing is, these 'EFI Strings' (a flat EFI Device Path Property Database) exist from a time of lots of static data and people have been providing several ways to replace it. Such old methods should have been deprecated years ago and the only reason why any current solution stlll supports it are for backwards-compatibility, a.k.a. people who for some reason do not want to switch... like you, for example. That method is not a normal alternative but totally deprecated.

The code for dev-props hasn't changed in ages anyhow...

Actually it's the least static approach. Unlike dsdt which you need to repatch after bios update for example.

When you don't need dsdt fixes and only need basic injections like device-id's it's easier than dsdt.

Ozmosis also inject efi strings for GPU and audio, some of them you can't even disable (like layout-id for hda).

As I said, I can also use other methods, I really don't need your lecture about "preferred method".

And please, stop replaying when you have no added value.

Maybe dev-prop haven't changed in ages, but it's still doesn't work with ozmosis.

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How can someone asking for help be that arrogant?

I reply to whatever topic I want with the content I want, if you don't care or don't like it, you are free to simply not follow the advice, but I won't let you tell me what I should and should not do in this topic.

Your precious "EFI Strings" ARE the most static approach and that you deny it clearly shows you don't know how that works. On a Mac, a protocol holding a database of EFI Device Path Properties is exposed which all drivers (audio, video, ...) can add properties to. boot.efi then queries that database and what you call "EFI Strings" is the FLATTENED​ database, i.e. without constructing a dynamic database from it or hacking around, you cannot add data to it anymore (Oz does the former). Also, in contrast to DSDT, the 'EFI Strings' have fixed Device Paths inside, which means if a device changes its address, it's ruined, despite, as I said, being flat and thus meant to be fixed in-place,

DSDT is not the best solution either, but certainly better than providing a flattened, static database. Former makes them extremely unportable in comparison to DSDT patches or SSDTs.

If I find some time and mood, I might debug the issue, but until then you might consider moving away from deprecated features and maybe grow some politeness and respect.

And I can't get NVIDIA drivers to load. I've reinstalled them and typed 

sudo nvram boot-args="nvda_drv=1"

Try that:

sudo nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="nvda_drv=1"

hey all i wanna to use this loader on the new skylake

i used this board 

https://www.asus.com/nl/Motherboards/H170M-PLUS/HelpDesk/

but i can't get this running u used the last bios update 

is there some one that can do the job or help my out how to get this working on newer boards for skylake

i dont wanna brick this new mobo 

hey all i wanna to use this loader on the new skylake

i used this board 

https://www.asus.com/nl/Motherboards/H170M-PLUS/HelpDesk/

but i can't get this running u used the last bios update 

is there some one that can do the job or help my out how to get this working on newer boards for skylake

i dont wanna brick this new mobo 

You need to use a fallback procedure if exists

Asus and other brands bios have a digital signature that will be screwed up if you modify bios, due to this you can't flash modded bios with bios tools.

Another way it's to use afu via dos boot usb stick but you need afu for your specific chipset.

Another way it's use a spi flasher with clip to read bios directly from bios chip on mainboard, but it's possible doesn't work because some mobo have a circuit that drain to much current for spi flasher hardware.

Hey.

I have a working ozmosis built  and now i bought a second ssd to install windows 10. Which is the best practice to have a working dual boot with ozmosis ? 

Thank you in advice

Use Rufus and make UEFI windows USB. This is the best solution.

Good luck!!!

The rom is the one you made for me . I'm not home yet. Can you please modify in the defaults.plist inside rom to have csrutil disable by default. Thanks.

The rom is on : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/?p=2220454

Edit1: The last time i've tried to install dual boot with ozmosis on the same ssd, the windows boot manager was changing the bios entries. so everything i did was changed by it. Maybe with separate drives for each os is different. I will give it a try in the evening. 

The rom is the one you made for me . I'm not home yet. Can you please modify in the defaults.plist inside rom to have csrutil disable by default. Thanks.

That work 100% with two SSD and here you go ROM->SIP disabled:

• Like 1

It's the same with 2 ssd. The windows boot manager overrides everything in his way :(.  If i selected in bios ElCapitan partition or drive, after  restarting the first value in bios is again windows boot manager.

That's why I ask if ozmosis has a default boot value of a drive or something like that. 

Any solution?

It's the same with 2 ssd. The windows boot manager overrides everything in his way :(.  If i selected in bios ElCapitan partition or drive, after  restarting the first value in bios is again windows boot manager.

That's why I ask if ozmosis has a default boot value of a drive or something like that. 

Any solution?

Its most likely your firmware changing it.

try loading ozmosis using bcfg from the ESP, this will let the in built filter from working without hindrance.

also check if you have /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi file .. try renaming that.

Its most likely your firmware changing it.

try loading ozmosis using bcfg from the ESP, this will let the in built filter from working without hindrance.

How i can do that ? I search a little bit, but i'm new to that. 

also check if you have /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi file .. try renaming that.

I've deleted the one from OSx ssd , should i delete and the one from windows ssd? 

I've read something about replace the boot64x.efi with hermit shell  but i cannot find how to that, or where can i find this file. Thanks.

You can find it on your ESP (in Windows use diskpart and in OS X diskutil to mount).

the boot64x.efi is on ESP, that i know how to get to it. But where i can get this hermit shell file to replace the boot64x.efi, cause i far i understand this file(boot64x.efi) contains all the entries( a boot manager)  and if i will replace with hermit, which i hope is something like a boot manager but not with windows boot manager who overrides everything, it will be good.