[10.9 - Installation Troubleshooting]

ZikPhil

157 posts in this topic

Hi.

I've tried this twice before writing here but the chameleon installer never boots from the USB so I can't get the installation started.

If I tap escape of enter I see the apple screen with the logo and text superimposed on it with the error "System Uptime in nanoseconds: 258860432" 

What am I doing wrong?

Hi.

I've tried this twice before writing here but the chameleon installer never boots from the USB so I can't get the installation started.

If I tap escape of enter I see the apple screen with the logo and text superimposed on it with the error "System Uptime in nanoseconds: 258860432" 

What am I doing wrong?

Boot with -v and post a picture of panic

describe your hardware and the method to create the USB installation.
If you see the apple logo means that the bootloader works, press F8 for the boot options. Take a picture of the kernel panic (system uptime in nanoseconds ...)

I decided to try and since then I've followed the instructions several times to make the USB several time.

And at this point nothing comes up. Pressing any keys doesn't produce anything.

I boot from the USB and the same USB booted ubuntu and a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install fine when I erased it and tried again.

I tried to get help on another forum with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but haven't heard back in a bit so I'm focusing on this install method now.

Here's my hardware info

HP DM4 2165DX

i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20 GHZ

Intel HM65 Express

HD Graphics 3000, 1366x768

SanDisk Ultra Plus 128 GB SATA 6.0

My LCD screen has been detached so I've used this laptop with a monitor and it works fine with Windows and Ubuntu [the hard drive is currently empty]

I've used a VGA cable and a DVI cable to see if it's a display issue but after pressing multiple keys and blindly typing in boot commands, nothing has happened.

I'd really appreciate some help because I've been googling and working on this for dozens of hours and can't even get an installation going. I tried back in the spring/summer and couldn't get much help on one forum.

• 1 month later...

I have a msi x79ma-gd45

i7 4930k at 3.4 ghz

16gm ram

evga gt520 gpu

Downloaded 10.9.2 (not 10.9.1) from apple store.

installed according to maveriks guide, with the addition of modded ACPIPlatform,kext

Booted with -f -v -x cpus=1 npci=0x2000 graphicsenabler=no

Install went fine

Can not boot without -f -v -x cpus=1 npci=0x2000

GraphicsEnabler does not make a difference as far as I can see.

Question: The attachment Essential DP1 V2 I assume is for 10.9.1. Has anyone tried this with 10.9.2, and with an MSI board updated to a UEFI bios version 7735v2.6?

Is there an essential kext download for 10.9.2?

Thanks