HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

no chance with Enoch.. Change kernel?

No, it does not overwrite the kernel! then install another chameleon bootloader, but Enoch is good.

if you've created your USB Installer, then start the myHack.app. then select "Remove Problimatic Extensions" remove: AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext from your USB installer and start again

I'll say goodbye now, it's late ..I still have to do something. we can write tomorrow.

good luck!

• Like 1

No, it does not overwrite the kernel! then install another chameleon bootloader, but Enoch is good.

if you've created your USB Installer, then start the myHack.app. then select "Remove Problimatic Extensions" remove: AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext from your USB installer and start again

I'll say goodbye now, it's late ..I still have to do something. we can write tomorrow.

SORRY, really SORRY for my bad english!

I wanted to mean if changing kernel changes something ..

now it started installing, with the kernel BSA rc1! I will keep you informed as soon as you restart the system!

ok spakk! thanks for the immense patience! Good sleep, see you tomorrow!

Edited by lfmg

Test BSA_RC1 or BSA_RC2  .. one of them should run.

A BIG THANKS TO SPAKK!

It works!

How to do | AMD A4-3400 + Gigabyte GA-A55S-DS2

1) prepare USB Installer myhack.app

2) copy kernel BSA_rc1 in USB Installer

3) copy kext you sent me ..

4) install Enoch rev.2748 on USB Installer

4.1) create a folder on the USB Installer (post-inst) where to insert Enoch.pkg !!

5) start from USB Installer "-f -v NPCI = 0x3000"

6) standard installation

7) when asked what myHack Extras folder to copy, select the one that is on the USB Installer and NOT the generic ..

7.1) reboot, boot from USB [ 5) ], copy kernel from USB to HDD with "cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/Mac\" (Mac is the name of my HDD)

8) turn off the system, install an external graphics card (for me GT210) and start the system from the HDD, "-f -v NPCI = 0x3000"

9) to do the first configuration, then install the HDD Enoch!

10) Turn off the system, remove the graphics card, turn on the system with onboard video, "-f NPCI = 0x3000".

thatsallfolks.jpg

suggestions welcome!

p.s. follow this topic!

Onboard 6410D | we must activate qe/ci.. 

Pink icons.. and audio not work "out of box"

Edited by lfmg
  • Like 1

Just as you have described the guide can be installed OS X  to on AMD. -It Was not so difficult?  :D  ... That sometimes problems may arise create the USB belongs, unfortunately so. You can only learn from the mistakes in the future. ^_^

Now install the ioregExplorer.app and export the file for example as ioreg.ioreg, then we can experiment whether we get the graphics card to run. ^_^

• Like 1

Just as you have described the guide can be installed OS X  to on AMD. -It Was not so difficult?  :D  ... That sometimes problems may arise create the USB belongs, unfortunately so. You can only learn from the mistakes in the future. ^_^

Now install the ioregExplorer.app and export the file for example as ioreg.ioreg, then we can experiment whether we get the graphics card to run. ^_^

yes, I know, but the choice of the kernel and kext was not so "fast" .. and then I always used Chameleon and never Enoch (essential to start the APU) ..

I have now updated (and copied the kernel) to 10.9.5 (no more pink icons), now you send the file;)

EDIT:

http://www.filedropper.com/ioreglfmg

Edited by lfmg

I'll see this afternoon and will try to patch the graphics card into the DSDT.aml.

• Like 1

Hi ifmg,
unfortunately the NVCAP Maker does not work on my Hackintosh :( . possibly the app can work on your hackintosh.

If it does not work for you, then please would someone make this and post it here.

if it does work for you, then install NVCAP Maker and import the 1022_9644.rom. thus then should appear a string. then upload the string here.
install and run the DarwinDumper.app, then upload the zip file.

NVCAP_Maker.zip

DarwinDumper_v2.9.8.zip

1002_9644.rom.zip

• Like 1

Hi ifmg,

unfortunately the NVCAP Maker does not work on my Hackintosh :( . possibly the app can work on your hackintosh.

If it does not work for you, then please would someone make this and post it here.

if it does work for you, then install NVCAP Maker and import the 1022_9644.rom. thus then should appear a string. then upload the string here.

install and run the DarwinDumper.app, then upload the zip file.

It seems that doesn't work, I've only this string:

ROM file: /Volumes/myHack OS X 10.9 Install Disk/post-inst/6410d extract/1002_9644.rom
Copyright 2008 Arti Itra version 1.4
If you find this program useful you
may consider a PayPal donation to:
******@gmail.com

Here there is the zip file of DarwinDumper.app.. Here..

This message I get, too. Maybe this works only for NVIDIA Graphics cards, I do not know

Hello again guys. Trying to get Yosemite working. Installed the Yosemite Zone via VMware to my physical HDD and added boot plist, kexts and kernels but from chameleon it instant reboots after loading kexts. Specs are in my signature. I've had 10.6 to 10.9 installed in the past using this method.

Tried ignoring kext cache and safe boot. Thanks guys

no luck, unfortunately, it's too complicated. :(
ask rampagedev or rehabman, may they see an opportunity.

• Like 1

Hello again guys. Trying to get Yosemite working. Installed the Yosemite Zone via VMware to my physical HDD and added boot plist, kexts and kernels but from chameleon it instant reboots after loading kexts. Specs are in my signature. I've had 10.6 to 10.9 installed in the past using this method.

Tried ignoring kext cache and safe boot. Thanks guys

After installing go to the directory /usr /standalone/   here you find the bootcaches.plist then change the line:

<key>Preferred Compression</key>
            <string>lzss</string>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

If you use Chameleon bootloader, then used Enoch bootloader,

bootargs: -v kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 usekernelcache=No

install the amd kernel to the /System/Library/kernels/ *,  here  is the current amd kernel based on 10.10.2 (xnu-2782.10.72)

no luck, unfortunately, it's too complicated. :(

ask rampagedev or rehabman, may they see an opportunity.

Spakk, really, I do not know how to thank you!

You are very kind and very patient! I hope to activate the 6410D, or will opt for a GT210 cheaply .. Thank you very much!

p.s.it is rare to find users so friendly!

• Like 1

no problem my friend. let's see, the days will experiment a little, when I have time ... but look just as an experiment ^_^ 

• Like 1

no problem my friend. let's see, the days will experiment a little, when I have time ... but look just as an experiment ^_^ 

for now I have decided that I will use this old GT210 (I do not think I have it, honestly..) :wink_anim:

I've run the installation and upgrade to 10.9.5 with the GT210 (again) and I had no issue with that.. and this, for me, is a great method for a possible future re-installation..

Thank you, again!

p.s. that dsdt as you sent me, it's okay? I mean, doesn't I've to do any substantial change? Can I leave it as is?

I had hoped that DarwinDumper creates a device-properties.plist from your device-properties.hex, unfortunately not., because then we would have entered this string in the org.chameleon.boot.plist. then the AMD Radeon HD graphics card could be addressed, unfortunately that has not been exported from DarwinDumper. :(

Create again a raw dsdt.dsl with the built-in GT210 and upload them here. (GT210 is definitely an alternative, the AGP ( AMD Radeon HD graphics) is very difficult to patch, I have bitten off my teeth, unfortunately without success)

To all, I suspect that we have a massive problem since Update of (build 14F6a) to (build 14F19a)

.....update to Yosemite 10.10.5 Build (4F19a) makes significant problems with AMD CPUs when booting.

The system stuck at: [iOBluetoothHCIController] [searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] - Missing Bluetooth Controller transport!
 Unfortunately, there are so far no way to resolve the issue, neither by removing problematic Extensions by myHack.app nor by removing AppleIntelF * and AppleIntelHD * ( or other graphics drivers, I use Nvidia graphics card) , nor with boot with -x or -s -x or -v -f etc ... I think that we now have a massive problem. It interested me your opinion or your experience with the update. ^_^

2.)

Then I noticed, I think that this is possible since the update on F146a? I can boot with this bootargs rootless=0 etc... I was assuming that this is only absolutely necessary with El Capitan.

.. then I have enter the following command in terminal:

$ sudo nvram boot-args="rootless=0"; osascript -e 'tell app "loginwindow" to «event aevtrrst»'

the input also has works by entering the code I was kindly asked to restart the system........ or I think / I do something wrong? ^_^

Edited by spakk

install the amd kernel to the /System/Library/kernels/ *,  here  is the current amd kernel based on 10.10.2 (xnu-2782.10.72)

Is the Framework and kext required aswell?

Also what about FakeSMC? I read on a post it is best to avoid it with AMD.

FakeSMC is the one thing that is absolutely necessary, NullCPUPowerManagement can be avoided (although I use it all the time).

Not sure about kexts, but they usually don't work well on my machine. Wait for spakk on that one.

which will not hurt to install the FakeSMC.kext and NullPowerManagement.kext into Extra/Extensions/ ... I have installed all my drivers into Extra/Extensions/
..so is the folder /System/Library/Extensions/ untouched.

Took the plunge and Yosemite is now installing from USB. I've always used FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement but even Pandora says to skip FakeSMC for AMD kernels. Not sure why.

FakeSMC:
Which is part of the kernel, as far as I know, but I use to be the FakeSMC.kext.

I know that you're a Pandora fan :D , the current pandora.app includes Enoch bootloader, use this.

Edit: 1
Shaneee, you should to remove these extensions from S/L/E: AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

look in Appendix I attached my Extra/Extensions folder, may you can use the one or the other Drivers?

Edit: 2
But guys! Please do not lose sight of this here ...... otherwise we will not get ..

Extensions.zip

Thanks to @spakk I have successfully got 10.10 installed. Your kernel was the only one that worked for me. Just need to get Audio working and update the system. Thanks for your help.

Edit:

I've broken it already lol I'm going to assume the 10.10.4 update isn't safe for us?

• Like 1