[10.9 - Installation Troubleshooting]

ZikPhil

157 posts in this topic

Okay......I used the guide and I've got it installed and it is running....ish. I have BT and WiFi but no en0. I too, just as the guide preparer, need to boot with -v -x -f to get it to run. Also no audio yet. The big one is that the graphics are very flakey with the GTX580/3GB. Hard to desribe, but while I have the correct resolution, the images on some things seem to flicker alot. Not sure what that's all about but I'll keep after it until I can find something. Anytone else having and graphics issues?

Thanks

R.

I've had success installing on a GA-Z77-DS3H however the new chameleon boot loader will not load OS X from the HD, only the USB drive, just quits immediately, no idea why.

Also I have no iMessage activation which is frustrating as it worked in the past.

Fresh Install.  I used the beta version of myHack.  It works great!!!!  Up and running with only a few difficulties .... still no nic.  But sound is fixed ... and I'm having trouble signing into iCloud, but that should workout soon.  Head over to myHack.....It works!  Thanks Conti

Strangely it will not boot regardless of what I do.  Latest Chameleon installed, made sure to move the packages folder over.  Crashes at the 'Starting Darwin' stage.

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH / Core i5 / nVidia GTX680

(Lion / ML both run fine on the vanilla kernel with only FakeSMC so not really sure what's going on here)

Aha!  Needed to disable the chamelon "restart fix" I had enabled on my ML plist

i make installer usb follow tut in topic,but when install i had freeze 

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi efiboot loaded from device: Acpi (PNP0A03,0)/Pci(14|0)/Usb(3, 0)/HD(Part2,Sig16AEDD59-E84C-45AF-84D8-19C95055B958)

and "My macos platform version  is not support"

i using clover boot

help me please

p/s: i remove boot flag slide=0 and same error

stuck in dsmos has arrived... any thoughts.. my hardware is on my sig...

try removing your chameleon.Boot.plist and booting with a few commands at a time... e.g. reach Chameleon screen then boot using flags GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f -v, remove your DSDT if you have one and make sure your smbios matches your hardware.

Place FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement inside the Extras folder, without all your extra kexts, this will allow boot without a DSDT.

Why i'm asking you to do this? well the DSDT and SSDT i used with 10.8 no longer work with 10.9 and it either pauses just before desktop or crashes.

I'm just booting my PC with FakeSMC, NullCPU and minimal chameleon.boot options with smbios...nothing else. When you get this working then work on all your extras.

• Like 1

try removing your chameleon.Boot.plist and booting with a few commands at a time... e.g. reach Chameleon screen then boot using flags GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f -v, remove your DSDT if you have one and make sure your smbios matches your hardware.

Place FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement inside the Extras folder, without all your extra kexts, this will allow boot without a DSDT.

Why i'm asking you to do this? well the DSDT and SSDT i used with 10.8 no longer work with 10.9 and it either pauses just before desktop or crashes.

I'm just booting my PC with FakeSMC, NullCPU and minimal chameleon.boot options with smbios...nothing else. When you get this working then work on all your extras.

thanks will try that..

Installed as ML way... All is good but can't make my RT2870Wireless working.

I saw it in devices list...but don;t works. I try to put kext from my current ML system. same thing.

It is a tip to make it runs again?

wifi adapter is connected to a USB port as it is in ML. Trying to connect it in all my USB ports. same stuff.

My system configuration: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H , 12 GB 1600 .....

Thanks in advance.

Installed as ML way... All is good but can't make my RT2870Wireless working.

I saw it in devices list...but don;t works. I try to put kext from my current ML system. same thing.

It is a tip to make it runs again?

wifi adapter is connected to a USB port as it is in ML. Trying to connect it in all my USB ports. same stuff.

My system configuration: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H , 12 GB 1600 .....

Thanks in advance.

try to install this utility:

RTUSB D2870-4.2.6.0 UI-4.0.8.0_2012_09_28.dmg.zip

try to install this utility:

attachicon.gifRTUSB D2870-4.2.6.0 UI-4.0.8.0_2012_09_28.dmg.zip

Thanks but it not working.

I made 2 screenshots from ML and Mavericks with the "trouble".

http://imageshack.us/a/img35/3913/maverickswifiinfo.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img545/8367/mlwifi.png

Can't find what is wrong with that "configuration"

Thanks again

I got the myhack usb installer working?

I get to the install and the util/install only shows the 16 G installer usb.

need to use -f  -v to get to install screen. 

i have two HD > does not see them

3 Partion 500 GUID.> win8, mL 8.4, storage 

3 partion 750  GUID > > ML , empty > storage 

Installation went fine, but can only boot system with -v -x -f, anything else gives me this does anyone have any idea whats going on here? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

20130612_145601.jpg

Installation went fine, but can only boot system with -v -x -f, anything else gives me this does anyone have any idea whats going on here? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

20130612_145601.jpg

remove -x add pcirootuid=1 should work

• Like 1

is USB 3 working for anyone?? I tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] one, but no luck. It worked on mountain lion though.

Any ideas ?