Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,867 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I guess I'm still missing something, cause I got the same error again... Not sure why. Yesterday it worked fine... Now it's back at:

build.py...
 : error C0DE: Unknown fatal error when processing [/Users/jimmy/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf]

This is what I'm using to build:

cd ~
mkdir src
cd src
git clone https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/edk2.git --depth 1
cd edk2
svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/ Clover
make -C BaseTools/Source/C
source edksetup.sh
cd Clover
./buildgettext.sh
./buildmtoc.sh
./buildnasm.sh
./ebuild.sh -fr
cd CloverPackage
./makepkg

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Hi, changes to ebuild.sh prevent the compilation of BaseTools in a fresh workspace (if WORKSPACE is already defined), i.e. there's no need to manually call make on it as it will be done automatically.

I encounter a problem that I was compiled Clover from ~/src/EDK2/Clover. There is WORKSPACE=Edk2.

Then I switched to CloverBootloader from github and I can't compile because WORKSPACE is already defined to Edk2.

How it can be resolved?

O! Different bash windows for different projects!

2 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Plz refer to @fusion71au post here (to summarize):

.. hmmb, I don't think https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/edk2.git is exist #btw :)

And, not sure why `svn co` is executed later #LOL. I meant, yeah.. we have 2 repos on 2 diff locations #atm (which previously, was also confusing me.. though, seems normal on migration progress). Thanks.

Hi @Badruzeus

What do you mean: "I don't think https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/edk2.git is exist". I don't understand: I use it both SF script and Github script (replacing svn co by git checkout of course). I've made a mistake.

Hello.

Haiku (BeOS) is EFI capable since Beta 1 last year. Any idea how to load this OS via Clover?

Plz correct me if I'm wrong; BFS driver from grub has been exist since ancient Chameleon era with Legacy.

With UEFI, I tried placing bfs_x64.efi from here onto \efi\clover\drivers\uefi.. but once I chainload \efi\boot\bootx64.efi (Haiku Bootloader from separated ESP) via Clover, the machine got frozen. Guessing, I missed something.

Is there any special EFI FS which is Clover compatible or is not?

Or, you may wanna take a look BFS efi driver from this repo? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 18.03.12.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 19.07.57.jpg

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Plz refer to @fusion71au post here (to summarize):

.. hmmb, I don't think https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/edk2.git is exist #btw :)

And, not sure why `svn co` is executed later #LOL. I meant, yeah.. we have 2 repos on 2 diff locations #atm (which previously, was also confusing me.. though, seems normal on migration progress). Thanks.

Hi Badruzeus!

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. :) 

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/edk2.git definitely does exist. :) But I guess we shouldn't mix and match the new CloverHackyColor GIT repo with the old Clover SVN repo. Or if we do, as fusion said, we should probably use a specific edk2 revision from tianocore (with patches later on).

I'll try using "git clone https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git" though and see if that works.

Funny thing is that, despite of that error, the build is actually completed successfully, and it works ok, for as far as I can tell. :))

Anyway, once again, thanks for the link.

Edited by arsradu
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Badruzeus

What do you mean: "I don't think https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/edk2.git is exist". I don't understand: I use it both SF script and Github script (replacing svn co by git checkout of course). I've made a mistake.

@arsradu @Matgen84 Oh my bad, it was mistake. Sorry for wrong comment; I thought he wanna clone CloverBootloader repo from github #LOL.. now I just realized it was EDKII. :lol: I have to correct that https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/edk2.git is exist. I deleted prev. confusing reply. Thanks anyway.

#EDIT: Though, not sure since when this EDKII was exist #LMAO.

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hi Badruzeus!

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. :) 

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/edk2.git definitely does exist. :) But I guess we shouldn't mix and match the new CloverHackyColor GIT repo with the old Clover SVN repo. Or if we do, as fusion said, we should probably use a specific edk2 revision from tianocore (with patches later on).

I'll try using "git clone https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git" though and see if that works.

Funny thing is that, despite of that error, the build is actually completed successfully, and it works ok, for as far as I can tell. :))

Anyway, once again, thanks for the link.

@Slice said: same EDK2 is already patched in the two repo, I think. Why re-patch?  

I use two script: one for SF repo and one for Github repo to avoid confusing specially with svn: all works fine.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

@Slice said: same EDK2 is already patched in the two repo, I think. Why re-patch?  

I use two script: one for SF repo and one for Github repo to avoid confusing specially with svn: all works fine.

No, no. No need to rep-patch. But as Slice said above, and as I was trying to say myself (not successfully apparently :)), this only applies when using tianocore's EDK2. So not with CloverHackyColor.

I'll try using CloverBootloader on its own...see how that works.

That didn't quite work for me...

I'm getting this:

[XCODE]
================= Making all in boot1-install =================
	[XCODE] boot1-install
================= Making all in partutil =================
	[XCODE] partutil
================= Making all in bdmesg =================
	[XCODE] bdmesg
================= Making all in clover-genconfig =================
	[XCODE] clover-genconfig
================= Making all in espfinder =================
	[XCODE] espfinder
sed: package/../../Version.h: No such file or directory
Failed conversion of ``'' using format ``%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S''
date: illegal time format
usage: date [-jnRu] [-d dst] [-r seconds] [-t west] [-v[+|-]val[ymwdHMS]] ... 
            [-f fmt date | [[[mm]dd]HH]MM[[cc]yy][.ss]] [+format]

Edited by arsradu

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

No, no. No need to rep-patch. But as Slice said above, and as I was trying to say myself (not successfully apparently :)), this only applies when using tianocore's EDK2. So not with CloverHackyColor.

I'll try using CloverBootloader on its own...see how that works.

That didn't quite work for me...

I'm getting this:

[XCODE]
================= Making all in boot1-install =================
	[XCODE] boot1-install
================= Making all in partutil =================
	[XCODE] partutil
================= Making all in bdmesg =================
	[XCODE] bdmesg
================= Making all in clover-genconfig =================
	[XCODE] clover-genconfig
================= Making all in espfinder =================
	[XCODE] espfinder
sed: package/../../Version.h: No such file or directory
Failed conversion of ``'' using format ``%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S''
date: illegal time format
usage: date [-jnRu] [-d dst] [-r seconds] [-t west] [-v[+|-]val[ymwdHMS]] ... 
            [-f fmt date | [[[mm]dd]HH]MM[[cc]yy][.ss]] [+format]

You can use Vector Sigma's build script from Clover directory. He make two pre-script: one for SF and one for Github (files in attachment) for create structure and launch his script. Clean install of course.

clovergit

cloversvn

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

You can use Vector Sigma's build script from Clover directory. He make two pre-script: one for SF and one for Github (files in attachment) for create structure and launch his script. Clean install of course.

clovergit

cloversvn

Hmm... clovergit script shows an error in ebuild.sh.

Building from: /Users/jimmy/src/CloverBootloader
./ebuild.sh: line 544: EDK_TOOLS_PATH: unbound variable

I see ellaosx had the exact same issue.

Worked with the ebuild.sh provided by MakAsus.

Edited by arsradu

29 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Can you post ebuild.sh provided by MakAsus, please. :) 

6 hours ago, Slice said:

O! Different bash windows for different projects!

Yep, a lot of enviroment variables are exported, not sure as I haven't tried but probably doing that (using the same terminal session) will causes 'make pkg' to build the package from the wrong and unexpected workspace as well. So I can revert the changes made?:angel:

Edited by vector sigma
typo

58 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @vector sigma

I've new option in Buildme after I try to update Clover from script (there are no present in repo): <<<<<<< Updated upstream  and >>>>>>> Stashed changes. Syntax errors.

The script is broken in Terminal. I don't understand why

Not sure you can commit changes, so why not to not try to create a stash? :P

2 hours ago, arsradu said:

caused by this commit. Waiting Slice if He wants to revert changes to ebuild.sh

5 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

caused by this commit. Waiting Slice if He wants to revert changes to ebuild.sh

Everybody can commit changes to his local repo. He just can't push changes to github.

I don't know if I want to revert ebuild.sh. Both versions are wrong.

39 minutes ago, Slice said:

Everybody can commit changes to his local repo. He just can't push changes to github.

right, but I made it to pull keeping my changes. I'll remove that option as I can do it just by hand.

39 minutes ago, Slice said:

I don't know if I want to revert ebuild.sh. Both versions are wrong.

exporting WORKSPACE  from  ebuild.sh, from the gith version firstly, will cause $WORKSPACE to be the same in git if or when you will switch to the svn one from the same Terminal session. Unless you want to totally override Conf/BuildEnv.sh, but then you have to export EDK_TOOLS_PATH adding also Darwin-x86_64 to $PATH.

Edited by vector sigma

hello. I just been looking into getting NVRAM working on my ASRock Z390 board. I have read a lot of posts that it is still not supported natively and likely will not be.

My question is about the emulation of NVRAM. I have tried with AptioMemoryFix and EmuVariable and no dice. Boots fine with and without these, but nvram variables don't stick. 

I just noticed however that in the latest clover installer there is no AptioMemoryFix anymore. I can only see OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix3Drv. Is it deprecated? What is the the latest advice on getting emulated NVRAM going? 

Cheers

8 hours ago, vector sigma said:

right, but I made it to pull keeping my changes. I'll remove that option as I can do it just by hand.

exporting WORKSPACE  from  ebuild.sh, from the gith version firstly, will cause $WORKSPACE to be the same in git if or when you will switch to the svn one from the same Terminal session. Unless you want to totally override Conf/BuildEnv.sh, but then you have to export EDK_TOOLS_PATH adding also Darwin-x86_64 to $PATH.

There are different Conf/ folders. As well as different BaseTools folders. Why these two project will interfere?

3 hours ago, kuruu said:

hello. I just been looking into getting NVRAM working on my ASRock Z390 board. I have read a lot of posts that it is still not supported natively and likely will not be.

My question is about the emulation of NVRAM. I have tried with AptioMemoryFix and EmuVariable and no dice. Boots fine with and without these, but nvram variables don't stick. 

I just noticed however that in the latest clover installer there is no AptioMemoryFix anymore. I can only see OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix3Drv. Is it deprecated? What is the the latest advice on getting emulated NVRAM going? 

Cheers

You still may use AptioMemoryFix as well as OsAptioFixDrv or OsAptioFix3Drv what is better for you.

None of them gives you working NVRAM on Z390 boards. Thanks to American Megatrend Incorporation.

What to do in the case of Clover bootloader?

Install EmuVariableUefi.efi into drivers/UEFI/ folder.

Install rc.scripts provided with Clover package.

In this case you will have almost all needed Nvram variables writable except variables with non-Apple GUIDs.

Hibernation mode 25 will be available with HibernationFixup.kext which provide additional NVRAM support.

In the case you are using OC or Osmosis you have to ask those developer if they provide analogous services.

In the case of Chameleon some kind of FileNVRAM exists.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Sorry for my bad english :) I explained myself badly as I understand badly what you means.

I select Option 7 yestarday: <<<<<<< Updated upstream  and >>>>>>> Stashed change appears in the script (not in in the orignal in Github repo

This morning, I want to use original Build script with same option 7: I've the issue below. No issue with Option 6.

#? 7
[UPDATE CLOVER]
BaseTools/Source/Python/build/BuildReport.pyc: needs merge
Conf/BuildEnv.sh: needs merge
buildme: needs merge
BaseTools/Source/Python/build/BuildReport.pyc: needs merge
Conf/BuildEnv.sh: needs merge
BaseTools/Source/Python/build/BuildReport.pyc: unmerged (ea3deac11f76de02500d69ee58084962ba6e81b4)
BaseTools/Source/Python/build/BuildReport.pyc: unmerged (5a59c66793d5a7e8fda819d5939f57bb8fdb73be)
BaseTools/Source/Python/build/BuildReport.pyc: unmerged (067f996a8ee42e9bb950fd78d45016cb72b9c16e)
Conf/BuildEnv.sh: unmerged (5386e9424283e839cc802c8ae75f148c3accbeb5)
Conf/BuildEnv.sh: unmerged (95eb44c5b613339d29aaccd29a19a8b290f83278)
buildme: unmerged (48817a2fa37d0184069ca9314f9f17134199d66d)
buildme: unmerged (93d9ec01c02308e7d983c1941cc399f6042eaed4)
buildme: unmerged (ee4607dcb272c3fd622952c72efbcc1ef1f76fb5)
fatal: git-write-tree: error building trees
Cannot save the current index state

Edited by Matgen84

Thanks for the new commits on github! I was able to compile Clover using only github (https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader), with no errors whatsoever, on a clean environment. :) No need to replace ebuild.sh anymore.

By the way, I found using the github method a lot easier and a lot cleaner. :D So...thumbs up from my side.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is `build_gcc9.sh` missing from https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader or it has no support yet?

No GCC 9.2 issue with ./ebuild.sh -fr -t GCC53 https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/ (EDK2 2019 Stable) though.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 15.01.46.jpg

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 6:28 AM, Matgen84 said:

Sorry for my bad english :) I explained myself badly as I understand badly what you means.

I select Option 7 yestarday: <<<<<<< Updated upstream  and >>>>>>> Stashed change appears in the script (not in in the orignal in Github repo

This morning, I want to use original Build script with same option 7: I've the issue below. No issue with Option 6.

Hi, now is different.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:28 AM, Matgen84 said:

Well, I guess you modify it do do something. I hope there's no longer need as I introduced in it a way to expand or compile Clover as you need.

if you create a script:

~/src/tools/Scripts/build.sh

this will be used to build Clover with your own parameters. buildme send the path to Clover ($1) and the toolchain ($2). 

if you create a script:

~/src/tools/Scripts/postbuild.sh

that script will be used to do additional things after you build Clover (e.g. adding drivers).

Hope it helps (only on github atm)

• Thanks 1