OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

My theory on iMessage with the new 894M BIOS is that it probably works fine on a clean install.  But for those those of us who had already gotten iMessages working through the fix posted on the Wiki, the new BIOS breaks iMessages.  I have not tested this theory because I never use iMessages and don't feel like doing another clean install, as I had just done one days before the new BIOS was released.  I could very well be wrong though.  It's just a theory.

My theory on iMessage with the new 894M BIOS is that it probably works fine on a clean install.  But for those those of us who had already gotten iMessages working through the fix posted on the Wiki, the new BIOS breaks iMessages.  I have not tested this theory because I never use iMessages and don't feel like doing another clean install, as I had just done one days before the new BIOS was released.  I could very well be wrong though.  It's just a theory.

Can confirm iMessage/iCloud/Back to mac works great on a clean install of 10.9.2 using 894M.

That was my experience getting it to work again.

Is your ethernet fully recognised?

I don't know why it wouldn't be. I didn't have any problems on 868. What should I look for to be sure? Shows up as en0 in system profiler. I'm on the internet via ethernet, so there's that.

This is probably what I'll end up doing.

in the post #1302

I tell you :

"I am waiting for the :

• Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter with built-in Thunderbolt cable

Adaptateur Thunderbolt vers FireWire Apple

http://store.apple.c...6dcecee09fa49a6

I test that one with:

- compact card reader.

_ HD 3,5 external.

- External dock

- Video Can"

I test that one this morning with the compact card reader.

I don't plug it before startup and the card mount straight :-)

Next week I test for the other things. But at the moment, I am the felling this is the easy way to connect a FireWire 800 device.

I have no idea why but FT/iMessage just started working today. I decided to try to log in again for the hell of it and it's working now. I don't know why it didn't work immediately after running "sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=" and a reboot, but now it is. The only thing I can think of is I updated to the newest 10.9.3 beta. Maybe that achieved what a fresh install would achieve. Really glad I didn't have to do a fresh install. The only thing left that isn't working (as of 10.9.2) is AirPlay screen mirroring.

I'm noticing my board occasionally seems to be getting stuck at the QUO logo. Not sure is it's to do with USB ports.

Me too, since I use the new  894 M.

I see also :

Quo logo> Black Screen> Quo Logo> apple logo> log in.

But sometime :

Quo logo stay on and don't  go on ...

I too was having this issue. I'm not sure if this is a contributing cause, but I did notice the issue only after setting a boot argument with nvram to boot verbosely (and it seemed to reoccur following a BIOS update after I again set this argument).

The only way I could get around the black screen was hitting F12/Home to get a BIOS menu and then manually selecting a boot mode (the black screen was occurring even though I'd set a boot volume in BIOS).

Since I've reflashed the BIOS without setting a boot argument I haven't had an issue, so you might want to try this.

I too was having this issue. I'm not sure if this is a contributing cause, but I did notice the issue only after setting a boot argument with nvram to boot verbosely (and it seemed to reoccur following a BIOS update after I again set this argument).

The only way I could get around the black screen was hitting F12/Home to get a BIOS menu and then manually selecting a boot mode (the black screen was occurring even though I'd set a boot volume in BIOS).

Since I've reflashed the BIOS without setting a boot argument I haven't had an issue, so you might want to try this.

On my side, I don't use any argument.

Maybe you have two ways to do this.

First one, extract Ozmosisdafult from bios, edit it and replace, another one, if your board support nvram writing, you can change model serial and so on using this bunch of commands 

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=MM61.88Z.0106.B00.1208091121
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductName=Macmini6,2
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=xxxxxxxxxxxx
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductFamily=Macmini
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductId=Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED

if you want to change with other models, use chameleon wizard to get other smbios,plist for others model.

I am waiting for the :

• Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter with built-in Thunderbolt cable

psomelet,

Thanks a ton for this recommendation. Using it now with my external RAID and it works like a charm.

cheers

psomelet,

Thanks a ton for this recommendation. Using it now with my external RAID and it works like a charm.

cheers

:-)

Yes no pin out, then in (where???)

And with my Quo board, I don't have any more space in the back panel for a plate...

Maybe you have two ways to do this.

First one, extract Ozmosisdafult from bios, edit it and replace, another one, if your board support nvram writing, you can change model serial and so on using this bunch of commands 

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=MM61.88Z.0106.B00.1208091121
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductName=Macmini6,2
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=xxxxxxxxxxxx
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductFamily=Macmini
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductId=Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED

if you want to change with other models, use chameleon wizard to get other smbios,plist for others model.

Thanks Aigors. I'm assuming this board supports nvram writing, since I used similar commands to fix iMessage/FaceTime. So I just change the product name/family etc to change it? What do I use for SystemSerial? Does the ProductID need to be changed to match the ProductName/Family or do I just copy/paste what you have here?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Aigors. I'm assuming this board supports nvram writing, since I used similar commands to fix iMessage/FaceTime. So I just change the product name/family etc to change it? What do I use for SystemSerial? Does the ProductID need to be changed to match the ProductName/Family or do I just copy/paste what you have here?

Sorry for late answer, you can use chameleonwizard to desume serial hardware type, bios version and so on, simply launch cahemeleon wizard, clck on smbios.plist, click on edit and chose one of the preccompiled mac-tipe, copy in these bunch of commands the rigth data 

I have had my machine up and running for about a month now with no issues. Build and install of everything went smoothly. But now, a few days ago I lost audio all together. I have reflashed BIOS with 894M again, reinstalled Mavericks, and retried the Kings audio package in the legacy files from the wiki page. Maybe I have missed something, but I've read through much of this forum and can't find other troubleshooting routes to take. Any suggestions?

try rebuild cache and disk permissions with kext wizard and re boot

I just tried repairing permissions and rebuilding cache with kext wizard to no avail. For the life of me I can't think of anything that I did differently the day that the audio stopped working. I just booted up and it wasn't there. Seems that many others have had little to no trouble getting this bug worked out.