[10.9 - Installation Troubleshooting]

ZikPhil

157 posts in this topic

Alright! got it to boot using -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 and after installing EasyB on it. But now no QE/CI on my GT 630....but they were native in ML so why aren't they now????? and when I don't use the boot commands it stops at [PCI Configuration Begins]. So confused :huh:

EDIT: Okay so accidentally figured out that its not the npci=0x2000 that's causing no QE/CI, it's just Mavericks itself because I accidentally booted into ML with those boot commands and there was QE/CI...Soooo couldn't I just move the kexts from ML that make QE/CI work to Mavericks? And if that is possible, which ones do I move?...

Try AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.8 instead.

I got the myhack usb installer working?

I get to the install and the util/install only shows the 16 G installer usb.

need to use -f  -v to get to install screen. 

i have two HD > does not see them

3 Partion 500 GUID.> win8, mL 8.4, storage 

3 partion 750  GUID > > ML , empty > storage 

I later booted to Myhack Usb installer , when install screen came up then plugged in 16 G usb for install / formatted  to GUID  then installed. Booted install with Myhack. Installed Chameleon 2247 with ML , Booted

Installation done easily, but can't boot into system except using -x (safe mode) any clue

always use -f cause -x does the same thing it bypasses all the kext cache i can't boot with out -f so i stuck it in my boot plist 

• Like 1

Thanks it works

For mew it's not worked. I look in my Info.plist from ML and saw that i use something different RT73 with Prod Id 2573 and Ven id 148f.

So.. i delete your kext and add my ML RT73USBWirelessDriver.kext....and surprise.. it's works :)

Again thank you for all your help man.

See you around

Good luck guys with post installations of Mav ;)

PS: I'm write this post from my Mavericks 10.9 ...Now it's time to testing all good stuff

• Like 2

Guest wader1111

Try AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.8 instead.

Tried it and now I'm getting two new errors...Say's something about not recognizing USB (So I unplugged my keyboard and bluetooth dongle) and it then said "Still waiting for root device" and it stopped there...So I'll revert to the original kexts from 10.9. Thanks for the suggestion though! :)

Anymore suggestions? lol

mendietinha

Hello friend, thanks for helping us out!

I am going to buy a new Wifi USB adapter cuz my RT2870 is very old hjaha. Do you know if this works on 10.9? 

Sitecom WLA-6000 USB Adapter XL N760 

Chipset: RT3573

i really don't know. too soon yet.

I'm getting random freezes (no kernel panics, there's nothing in the logs) with my Z68X-UD4/i5-2500k/GTX680 system. Installed via USB Chameleon method. NullCPUPowerManagement doesn't help. I'm loading DSDT and SSDT that worked great on ML. :/

Hi everyone!

Able to boot into the installer disk made with myhack.

Using dsdt and plists from my ML install.

Install is starting but then it freezes during the install.

Think I had this problem before with ML.

Has someone an idea what could be the reason for this?

I can get the installer to load but none of my drive or partitions are appearing in Disk Utility or in "Select a destination to install" screen? I have an HP DV6t-7000 Ivy Bridge Quad Core with Nvidia GT 630 1GB. Does any one have suggestions?

im having a  a problem i can install for i hack usb using -v -f  -x npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No
ive installed chameleon 2246 fake smc nullcpu power management VoodoTscsync kext Appleintel E1000e kext to systems/ library/ extensions folder repaired permissions with kext wizard
i can   only boot with -v -f -x  without -x im getting a smc error could some one assist me please

see screen shot

post-342888-0-42972100-1371397903_thumb.jpg

Hello friends,

Now I have the Wifi RT3573 usb adapter but it doesnt work on Mavericks.

In system report it says Wifi 80211n WLAN but it wont work.

HI,

search for vendor-id and device-id (system info).

Post screenshot (see this for example)

Schermata 2013-06-16 alle 19.20.19.png

I got the "Cannot install on this disk" error, restarted and tried again and it worked. Installed.

Did anyone else have a weird yellow graphics glitch on the setup screens? took the screenshot as it was fading away to the desktop.

yep mine was bright disgusting yellow too :D

Yes: partition your target disk as GPT: Master Boot Record partitions won't be read by the installer.

All the best!

Actually it is partition as GUID, or what ever Intel Macs call it, so now what? :)

I used the myhack method for the 1st time, great success using " npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -F" flags. Everything works beautifully (multi monitors, adapters, custom IR receiver, etc)... Except BLUETOOTH!

Of all things, Bluetooth remains "on" and can not see any devices. I've tried 3 different USB dongles (each with different chipsets) and even replaced IOBluetoothFamily kexts with one from 10.8.3 but no luck.

Could this be a USB issue? Or just bad luck with a variety of dongles? Please throw me a bone! Thanks

I5 (3rd gen), GA-P67-DS3-B3, nVidia 650TI, to two 1080p displays. iCloud & AppStore working. iMessage not yet.

Hi all i'm very happy to report that using only npci=0x3000 and -x and graphicsenabler no, got my gigabyte x58a ud3r rev 2 with gts450 to boot into the installer.

But I have one question about the optimal system def:

With reference to the fact that MacPro4,1 had nvidia graphics 512MB GDDR3 while MacPro5,1 has ati graphics 1GB GDDR5: Since my nvidia GTS450 has 1GB of GDDR5 memory, should I use the system def of MacPro5,1 in my smbios in order to get the best performance possible?

Hi,

Installed using myhack. I can boot by using the installer usb (Chameleon), but as soon as i try to boot using Clover rev 1888, it hangs 3 min on the screen attached, before the system reboots.

I have tried removing the DSDT, editing the SMBIOS section in the config.plist, tried various UEFI64 drivers, and the basic boot flags.

Any advice? 

post-1090626-0-35104600-1371677145_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I have been trying to install OS X for two says straight in an Asus Q200E notebook.

I tried with 10.9 this morning, used several boot flags, several org.chameleon.boot.plist configurations, tried SMBios.plist, tried DSDT.aml, tried FakeSMC.kext editing, but it's always the same error: IOBluetoothHCIController and ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint.

I have  a screenshot with the last verbose dump before the machine stalls, and it's been like that all night until it was shutted down:

ApplePS2APLPSGlidePoint_zps637e8a9b.png

And this is my org.chameleon.boot.plist info:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Volumes/myHack OS X Install Disk/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1366x768x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>PciRoot</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Volumes/myHack OS X Install Disk/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
	<key>SystemType</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Note: I haven't even been able to install the OS.

Please, any ideas?