[10.9 - Installation Troubleshooting]

ZikPhil

157 posts in this topic

Guest wader1111

I'm having trouble getting the installer to launch. I've tried the myHack application and the manual way described here:

"http://rochetechnology.com/quick-hackintosh-tip-installing-10-9-mavericks-developer-preview/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=quick-hackintosh-tip-installing-10-9-mavericks-developer-preview"

I've tried booting with every combination of -v -f -x and GraphicsEnabler=No but the same results are achieved from each. For both the myHack app and the manual procedure, as soon as all of the files from Extension are checked, the screen goes black for a second (normally the actually booting of the installer begins here) and the system immediately restarts, bringing me back to the POST check. Any ideas? I've searched everywhere and can't find anyone with the same symptoms for Mavericks. My system specs are i3-2105, GA-H61N-USB3, GeForce 630 GT, 4GB RAM, 120GB Samsung 840 SSD and Monitor is hooked up via HDMI. Oh and the GeForce 630 had Native graphics in ML so I never needed any kexts so I seriously doubt GraphicsEnabler would be the problem but once I again I have tried it. The attached picture (sorry about the bad quality, my iPod touch) is what came up one time after replacing the boot file on the USB Drive once. Is that a problem with the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?

Thanks!

post-864801-0-19149900-1371085697_thumb.jpg

Guest wader1111

Ahh okay so that's interesting. Finally got the installer to launch. I reran the myHack app and it decided to work this time. But after installing OS X and running MultiB, when trying to boot the newly installed Maverick partition, as soon as the SSD checks all the kexts it reboots JUST like it did with the USB. And when it isn't in verbose mode, the SSD light flashes rapidly for like 2 seconds and a silver apple logo appears in the lower right hand corner and white lines around the top and left side of the monitor making it look like the image is way too big for the screen resolution, but it only stays for about a second then the computer reboots. So I'm takin a break and looking at it some more tomorrow night. But anyone have anything like this or possibly know a solution? because without Verbose to help with errors, I'm clueless.

Ahh okay so that's interesting. Finally got the installer to launch. I reran the myHack app and it decided to work this time. But after installing OS X and running MultiB, when trying to boot the newly installed Maverick partition, as soon as the SSD checks all the kexts it reboots JUST like it did with the USB. And when it isn't in verbose mode, the SSD light flashes rapidly for like 2 seconds and a silver apple logo appears in the lower right hand corner and white lines around the top and left side of the monitor making it look like the image is way too big for the screen resolution, but it only stays for about a second then the computer reboots. So I'm takin a break and looking at it some more tomorrow night. But anyone have anything like this or possibly know a solution? because without Verbose to help with errors, I'm clueless.

Take a look at the bottom of the myHack guide for frequent errors. You might need PciRoot=1 or GraphicsEnabler=No flag.

Personal Advise...

I have been installing osx on lots of machine over the past few years and if there is 1 thing i've learned is that pre-made software ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], myhack, iAtkos, etc) should never be consider. Every machine is different, 0.1 revision update of ur bios and it stops working, you always rely on them to do the work for u but there is an infinite number of hardware that could be in ur PC and each of them deserves a manual install for the system to run smoothly over time.

This forum is full of brillian people who made fantastic manual installation guide, that should be ur starting point. You will NEVER have a stable hackintosh if u dont understand what's under the hood, even if that means spending 3 hours injecting PIN Config into HDA to get ur sound working. You should at least do it once. And then, without knowing, u'll start to have a better understanding of ur machine and eventually will be able to solve all ur issues by yourself and perform advanced optimization (SSDT, DSDT Edits, manual power management setup for ur video card, etc...).

I call this the Natural Evolution for Geeks :)

Thanks but it not working.

I made 2 screenshots from ML and Mavericks with the "trouble".

http://imageshack.us/a/img35/3913/maverickswifiinfo.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img545/8367/mlwifi.png

Can't find what is wrong with that "configuration"

Thanks again

i'll quote a possible solution for your problem:

Just do this:

1. Add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

2. Remove all Network interfaces

3. Remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

4. Reboot

5. Read your Ethernet Network Interface. This must be en0. (not en1, en2...)

give it a try.

Installation went fine, but can only boot system with -v -x -f, anything else gives me this does anyone have any idea whats going on here? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

20130612_145601.jpg

Boot with -v dart=0 (vtd[0] fault)

• Like 1

i'll quote a possible solution for your problem:

Just do this:

1. Add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

2. Remove all Network interfaces

3. Remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

4. Reboot

5. Read your Ethernet Network Interface. This must be en0. (not en1, en2...)

give it a try.

I'll try it when I'll arrived home. Thanks again !

I'll try it when I'll arrived home. Thanks again !

Well. After searching what you wrote me to do.. I'm out of ideas.

Nothing goes right... I have EthernetBuiltIn in cha. plist...

I tried to "combine" stuff from IOUSBFamily from ML ... no way.

It seems that Mavericks "hates" my wifi adapter... :((

I'm really out of ideas...

sorry to know that...

i have 2 usb adaptors here, if one of them uses this chipset will make some tests here...

Guest wader1111

Take a look at the bottom of the myHack guide for frequent errors. You might need PciRoot=1 or GraphicsEnabler=No flag.

I tried both and neither did anything different  :( And somehow I forgot to mention after Mavericks installed and the "Restart" button appeared, it began to restart but stopped and came up with an error that wouldn't let me reboot the computer soooo I did a hard reset which might be why this install is acting like this...So with that said I tried booting the Mavericks installer again and now it won't boot! the screen looses signal and the fans keep spinning but it doesn't reboot, I tried GraphicsEnabler=No for this and didn't work. Guess I'll try and redo the installer USB and give it another shot. But thanks for the suggestions!!!

Personal Advise...

I have been installing osx on lots of machine over the past few years and if there is 1 thing i've learned is that pre-made software ([url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], myhack, iAtkos, etc) should never be consider. Every machine is different, 0.1 revision update of ur bios and it stops working, you always rely on them to do the work for u but there is an infinite number of hardware that could be in ur PC and each of them deserves a manual install for the system to run smoothly over time.

This forum is full of brillian people who made fantastic manual installation guide, that should be ur starting point. You will NEVER have a stable hackintosh if u dont understand what's under the hood, even if that means spending 3 hours injecting PIN Config into HDA to get ur sound working. You should at least do it once. And then, without knowing, u'll start to have a better understanding of ur machine and eventually will be able to solve all ur issues by yourself and perform advanced optimization (SSDT, DSDT Edits, manual power management setup for ur video card, etc...).

I call this the Natural Evolution for Geeks :)

I tried the manual way after the app didn't work and I must have made a mistake on the manual way (even though I tried it again a second time with same results). I don't know enough to compose a USB Installer myself because I've always used apps to do it for me...Guess it's time to start learning -_- lol. Oh and it took me like 4 months to get QE/CI working on HD 3000 with a VGA monitor, and finally got it working the manual way lol  :P

EDIT: I made the installer USB the manual way that was a little different from the first way I tried it and it worked! installed OS X and the new Mavericks partition will start booting with the new Chameleon via the installer flash drive (the reason it would restart before even starting to boot was because the Chameleon was outdated) but now it gets stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin] which I'm guessing is a problem with my GT 630. I'll Google it and see what comes up. But thanks a bunch for the support! and ZikPhil I wouldn't have tried it the manual way again if you hadn't suggested it so thanks :D

My RT2870 is not working aswell :(

ok guys, here is the solution:

install the utility that i posted before, reboot. after that, install this kext to s/l/e: RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext.zip

reboot and it should work. see the pic: post-564601-0-47739500-1371165325_thumb.png

• Like 1

I got the "Cannot install on this disk" error, restarted and tried again and it worked. Installed.

Did anyone else have a weird yellow graphics glitch on the setup screens? took the screenshot as it was fading away to the desktop.

post-324738-0-73759900-1371172102_thumb.png

I got the "Cannot install on this disk" error, restarted and tried again and it worked. Installed.

Did anyone else have a weird yellow graphics glitch on the setup screens? took the screenshot as it was fading away to the desktop.

Not a glitch. That's how it is.

Guest wader1111

Alright! got it to boot using -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 and after installing EasyB on it. But now no QE/CI on my GT 630....but they were native in ML so why aren't they now????? and when I don't use the boot commands it stops at [PCI Configuration Begins]. So confused :huh:

EDIT: Okay so accidentally figured out that its not the npci=0x2000 that's causing no QE/CI, it's just Mavericks itself because I accidentally booted into ML with those boot commands and there was QE/CI...Soooo couldn't I just move the kexts from ML that make QE/CI work to Mavericks? And if that is possible, which ones do I move?...

Gonna try it when I get home! hope it works for my RT2870 -.-

@Mendietihna: I will try too at home... Thanks a lot for all your efforts and tips.Gracias ;)

you´re welcome! good luck.

after install, open terminal and type kextstat to make sure the kext you installed is loading.

• Like 1