OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Wiki is based on info gathered from this thread, that doens't mean it's exclusive. We have two major variables with this board: 1. any hardware that deviates from proven, 2 a custom 'grey area' bios which gives us the advertised AOS functionality (personally that's my main pickle with this board - no disrespect to the bios devs - quite to the contrary -  infortunately when things don't work as advertised, the devs have no obligation to QUO i'm guessing and we're basically at their mercy, or go tonyhack which is kinda an insult to this board's potential).

Bottom line is try and test for yourself, like the rest of us. We're all walking on grey lines here... ;-)

=> FAO the forum moderators, can we pin the link to the wiki as 1st post to this thread

I am going to purchase the Graphic card they recommend but for the memory I am sticking with Corsair Vengeance Pro series.  Tech support told me that the adata was tested but they was only the 16Gb modules.  They did not test the 32Gb and adata does not sell the set up 4 as Corsair does and QC'd that all 4 modules will work together so I will take my chance on the corsair.   As long as OpenCL works OOTB with the graphics cards they listed I am fine with that.

Its funny Tech support told me the EVGA GTX 660 or the ti version yet Wiki does not list that one?  He told me OpenCL works OOTB with the 660.  SO now I am lost.  Wiki has a different list than what Tech support had told me, unless they just tested the 660 and just did not update the wiki?

Sorry for the garble tapatalk screwed this post up... Here goes again

GOOD NEWS!!!! (Well for me at least :) )

HIS RADEON RADEON 7750 (low profile) WORKS OOTB, FULLY RECOGNISED IN MAVERICKS !! (With 828 bios)

Woohoo!!

On not so good news, Mavericks isn't liking the Sapphire version of this card. I get a black screen after the boot loader (first apple I guess) loads mavericks. From then on its allll black. I'm guessing maybe if I add the device id to AMD7000controller.kext it may work, (card works fine in Linux btw, just to rule the harwdare out)... It's strange that on Tony's forums this specific card has been reported to work OOTB though.... To be continued....

Now for the bad news. CAN'T POST with both cards on board. Could this be broken in the BIOS? :((

Both PCI express lanes work (1&4). Each card works separately in one of those lanes by themselves. Put both in, no go. No Quo Logo, Nada. I can tell it hasn't posted yet because in this condition a single press of the power button switched the machine off, whereas if an OS has loaded it requires a long press to power off. A single press puts it to sleep. Not the case here.

've tried the following settings in 828 bios, changing one at a time, starting from loaded optimised defaults.

- init graphics Auto

- init graphics PCIe

- PCIe gen set to auto

- PCIe fixed to Gen3

- PCIe fixed to Gen2

- 3mark01 boost set to normal

- 3dmark01 boost set to legacy

- video cable attached to card in lane 1 (hdmi / dvi)

- video cable attached to cable in lane 4 (hdmi / dvi)

In every single test, on power on I get a black screen, no Quo Logo... Even after 5 min wait...

Anyone else tried two video cards (let alone crossfire) with the Oz bios? (King? If u still have any patience left.....?)

My setup: core I5 3570k 4gigs of ram, 2 ssds, HIS + SAPPHIRE Radeon 7750 1024 GDDR5

Sorry, I was just trying to be funny. I don't know about the card's suitability either. I use the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 PCIe card and the IOGEAR GBU521 USB dongle - at ~$50 + ~$12 it's a pretty expensive solution, and although the Wifi is rock solid OOB, bluetooth is a bit fussy.

My version of the QUO motherboard doesn't have a mini-PCIe slot. Is there another version that does?

I have that same TP link Wifi card.  I don't care too much about BT.  Is OpenCL working 100% OOTB with that Graphics card or is there some fix etc you need to do?  The model I am looking at is 02G-P4-2765-KR.   

I am also looking at the EVGA GTX 660 2GB.  They also make a 3GB version but 2 is enough for now.  I really don't want to spend more than a couple 100 US on a GC.

I am going to purchase the Graphic card they recommend but for the memory I am sticking with Corsair Vengeance Pro series. Tech support told me that the adata was tested bu they was only the 16Gb modules. They did not test the 32Gb and adata does not sell the set up 4 as Corsair does and QC'd that all 4 modules will work together so I will take my chance on the corsair. As long as OpenCL works OOTB with the graphics cards they listed I am fine with that.

Its funny Tech support told me the EVGA GTX 660 or the ti version yet Wiki does not list that one? He told me OpenCL works OOTB with the 660. SO now I am lost. Wiki has a different list than what Tech support had told me, unless they just tested the 660 and just did not update the wiki?

Ram is ram as far as I'm concerned (speeds not withstanding this comment). Go for the cheap stuff u'll be cursing, especially with OS X - doesn't like the {censored} stuff (kernel panic prone), not to mention ur data will probably corrupt with flipped bits. Personally I'm running. With corsair XMS3 works just fine. You might wanna check the max ram ur CPU can handle though, no point maxing out to 32 gb if it can only handle 16....

As for gfx, the Same rules apply here as for a normal hack I reckon. It's all down to the drivers present in OS X. Nvidia is usually hassle free, Ati better choose wisely.

Ram is ram as far as I'm concerned (speeds not withstanding this comment). Go for the cheap stuff u'll be cursing, especially with OS X - doesn't like the {censored} stuff (kernel panic prone), not to mention ur data will probably corrupt with flipped bits. Personally I'm running. With corsair XMS3 works just fine. You might wanna check the max ram ur CPU can handle though, no point maxing out to 32 gb if it can only handle 16....

As for gfx, the Same rules apply here as for a normal hack I reckon. It's all down to the drivers present in OS X. Nvidia is usually hassle free, Ati better choose wisely.

Thanks I'll stay away from the 1866 the 1600 is cheaper.  I have the I7-3770K it can handle at least 32GB.  I will also look at the XMS3 which is what I have in some of my older rigs.

Anyone else tried two video cards (let alone crossfire) with the Oz bios? (King? If u still have any patience left.....?)

My setup: core I5 3570k 4gigs of ram, 2 ssds, HIS + SAPPHIRE Radeon 7750 1024 GDDR5

Patience I have, what I do not have is 2x nvidia  or ati cards to test...

Some advice for you on multiple discrete gfx cards:

1. do not touch BIOS settings(let everything to auto)

2. make sure card in slot 1 have display connected to it, as test try with display connected only on it

3. test at first only card ports closest to the motherboard and avoid the use of HDMI port best is DVI

Good luck!

That's a great example of people disagreeing while having each one quite valid points.

P.S.: King, i know it's probably not your role here, but since you're online and posting, do you know of any plans from Quo Computers to release a LGA 1150 motherboard for Haswell CPUs?

Before I placed my order the tech support person told me that they will not have plans for 1150 socket since Haswell has minimal performance gains over IvyBridge 1155 socket.

They did hint on a remarkable and significant MB upgrade possibly in the next 2 years based on the dual socket design.  Could that mean 2011 socket not sure?

Before I placed my order the tech support person told me that they will not have plans for 1150 socket since Haswell has minimal performance gains over IvyBridge 1155 socket.

They did hint on a remarkable and significant MB upgrade possibly in the next 2 years based on the dual socket design.  Could that mean 2011 socket not sure?

Well if he is being sincere that is a bit of a bummer. while it is true that haswell does not have large performance improvements the iGPU is substantially better and z87 platform does have some nice improvements- and it would be nice to have a TB2 board as well as maybe a full ATX option. A dual socket board does sound intriguing but would only cater to a very small high end niche of the market and would have to remain price and feature competitive with the mac pro. 

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that QUO has lost much of its enthusiasm for this AOS business. It may not have been as successful as they hoped or perhaps for some other reasons they seem like they are winding down the whole AOS thing instead of reinvesting in new products. I am mostly disappointed that they never got thunderbolt hot-swap working and don't even provide an option to make use of the firewire800 ports. I am glad they are still selling this board but i don't have a lot of confidence that this will be anything but a one-off product.

g\

In going back I noticed this part of your post. There's a fix posted here:

http://www.techspot.com/article/720-building-a-hackintosh/

About halfway down under "Working Out The Kinks" that worked for me. If you haven't seen it, give it a shot.

If FakeSMC sensors are installed, assuming they install in /S/L/E doesn't that cause a conflict with the one that already exists in the EFI partition?  Should the one in the EFI partition be replaced with the FakeSMC sensors?  I have to assume the sensor kext files CPU, GPU etc would also need to be placed in the same location (EFI Partition)?

If FakeSMC sensors are installed, assuming they install in /S/L/E doesn't that cause a conflict with the one that already exists in the EFI partition?  Should the one in the EFI partition be replaced with the FakeSMC sensors?  I have to assume the sensor kext files CPU, GPU etc would also need to be placed in the same location (EFI Partition)?

I had iStat working great with fakesmc and sensor kexts, but after a reinstall it went crazy and iStat started crashing in the menubar. I'm currently trying to get it working again but when it was working all I had done was install the kexts with kext utility and it worked fine.

I had iStat working great with fakesmc and sensor kexts, but after a reinstall it went crazy and iStat started crashing in the menubar. I'm currently trying to get it working again but when it was working all I had done was install the kexts with kext utility and it worked fine.

It won't work because FakeSMC loads from EFI first so I would think that will cause some conflict with the FakeSMC in /S/L/E.  I also think that FakeSMC cannot be replaced in EFI partition because I have to assume the script was written specifically for this Board.

I am also unsure how it will work with legacy install/boot/Chameleon unless there is a setting that will ignore the EFI or the EFI files do not get installed when installing legacy way?

The HermitCrabs BIOS contains FakeSMC. It's not loaded from the EFI partition.

In any case, OS X will always load the copy of the kext with the highest bundle version so if you install a newer version in /S/L/E that will take preference over the one in the BIOS.

• Like 2

The HermitCrabs BIOS contains FakeSMC. It's not loaded from the EFI partition.

In any case, OS X will always load the copy of the kext with the highest bundle version so if you install a newer version in /S/L/E that will take preference over the one in the BIOS.

That's good to know sorry about the incorrect information in my prior post. If fakesmc were in the efi would the same rule apply?

Good to know. I know it worked before. Just wish I could figure out why iStat keeps wigging out on me now.

On my system, the latest release of the iStat Menus.app version 4.20 also fails to load and crashes under both the OS X 10.8.5 and 10.9.1.

• Like 2

On my system, the latest release of the iStat Menus.app version 4.20 also fails to load and crashes under both the OS X 10.8.5 and 10.9.1.

Holy {censored} I never even thought of that. I tracked down 4.1 and it's working great. I've got CPU and Memory displaying, although CPU temp sensors aren't being detected. Just need to figure that one out, but no crashing! Thanks dude! I was banging my head against the wall with this thing. I tried 3 reinstalls, different sensor kexts, reinstalled iStat several times. It's always the easiest thing you don't think of. Now if I could just get audio working (Quo's patch isn't doing it), I'd be all set.

• Like 2

Patience I have, what I do not have is 2x nvidia  or ati cards to test...

Some advice for you on multiple discrete gfx cards:

1. do not touch BIOS settings(let everything to auto)

2. make sure card in slot 1 have display connected to it, as test try with display connected only on it

3. test at first only card ports closest to the motherboard and avoid the use of HDMI port best is DVI

Good luck!

Lol ok, fair enough ;)

Thanks for the advice. I tried all the above, but still no luck.... I wonder if the bios writes a log somewhere... maybe accessible through the uefi shell? But that would also mean storing incrmental data in the ROM, which has a limited capacity....

I have been struggling most of the night trying to figure out why my EVGA GT 640 won't  work.  It boots up but only to a grey screen?  Not sure if I need to disable the integrated Graphics or what or possibly PCIRootUID=1 or 0?

And whats going on with the unknown CPU model?  It is in the list of supported processors on Wiki.  Intel i7-3770K

Here is a snippet of the dsemg.

Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: 0x1face000, 0  Intel82574L::setLinkStatus - not active
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: flow_divert_kctl_disconnect (0): disconnecting group 1
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR $Num kSMCKeyNotFound(0x84) fKeyHashTable=0x0
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: NVDAStartup: Official
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: init
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: probe
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: start
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: 0x1face000, 0  Intel82574L::setLinkStatus - not active
Feb 23 19:02:20 localhost kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Down on en1. Reason 8 (Disassociated because station leaving).
Feb 23 19:02:21 localhost com.apple.usbmuxd[26]: usbmuxd-327.4 on Jan  7 2014 at 01:25:07, running 64 bit
Feb 23 19:02:21 localhost configd[18]: dhcp_arp_router: en1 SSID unavailable
Feb 23 19:02:21 localhost configd[18]: network changed.
Feb 23 19:02:21 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local configd[18]: setting hostname to "osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local"
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local mds[39]: (Normal) FMW: FMW 0 0
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local com.apple.SecurityServer[14]: Entering service
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local ManagedClient[42]: Unable to check and process startup profiles due to existing lock in place
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local digest-service[64]: label: default
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local digest-service[64]:     dbname: od:/Local/Default
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local digest-service[64]:     mkey_file: /var/db/krb5kdc/m-key
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local digest-service[64]:     acl_file: /var/db/krb5kdc/kadmind.acl
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local digest-service[64]: digest-request: uid=0
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local loginwindow[43]: Login Window Application Started
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local mDNSResponder[40]: mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-522.1.11 (Aug 24 2013 23:49:34) starting OSXVers 13
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local awacsd[59]: Starting awacsd connectivity_executables-97 (Aug 24 2013 23:49:23)
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local awacsd[59]: InnerStore CopyAllZones: no info in Dynamic Store
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local UserEventAgent[11]: Failed to copy info dictionary for bundle /System/Library/UserEventPlugins/alfUIplugin.plugin
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local UserEventAgent[11]: Captive: CNPluginHandler en1: Inactive
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local aosnotifyd[62]: aosnotifyd has been launched
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local xpcd[65]: Info.plist does not contain an XPCService dictionary: /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/XPCServices/SecurityAgent.xpc
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Server is starting up
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local digest-service[64]: digest-request: netr probe 0
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local digest-service[64]: digest-request: init request
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local digest-service[64]: digest-request: init return domain: BUILTIN server: OSXFR33KS-MAC-PRO indomain was: <NULL>
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local systemkeychain[87]: done file: /var/run/systemkeychaincheck.done
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local configd[18]: network changed.
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local configd[18]: network changed: DNS*
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local mDNSResponder[40]: D2D_IPC: Loaded
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local mDNSResponder[40]: D2DInitialize succeeded
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro UserEventAgent[11]: assertion failed: 13B42: com.apple.telemetry + 21716 [19C2F49F-5C72-3429-A2B4-7EF783B7F611]: 0xffffffffffffffff
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local mDNSResponder[40]:   4: Listening for incoming Unix Domain Socket client requests
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local networkd[104]: networkd.104 built Aug 24 2013 22:08:46
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Session 256 retained (2 references)
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Session 256 released (1 references)
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Session 256 retained (2 references)
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: init_page_flip: page flip mode is on
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local apsd[61]: CGSLookupServerRootPort: Failed to look up the port for "com.apple.windowserver.active" (1102)
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local locationd[45]: Incorrect NSStringEncoding value 0x8000100 detected. Assuming NSASCIIStringEncoding. Will stop this compatiblity mapping be$
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local locationd[45]: NBB-Could not get UDID for stable refill timing, falling back on random
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Found 1 modes for display 0x00000000 [1, 0]
Feb 23 19:02:22 --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: mux_initialize: Couldn't find any matches
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Found 1 modes for display 0x00000000 [1, 0]
Feb 23 19:02:22 --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: WSMachineUsesNewStyleMirroring: true
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Display 0x41dc9d02: GL mask 0x4; bounds (0, 0)[1280 x 1024], 25 modes available
        Main, Active, on-line, enabled, built-in, Vendor 756e6b6e, Model 76697274, S/N 0, Unit 2, Rotation 0
        UUID 0xffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Display 0x41dc9d01: GL mask 0x2; bounds (0, 0)[1280 x 1024], 2 modes available
        off-line, enabled, built-in, Vendor 756e6b6e, Model 76697274, S/N 0, Unit 1, Rotation 0
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Display 0x41dc9d00: GL mask 0x1; bounds (0, 0)[1280 x 1024], 2 modes available
        off-line, enabled, built-in, Vendor 756e6b6e, Model 76697274, S/N 0, Unit 0, Rotation 0
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Display 0x41dc9d02: GL mask 0x4; bounds (0, 0)[1280 x 1024], 25 modes available
        Main, Active, on-line, enabled, built-in, Vendor 756e6b6e, Model 76697274, S/N 0, Unit 2, Rotation 0
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Display 0x41dc9d01: GL mask 0x2; bounds (2304, 0)[1 x 1], 2 modes available
        off-line, enabled, built-in, Vendor 756e6b6e, Model 76697274, S/N 0, Unit 1, Rotation 0
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Display 0x41dc9d00: GL mask 0x1; bounds (2305, 0)[1 x 1], 2 modes available
        off-line, enabled, built-in, Vendor 756e6b6e, Model 76697274, S/N 0, Unit 0, Rotation 0
        UUID 0xffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFeb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: CGXPerformInitialDisplayConfiguration
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]:   Display 0x41dc9d02: Unit 2; Vendor 0x756e6b6e Model 0x76697274 S/N 0 Dimensions 0.00 x 0.00; online enabled built-in, $
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]:   Display 0x41dc9d01: Unit 1; Vendor 0x756e6b6e Model 0x76697274 S/N 0 Dimensions 0.00 x 0.00; offline enabled built-in,$
Feb 23 19:02:22 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]:   Display 0x41dc9d00: Unit 0; Vendor 0x756e6b6e Model 0x76697274 S/N 0 Dimensions 0.00 x 0.00; offline enabled built-in,$
Feb 23 19:02:23 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: 18.356041: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
Feb 23 19:02:23 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local locationd[45]: Location icon should now be in state 'Inactive'
Feb 23 19:02:23 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: hfs: mounted keep on device disk0s4
Feb 23 19:02:23 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local airportd[63]: airportdProcessDLILEvent: en1 attached (up)
Feb 23 19:02:23 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: AtherosNewma40P2PInterface::init name <p2p0> role 1
Feb 23 19:02:23 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: AtherosNewma40P2PInterface::init() <p2p> role 1
Feb 23 19:02:23 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local xpcd[65]: Info.plist does not contain an XPCService dictionary: /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/XPCServices/SecurityAgent.xpc
Feb 23 19:02:23 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: 19.011703: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 581
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: flow_divert_kctl_disconnect (0): disconnecting group 1
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: 19.885807: performCountryCodeOperation: Not connected, scan in progress[0]
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: 19.886216: setWOW_PARAMETERS:wowevents = 2(1)
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: 19.889693: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: 19.892854: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: 19.895033: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: GLCompositor: GL renderer id 0x01022727, GL mask 0x00000007, accelerator 0x0000342f, unit 0, caps QEX|MIPMAP, vram 2048 $
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: GLCompositor: GL renderer id 0x01022727, GL mask 0x00000007, texture max 16384, viewport max {16384, 16384}, extensions $
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: GLCompositor enabled for tile size [256 x 256]
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: CGXGLInitMipMap: mip map mode is on
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local loginwindow[43]: **DMPROXY** Found `/System/Library/CoreServices/DMProxy'.
Feb 23 19:02:24 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: **DMPROXY** (2) Found `/System/Library/CoreServices/DMProxy'.
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Display 0x41dc9d02: Unit 2; ColorProfile { 2, "Display"}; TransferFormula (1.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000)
Feb 23 19:02:25 --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local xpcd[65]: Info.plist does not contain an XPCService dictionary: /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/XPCServices/SecurityAgent.xpc
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[85]: Display 0x41dc9d02: Unit 2; ColorProfile { 2, "Display"}; TransferFormula (1.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000)
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local launchctl[125]: com.apple.findmymacmessenger: Already loaded
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local xpcd[65]: Info.plist does not contain an XPCService dictionary: /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/XPCServices/SecurityAgent.xpc
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local com.apple.SecurityServer[14]: Session 100004 created
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local UserEventAgent[127]: Failed to copy info dictionary for bundle /System/Library/UserEventPlugins/alfUIplugin.plugin
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: 20.311973: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local loginwindow[43]: Login Window Started Security Agent
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local SecurityAgent[133]: This is the first run
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local SecurityAgent[133]: MacBuddy was run = 0
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local SecurityAgent[133]: CVCGDisplayLink::setCurrentDisplay didn't find a valid display - falling back to 60Hz
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local mds_stores[81]: (/Volumes/keep/.Spotlight-V100/Store-V2/0E734B80-C931-4B29-8BC1-6B82BC7487C6)(Warning) IndexState in void updateMetaInfoFo$
Feb 23 19:02:25 osxfr33ks-Mac-Pro.local mds_stores[81]: (/Volumes/keep/.Spotlight-V100/Store-V2/0E734B80-C931-4B29-8BC1-6B82BC7487C6)(Warning) IndexState in void updateMetaInfoFo$

With the EFI install its a bit confusing many aspects, such as just before the install and after.

You choose EFI install or do you choose the flash drive from F12 for example.   How can you run commands like you do in Chameleon on the bootlline?  I want to try PCIRootUID=1 for example.  I know you use nvram commands but for example I run the command -v how do I undue it?

Examples:

sudo nvram boot-args="-v"

How do I change it back to non verbose?

Can add PCIRootUID=1 and then change it back to whatever the default was?

I have the latest Osmosis 828 and I am lost as to why the EVGA GT 640 will not work.  That is fully supported in all my other builds 10.9.1 and I have several.

I had to reboot so many times I the file system got corrupted cannot be repaired, have to reinstall.  One of the installs takes 8 minutes and the other says 28 minutes so one of them must be UEFI and the other Legacy.  I have to assume booting to the flash drive will be Legacy install then right?

From Laceomni page 43, thread #856

• #5 Select UEFI:Install OS X Mavericks

Maybe a screen shot because I don't see that line what so ever.  Keep in mind my flash drive partition was made GUID not master boot record maybe that could be the reason for the difference?

Here is what I have from F12:

Install OS X Mavericks

UEFI: USB USB Hard Drive 

Is the second choice the UEFI installer and the first one a Legacy install?

The BIOS is majority flakey and crashes a lot.  Sometimes I see a flashing cursor other times it just won't let me do anything in the Bios, I have to reboot.

If I have the EVGA GT 640 card in place no matter what I do I cannot boot using the integrated GPU I get a black screen.  Then when I take out the Discrete Card I still get a black screen until I reboot a couple of times.

I will continue to work with it hopefully come up with something but its a lot more work than any of my other Chameleon Builds I can tell you that.

I am not complaining or trying to bash the board or its  Bios, I am sure its because I am doing things wrong or have unsupported hardware.

Maybe a chance I have a bad Bio chip/board?

My Configuration is exactly the same as the Z77X in my Signature except for the TP Link wireless card I have in slot 3 since I cannot get it to fit into slot 2 being the discrete covers over that slot.

EDITED:

Removed the Discrete Card and again same issue the screen is black and blinking have to reboot a few times to get back into the Bios major bug.  Loaded Optimized setting in Bios.  Went back into Bios Chose IGUP for Init Display First and Enabled for integrated graphics, saved.  Went back into Bios and Guess what the changes I made went right back to default.  Auto and Auto.

Flashed Factory fresh Bios followed by Osmosis same deal over and over again.  Tried a different Graphics card ATI HD 6870 by Gigabyte and same deal boots in to OSX with Grey Screen.

Every time I put in a Discrete card the Quo Splash Screen freezes and or/the Bios Freezes.   This is Osmosis 828.

I am not having any issues with the Intel 4000 but on occasion the Bios still freezes.

EDITED AGAIN:

I didn't give up and set up boot-args combinations still no luck just a gray screen which I have seen before without GraphicsEnabler=yes or PCIRootUID=1 or 0.

sudo nvram boot-args="-v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=yes"

To clear boot-args

sudo nvram -d boot-args

To view boot-args

sudo nvram -p

Tried many combos without really trying these args, ncpi=0x0200 and ncpi=0x0300.`

sudo nvram boot-args="-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=yes"

etc etc.

I can't figure it out other than this EVGA GT 640 just will not work which is shocking to say the least when its 100% vanilla in all my other installs with GraphicsEnabler=no.   Well this is not exactly a Chameleon Bootloader either.

I did tray the legacy install or booted with a USB flash with Chameleon but I  got "Still Waiting for Device"  Not sure if the SATA controller is supported in legacy or not?

I can't figure it out other than this EVGA GT 640 just will not work which is shocking to say the least when its 100% vanilla in all my other installs with GraphicsEnabler=no.   Well this is not exactly a Chameleon Bootloader either.

You answer yourself, the card is 100% vanilla(in your opinion) with GraphicsEnabler=no.

On Ozmosis you do not have this feature.

For the rest of the "stuff" you are trying, I think you are doing too much instead of reading this topic first.

• Like 1

You answer yourself, the card is 100% vanilla(in your opinion) with GraphicsEnabler=no.

On Ozmosis you do not have this feature.

For the rest of the "stuff" you are trying, I think you are doing too much instead of reading this topic first.

I did read through all 60 pages of the thread and there are some using Graphics cards not listed on Wiki, like the GTX 760 for example.  Tech Support told me the GTX 660 and ti are supported and they are not even listed on Wiki, and from this site my GT 640 should be supported.

http://www.techspot.com/article/720-building-a-hackintosh

So not sure why the card will not work?  For under $100 it would be a great card to use for cost savings and performance value.

Is there a chance for it to be fully supported possibly on the next firmware revision?

The Wiki is made by a user like you, if you are not satisfied by it, make a better one or contribute/improve it.

About that site, you shouldn't trust everything is said on internet...

Dunno if your card will be fully supported on the next firmware revision.

• Like 1