HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Finally I can update to 10.10.2 with Tora Chi Yo Rev.8N and replace pthread.kext. But the serial number is unavailable in about this mac.  :( Whats wrong?? and how to fix it??

2u56w7q.png

In Yosemite 10.10.x its version number is hidden by default.

After using mouse click on 10.10.x its version number will show.

• Like 1

AFAIK missing Serial Numbers not only in AMD machine ..

you can generate smbios with chameleon wizard and set closes with your hardware, for clover you can use clover configurator to regenerate smbios

p.s.

Great respect to AnV, Bronya, Torachiyo ... you're genius .. brothers ...  :thumbsup_anim:

You misread or misunderstood: people were talking about system Serial Numbers (showing "Unavailable"), not OS X version...

But actually no such an error in my AMD Hackintosh (ASUS M4A78 Plus MB + Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU) with

Tora Chi Yo's 8N kernel.

So I guess he means version number instead of UUID.

post-70188-0-57539800-1426591989_thumb.png

Which AppleACPIPlatform.kext are you guys using with 10.10.2? Its killing me, if I keep the one that comes with the system (3.1) it doesn't load, with Mavericks version (2.0) I get the whole bunch of errors... Can anyone upload AppleACPIPlatform from 10.10.0/10.10.1?

I am trying to install 10.10.2 from USB because my 10.10.0 installation broke last night, can't download 10.10.0 from anywhere now. I am using Tora Chi Yo's kernel 8N.

EDIT: Installation always hangs at The JointExistingSession key is only available to application services line, any advice?

I installed yosemite 10.10.2 with 1010-kernel-REV-8N and 10102-UPD-Patch-pthread.kext. Successfully boot via USB but get kernel opcode error when tried to boot from hdd after chameleon instalation. Tried with -f and without one flag. What i did wrong ?

PS: Solved it by reinstalling chameleon.

• 3 weeks later...

I made my first successful hackintosh update using gils83's pack! Thank you! :) 

Actually, the only thing I needed from the pack was pthread.kext

I have a small backup partition with Yosemite, so everything went nice and easy:

- put Bronya's kernel in root

- install combo update

- restart to backup partition

- put kexts in S/L/E and delete all kexts starting with AppleIntelF*, AppleIntelCPU*, AppleIntelHD* and AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (I guess only AppleTyMCE is causing problems on my system)

- restart to updated installation with /kernel flag

- install qe/ci exotic patch for my card

- move kernel to S/L/K, repair permissions and rebuild cache with Kext Wizard.. voila!

With Niresh's Yosemite 10.10.1 I could install my first Hackintosh. (Well, I still had a lot of re-try's and stuff, but it works fine now!)

My AMD build looks like this:

- AMD FX-8350 Black Edition

- Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

- MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Gaming (N760 TF 2GD5/OC)

- Crucial Ballistix Tactical BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0CEU (2x 8GB)

Now, how would I go about updating to 10.10.3? (Or even 10.10.4 beta, without a Dev Account.)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Adr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I might as well post this in the help topic as well:

Below are the current Yosemite kernels for AMD as of 22 May 2015

11 March 2015 Bronya - mach_10.10_all_amd_rc7

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-54?p=2118743&do=findComment&comment=2118743

09 March 2015 Tora Chi Yo - 1010-kernel-REV-8N + pthread.kext for unofficial supported updating of 10.10.2/3/4

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-54?p=2118292&do=findComment&comment=2118292

• Like 1

FakeSMC and a proper kernel for your hardware, with appropriate Clover settings... I'd start the most vanilla possible, using an easier system version to set up (that is, Mavericks 10.9.5: you'll have to find a kernel for it, there are plenty of working alternatives). When it finally boots, try to get near-full functionality, and only then make the move to bleeding edge (that is, any 10.10.x, you will want to use one of the kernels Duran just linked above). Be sure to take a look at www.rampagedev.com, perhaps you'll find a proper DMG for your HW there.

Good luck!

• Like 1

FakeSMC and a proper kernel for your hardware, with appropriate Clover settings... I'd start the most vanilla possible, using an easier system version to set up (that is, Mavericks 10.9.5: you'll have to find a kernel for it, there are plenty of working alternatives). When it finally boots, try to get near-full functionality, and only then make the move to bleeding edge (that is, any 10.10.x, you will want to use one of the kernels Duran just linked above). Be sure to take a look at www.rampagedev.com, perhaps you'll find a proper DMG for your HW there.

Good luck!

It's already running with latest Mavericks.

Are you suggestion I don't need extra kexts to make it boot? just one of the kernels?

I'll try Yosemite tonight. Thanks! :)

so I tried Bronya's RC7 and Tori's Rev8 kernels

with the following kexts:

• AppleACPI
  • IOPCIFamily
  • IOUSBFamily
  • IOUSBMassStorage
  • pthread

I need the 1st four otherwise, I'll get kernel panic. And even though pthread is from Tori's kernel, I get kernel panic without it on Bronya kernel.

I'm also using the latest chameleon (2686) and using the boot file included with the pkg and a test boot from the chameleon dev thread.

and my setup is stuck (please see screenshot).

any ideas on how to fix?

post-1276315-0-25498900-1432512750_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

separate topic:

I wanna roll my own Mavericks installer and I'm pretty sure I've used only fakesmc and nullpowermanagement (can someone please confirm?).

I'm wondering where can I get these two? I've searched the net but found many many links but unsure if these are reliable versions/sources.

thanks again

I was wondering if Bronya's latest RC7 kernel also has famesmc built in like his previous  kernels?

so I tried Bronya's RC7 and Tori's Rev8 kernels

with the following kexts:

• AppleACPI
  • IOPCIFamily
  • IOUSBFamily
  • IOUSBMassStorage
  • pthread

I need the 1st four otherwise, I'll get kernel panic. And even though pthread is from Tori's kernel, I get kernel panic without it on Bronya kernel.

I'm also using the latest chameleon (2686) and using the boot file included with the pkg and a test boot from the chameleon dev thread.

and my setup is stuck (please see screenshot).

any ideas on how to fix?

This is GPU related. Try to add or disable GraphicsInjection, or add your GPU in your DSDT. Good luck!

P.S.: Did you remember to boot with the flag kext_dev_mode=1? It's mandatory since Yosemite.

• Like 1

This is GPU related. Try to add or disable GraphicsInjection, or add your GPU in your DSDT. Good luck!

P.S.: Did you remember to boot with the flag kext_dev_mode=1? It's mandatory since Yosemite.

How do I disable graphics injection? I looked at my chameleon plist and the only thing that might be related is this setting:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

And thanks for the tip. I didn't know I had to set that kernel flag.

just tried again last night. with the kernel dev flag. and still doesn't work. Tried the other kexts mentioned in my post above but still stuck (see screenshot)

---------------------------------------

So I decided to roll my own Mavericks installer and it seems ok, but I have 3 issues.

Only thing I changed is use bronya's boot file + kernel (both are version 10.9.5 rc5b) + NullPowerManagement.

1. slow boot. I thought this has something to do with AppleTyMCEDriver. I removed it but didn't make a difference.

2. I need 3 extra kext files for audio, network and a Marvell SATA controller. During every startup I get a message something along the lines of "These files has not been signed properly but I'll load it anyway".

3. It's similar to no.2 but for the nullpowermanagement. Except this time, it seems OS X is not loading the kext at all. Maybe I don't need the kext at all?

In saying that, when I use a myHack USB installer, these 3 problems/issues are non-existent.

Any ideas on how to fix? Perhaps I'm missing a kext?

Thanks a lot.