OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Hey guys wondering if someone can give me some tips on how I can get the onboard hdmi to work? Right now I have a GT670 running my 2 monitors and I want the hdmi port to work with my TV is this possible? I did a search and couldn't find anything about this.

Thank's

I don't understand why quo don't send the wifi/bluetooth with motherboard or full system.

The first one system given ? http://s851.photobucket.com/user/claustin26/library/QUO%20Red?sort=2&page=1

Any one test  :

Gigabyte GC-WB300D Carte Réseau et Adaptateurs Bluetooth Compatible Norme Wifi 802.11n

Tks

Ha that's mine. No wifi/bluetooth. I actually just sent them an email asking about it, but I'm not optimistic on getting a straight answer. I'm currenty searching for a compatible combo card, but may just settle for a compatible AC card and use a bluetooth dongle. As hard as it is for us to find combo cards, I'm guessing that's the main reason they haven't shipped any. I'm not really sure what made them think they'd be able to find them in bulk to include in their kickstarter campaign.

Hey guys wondering if someone can give me some tips on how I can get the onboard hdmi to work? Right now I have a GT670 running my 2 monitors and I want the hdmi port to work with my TV is this possible? I did a search and couldn't find anything about this.

Thank's

I'd like to know this too. When I enable integrated graphics in bios and set initial boot to integrated graphics, I get a boot loop and have to fiddle with it until I can manage to engage the secondary bios and reflash the main bios. So it's apparently going to be a little more involved than flipping a switch in bios, assuming a newer revision of oz doesn't fix it.

I have one [GC-WB300D]  I'd like to get working from my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH so can anyone point me to how to get this running/ktexts/drivers/etc on Mountain Lion and Mavericks?

Thanks but I can't read any of that

I have one [GC-WB300D]  I'd like to get working from my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH so can anyone point me to how to get this running/ktexts/drivers/etc on Mountain Lion and Mavericks?

So the one in the above link isn't a plug and play option anyway (not a deal breaker but it would be nice).

Haha thaaaaaaanks. I'd been googling for a couple hours about combo cards and didn't feel like putting out any more effort. Unfortunately Amazon isn't very clear on a card's hackintoshability, which was really my main concern. Is this a decent card to get working? Even if it is I may hold out for an AC model.

These are the only two combo cards that I know of that might work:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2767-broadcom-80211-ac-wifi-and-bluetooth-combo-card-for-osx/

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1916-the-perfect-mini-pcie-combo-card/

Even these have issues. I was not able to get bluetooth working in 10.9 on the second card. I would like to hear of other possibilities. Right now I'm using a separate wi-fi card with a bluetooth dongle.

Unfortunately Amazon isn't very clear on a card's hackintoshability, which was really my main concern. Is this a decent card to get working? Even if it is I may hold out for an AC model.

Sorry, I was just trying to be funny. I don't know about the card's suitability either. I use the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 PCIe card and the IOGEAR GBU521 USB dongle - at ~$50 + ~$12 it's a pretty expensive solution, and although the Wifi is rock solid OOB, bluetooth is a bit fussy.

My version of the QUO motherboard doesn't have a mini-PCIe slot. Is there another version that does?

• Like 1

These are the only two combo cards that I know of that might work:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2767-broadcom-80211-ac-wifi-and-bluetooth-combo-card-for-osx/

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1916-the-perfect-mini-pcie-combo-card/

Even these have issues. I was not able to get bluetooth working in 10.9 on the second card. I would like to hear of other possibilities. Right now I'm using a separate wi-fi card with a bluetooth dongle.

Thanks I'll check them out

Sorry, I was just trying to be funny. I don't know about the card's suitability either. I use the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 PCIe card and the IOGEAR GBU521 USB dongle - at ~$50 + ~$12 it's a pretty expensive solution, and although the Wifi is rock solid OOB, bluetooth is a bit fussy.

My version of the QUO motherboard doesn't have a mini-PCIe slot. Is there another version that does?

1)No worries. So was I.

2)Nope. There's only one model.

A different problem.

I took a StarTech single-port eSATA card out of my MacPro 1,1 where it worked just fine and put it into my hackintosh. It identifies as a pci197b,2363 in System Information, but when I attach a drive it does not mount. This is the report:

pci197b,2363:

Type: RAID Controller
Driver Installed: No
MSI: No
Bus: PCI
Slot: Slot-4
Vendor ID: 0x197b
Device ID: 0x2363
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x197b
Subsystem ID: 0x2363
Revision ID: 0x0003
Link Width: x1
Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

I guess it's not working because there's no driver installed. I don't recall installing one in my MacPro however - there it just worked.

Googling gets me a page of drivers: http://drivers.awdit.com/hwid/pci/ven_197b/dev_2363/ but unsurprisingly none of them are for Mac.

Where do I start trouble-shooting this? I don't even know where to begin.

Thanks.

This tell that you card is not initialised as AHCI controller so Apple generic AHCI driver wont kick in, did you setup SATA Controller in BIOS to RAID?

If yes, put it back to AHCI.

Not a smart move to use Slot-4 for it, this will put your GTX 770 on x8 speed(read the specs), use one of the x1 slots with expanders if they got covered by GFX card

This tell that you card is not initialised as AHCI controller so Apple generic AHCI driver wont kick in, did you setup SATA Controller in BIOS to RAID?

If yes, put it back to AHCI.

I'll try that but it'll have to wait. I'm running a process that looks like it'll take another 24 hours. I can't reboot until it's done.

Not a smart move to use Slot-4 for it, this will put your GTX 770 on x8 speed(read the specs), use one of the x1 slots with expanders if they got covered by GFX card

I am new to building PCs. What would such a thing look like and where would I find one? I paid a lot for that video card and I don't want to slow it down unnecessarily...

• 2 weeks later...

Silicon Image 3132 e-sata cards work awesome, There are 2 port versions for $30 or less. I've had great success with them and 1/5 e-sata Port Multipliers. Use either the raid driver or non-Raid depending on the card you bought. I always buy the Raid version which is a few dollars more.

You can find them at Addonics, Ive bought many of them as well as their port multipliers. I've moved on to SAS cards from Atto, but still keep one in my setups for silcon image port multipliers.

i just finally picked up my two boards, I've been in Canada for 6 months.. I'll be creating a LTo 6 backup machine with this board in a tight 2U server case.

I flashed Z77MXQUOAOS.H3A.828M bios. My video card is gigabyte gtx660. when vga boot method set to uefi first in the bios, the screen go black and then cursor twinkles when the pc boots.

Would they add gtx660 uefi boot support?

Picked up a TP Link  TL-WDN4800, and it shows in system profiler as an airport extreme card, but the wifi icon in the menubar has an X in it. I click on it and it shows nearby networks after a second, but is unable to connect. At the bottom of the list is says WiFi: Not Configured. It was showing in network settings as a wireless NIC but I deleted it and can't get it to show up there again. Could be because I'm running the latest 10.9.2 beta. Not really sure.

UPDATE: Ok, so after some googling I got it working. I don't know if both steps are necessary. Found this apple support thread for Macbook Air wifi issues via tonymac and tried it first: https://discussions.apple.com/message/23007816#23007816

This didn't fix my issue by itself. I then followed the process in this article, also found in the same tonymac thread: http://osxdaily.com/2012/11/30/resolving-stubborn-wi-fi-connection-problems-in-mac-os-x/

Note: my system didn't have com.apple.network.identification.plist. I deleted the others and rebooted and viola, wifi is working.

I don't know if the first step is necessary. If anybody else is having issues with this wifi card, maybe try the second one first and see if the first step is required. Don't know how stable it will be so I guess we'll see. I also used kext utility rather than use terminal from the first link.

Can anyone confirm to have got SLI running with Windows?

I've completely disconnected my OSX 60GB SSD drive.

Installed GTX280 into PCIe slot 1 and connected up monitor via DVI.

installed Win7u 64bit via SATA CDROM onto another/clean 60 GB SSD drive.

Win7u fully updated/patched

Installed 331.82 drivers and rebooted.

Quo boots up fine and I get to Windows7 desktop perfectly fine...

I shut down, install 2nd GTX280, install SLI ribbon cable.

reboot, and no SLI option appears in nVidia control panel... (only physix option)

The 2nd card is fully recognised, and even hot swapping the DVI cable between the two GTX cards works... 

Normally, I'd see that little message in the task bar stating that SLI is possible/capable on this PC etc etc

I've even replaced the SLI ribbon cable thinking it was dodgy... which didn't make any difference...

I also tried 331.93 beta drivers (i.e. I uninstalled and reinstalled newer drivers) which hasn't helped either.

I've got two Titans to go in (currently in my X58 mobo) and also have three GTX480s hiding somewhere so I'll test with these GPUs on the weekend, but was curious if anyone else has SLI happening already?

Cheers,

I cannot get both the Intel motherboard graphics AND a PCIe card working in the Quo AOS motherboard.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have tried various combinations of BIOS version (F2N, H3A) and with the IGPU auto/enabled and

a PCIe card installed/not-installed and with the display cable connected to either graphics on boot.

Regardless of the rest of the config, if a PCIe card in in the system, I cannot use the IGPU.

Or, if the IGPU is enabled, then OSX hangs on boot.

The IGPU will work if no PCIe card is installed.

I've tried both an XFX HD7070 and an Asus GTX650 card and the behaviour is the same.

Very puzzling.

I want to use the IGPU for the screen display and use the HD7970 for computation (not graphics).

A different problem.

I took a StarTech single-port eSATA card out of my MacPro 1,1 where it worked just fine and put it into my hackintosh. It identifies as a pci197b,2363 in System Information, but when I attach a drive it does not mount. This is the report:

pci197b,2363:

Driver Installed: No

MSI: No

Bus: PCI

Vendor ID: 0x197b

Device ID: 0x2363

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x197b

Subsystem ID: 0x2363

Revision ID: 0x0003

Link Width: x1

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

I guess it's not working because there's no driver installed. I don't recall installing one in my MacPro however - there it just worked.

Googling gets me a page of drivers: http://drivers.awdit.com/hwid/pci/ven_197b/dev_2363/ but unsurprisingly none of them are for Mac.

Where do I start trouble-shooting this? I don't even know where to begin.

I have had multiple Jmicron working onboard, Try installing AHCIPortInjector.kext from Pandora's Box/ It lists the Dev/ven you are referring to.

I flashed Z77MXQUOAOS.H3A.828M bios. My video card is gigabyte gtx660. when vga boot method set to uefi first in the bios, the screen go black and then cursor twinkles when the pc boots.

Would they add gtx660 uefi boot support?

I set secure boot to windows 8. The computer can boot up with UEFI boot display card and start up fast.

I suggest removing Other OS option in the BIOS.

Hello, folks

I have been lurking in the shadows here for a while, reading and thinking... Now I have finished my first hackintosh project based on the QUO, and wonder how to make OS X 10.6.8 run on it - not the usual noob question, please read on).

Everything does run fine, technically with my new Quo motherboard, 16 GB Ram and Intel.

I had to resort to 10.8.2 which is all nice and dandy, but the reason for me to hack the Intosh was precisely my wish to break out of the Apple jail with regards to the limits of being able to freely up- and downgrade. 10.6.8 is the OS that covers my needs best and all later editions don't. Some family members have a different opinion, and use whatever they like and the same is true for my co-workers. I personally prefer 10.6.8. 

Initially SL was all good and ran, except for the use of my Cinema HD display that did not respond to OSX, while working fine with Fedora and giving no hints that anything tangible could be the root cause. I used another small TV monitor using HDMI to display OS X SL (that display was a royal pita). I flashed the BIOS 801 to 828 to troubleshoot the version of OZ being the culprit - but no game. All of the worked and all of them did not help me start SL.

I figured, the system info was the faulty part, as not compatible with my wished for setup, and decided to write the system info into nvram.

I followed the nvram writing routine (sTaN comment #477, currently on  of course giving it the appropriate SystemSerial and BaseboardSerial. I assumed, this would release the capability within OS X to use the Thunderbolt port.

So the system showed up as a Macmini6,2.

Alas, it did not and the OS X SL boot disc (original out of the box, family license) did not boot any more, neither did the install (carbon copy from a stripped down version I was running on another system). Then, I figured this was due to the Macmini6,2 systems not being compatible with SL.

So I booted with 10.8.2 and redacted the nvram so it would be a system that according to my understanding would let OS X know that it is compatible with 10.6.8:

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=IM121.88Z.0047.B1D.1110171110
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductName=iMac12,2
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=(... as per advice)
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductFamily=iMac
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductId=Mac-(... as per advice)

I left the base board serial as it was.

In "About This Mac" it now shows as a 27" iMac mid 2011 with 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 and OS X 10.8.2 (12C60) nicely, and it is blazingly fast.

I did the Darwindump and can share if this would be required, but I am totally puzzled why OS X SL does not work on this nice machine. Booting with both disk and a bootable stick still fails showing only the grey/white Apple screen.

Configuration: Z77MX-QUO-AOS, Intel® Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16 BG RAM, Samsung Evo SSD and 828 OZ-BIOS

Would any of you mages have any helpful pointers? 

Snow Leopard doesn't support IvyBridge (there are some hacks, but that's what they are) so that's probably the root cause of your trouble.

Thanks for the speed-of-light-reply, Riley.

Do you have a pointer to a post or a description of the hack? More that happy to try, and as you can see, I am irritated, because it *did* run at some point to my satisfaction from a cc'd disk, just the Apple display stayed black (HDMI based display worked) but later it stopped to work completely (I was blaming my happy-go-lucky-style of editing the nvram?). This includes the DVD, a stick with and without hacks (Chameleon and sound, as well as kexts) and the Samsung disk.

Still puzzled, but will happily check out your suggestion.